Shinobi!

Users who are viewing this thread

I want to try my best to roleplay a stereotypical black pyjamas ninja in this version of the mod. How can I do it?

Oh yeah btw Marty awesome work on v 3.0, loving every single bit

Well i make for an Test an Female Charakter and i had 12 in AGI and some more Running speed... and my start items where an Ninja knife and Kunai. . . i got attacked by 8 Looter and i was alone. . . took all of them down because i was fast and could trow stuff at them :grin:

350E10BFFEE0EADF6D31B9EE35917367572E2DBA

I wish the ninjas right now were a bit more combat effective, but I guess that wouldn't be the most realistic thing in the world, no matter how HILARIOUS it would look

I RP-ed as a Ninja with Shuriken, Katana, And Wakizashi.....definetely didn't put Agility in the hundreds (Talk about fast)

i kinda wish i added more weapons and armor for this. and more agent functionality (but it didn't play nice with the bodyguard code).

ah, i have an idea now as i type this post. mansion raids. if you have agents on you, you can try to sneak into a town or castle, and if a lord is there, you have the option of storming their home. spawns an X amount of troops as guards and you come in with guns blazing swords slashing. the consequence could either be you capture the lord (kidnapping) or you injure him and prevent him from being out on campaign.

i'm not promising that's going to be in... i'm just gonna go try and hope for the best

phlpp said:
i kinda wish i added more weapons and armor for this. and more agent functionality (but it didn't play nice with the bodyguard code).

ah, i have an idea now as i type this post. mansion raids. if you have agents on you, you can try to sneak into a town or castle, and if a lord is there, you have the option of storming their home. spawns an X amount of troops as guards and you come in with guns blazing swords slashing. the consequence could either be you capture the lord (kidnapping) or you injure him and prevent him from being out on campaign.

i'm not promising that's going to be in... i'm just gonna go try and hope for the best

That sounds ****ing awesome :grin:

You know I'm starting to learn modding right now, one of the ideas I had on mind is an alternate version of this mod, calling it "Gekokujo: The Anime Version" with unrealistically large swords and NPCs that feel the need to shout their next attack out loud. All this with your permission ofc

phlpp said:

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

nuekboi said:
phlpp said:

That sounds ******** awesome :grin:

You know I'm starting to learn modding right now, one of the ideas I had on mind is an alternate version of this mod, calling it "Gekokujo: The Anime Version" with unrealistically large swords and NPCs that feel the need to shout their next attack out loud. All this with your permission ofc

I support this if Cirno and Suwako Moriya are in it! (And Itachi) Because I feel that Touhou needs more recognition!

Actually Shinobi wore blue, not black.  :roll:

There are a lot of outfits I'd love to see like semi samurai robe/armor combos for mercenaries/ronin. 

Coraline said:

There are a lot of outfits I'd love to see like semi samurai robe/armor combos for mercenaries/ronin.
OP did say stereotypical ninja

HopitKonsta said:
Coraline said:

OP did say stereotypical ninja
Issue is no Shinobi use blue at all on Gekokujo though. hehe

nuekboi said:
I wish the ninjas right now were a bit more combat effective, but I guess that wouldn't be the most realistic thing in the world, no matter how HILARIOUS it would look

Use them as Skirmishers.  Historically Shinobi didn't stand a chance vs fully armored Samurai.  I often deploy them behind infantry formations, or inbetween infantry/archers as a second line of medium/long range bow/throw weapon troops.  I even dressed up some of my Companions in the past as Shinobi just for this duty.    They seem to exist just for fun more than anything.  They have their uses still... but only as long as people do not expect them to stand up to Samurai.    If you want really strong Shinobi, train some companions as them, focus on throw/bow and some melee, give them classic Shinobi weapons, black hoods/armor and walla, much more effective then Agents in the end. 

The agents have 5 skill in riding, but 0 in athletics. That seems backwards to me.

Real ninja were chosen from the samurai class, so they would hold their own in combat. They would be used in intelligence-gathering, spying, and subterfuge more than fighting or assassinations, though. It would be great to see their role expanded in this mod.

Jlop985 said:
The agents have 5 skill in riding, but 0 in athletics. That seems backwards to me.

Real ninja were chosen from the samurai class, so they would hold their own in combat. They would be used in intelligence-gathering, spying, and subterfuge more than fighting or assassinations, though. It would be great to see their role expanded in this mod.

i used morgh to edit the agents stats and switched the riding to athletics.
the result was far from what i had hoped, they became the meatshield for the infantry everytime they charge in
that + agent's light armor = barrage of orange/red lines on your bottom left screen

sikatjamban said:
Jlop985 said:

i used morgh to edit the agents stats and switched the riding to athletics.
the result was far from what i had hoped, they became the meatshield for the infantry everytime they charge in
that + agent's light armor = barrage of orange/red lines on your bottom left screen
boost their agility, and maybe powerstrike but it won't make sense i guess..

by the way.. your name..... sikatjamban? Sounds familiar to me :mrgreen:

Jlop985 said:

That's certainly a mistake

I don't remember what they were supposed to have 5 skill in, if not athletics though (which as sikatjampan points out, causes them to die)

i personally still use the edited version with 5 athletics,
the simple workaround to counter their squishiness is to put them separated from "Infantry" category
no more blind charge for them in open field battles

although, i'm starting to consider firing them as my engineer get higher level
times are tough, they might do better for themselves tending fields in their villages
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom