"Shields Block on Back" actually don't block on back

Users who are viewing this thread

it's very easy to post a simple and effective balancing on back shield
something like a modifiler making you 5% slower on all action while holding it in hand, x2 if it's on the back, x3 if both, multiplier based on shield size
this way you don't hurt the orthodox play style, the varangian guard style could be done without significant advantage and turtle lover can be a turtle

but this is taleworlds we don't do this here, deductive changes are the only choice. If it doesn't suit the vision we remove it.
I think we shouldn't make it too complicated. The simplest solution is just to have shields block on back and take regular damage as if one was holding it. And if TW wants to do more, the most that should be done is shields take more damage while on back as opposed to while being held.

it's very easy to post a simple and effective balancing on back shield
something like a modifiler making you 5% slower on all action while holding it in hand, x2 if it's on the back, x3 if both, multiplier based on shield size
this way you don't hurt the orthodox play style, the varangian guard style could be done without significant advantage and turtle lover can be a turtle

but this is taleworlds we don't do this here, deductive changes are the only choice. If it doesn't suit the vision we remove it.

Man what would I give for knowing the vision for bannerlord in its whole, before any constraints. Just to get some..perspective.

@Op: shields on the back should block, full agreement on that.

Maybe not the right thread but does anyone else wish arrows and javelins could be removed from the body, or would just disappear after a while?

I just don't get why they stick to the body and not the shield when they hit the shield on the back.
I remember they use to but they no longer do. I think this is because the hit registers the flesh instead of the shield to get the damage. In a way it glitches so the arrow disappears.

Edit: Dev, please we need shields to block on back. No one wants/needs to grind to get a chance at the perk. It doesn't make sense.

There soon will be a mod which will sumarise all realistic features and combine into main game which doesnt have any "paywall"
Dehorsing mounted unit with melee weapon is also a feature behind a perk which needs to be unlocked.

Same goes goes Shield on back. How about DEVs remove this perk entirely and improve Hitbox of shields, so skill and precision shooting would matter. What they did is they made a workaround to reduce worktime on certain gameplay aspect.

Taking shortcuts isn't an option.

There soon will be a mod which will sumarise all realistic features and combine into main game which doesnt have any "paywall"
Dehorsing mounted unit with melee weapon is also a feature behind a perk which needs to be unlocked.

Same goes goes Shield on back. How about DEVs remove this perk entirely and improve Hitbox of shields, so skill and precision shooting would matter. What they did is they made a workaround to reduce worktime on certain gameplay aspect.

Taking shortcuts isn't an option.
Agreed. They make players grind very long just to get a chance at blocking. Anyone can pick up a shield in real life and put it on their backs and get the shield physics. You don't have to defeat thousands of foes for the physics to become a thing.

Devs are moving away from a gear based mechanics to an arcade game with this stupid perks. Honestly this perk thing is getting out of hand, they want to implement perks at the cost of gameplay, taking away a feature with one hand and giving you half with the other.
I don't think people want to grind for a thing that is supposed to be a given.

Devs are moving away from a gear based mechanics to an arcade game with this stupid perks. Honestly this perk thing is getting out of hand, they want to implement perks at the cost of gameplay, taking away a feature with one hand and giving you half with the other.
I don't think people want to grind for a thing that is supposed to be a given.
I wonder how much more of this type of perk will or exists right now? I know there are lots of perks to go through, read, and remember.

Its super easy actually. Just max out the skill and shoot long shots from horseback.
I can get around 100 bow/crossbow within a couple of in-game days. And then you just continue and youll have it
Yep.

My scout currently has more than 225. I just park my companions on horseback at the back of my formations and leave them there sniping from horse through battles. They become rather deadly once they can use bigger crossbows from horseback.

Although... ironically... I load them out with extra bolts and a glaive rather than using a shield.

Back
Top Bottom