Share your Total War stories here

Users who are viewing this thread

Priyon of Sparta said:
How many regions Italians have?
I am destroying France, and after that I will lay my hands on Prussia.

6. There are no units in the cities, so I am rolling through them ,lol.

lol :lol:

I am now facing threats from all. No allies, no trade partners, even my ministers and generals are dying as a microbe.

Medieval II: I am now taking over Moors by playing as Egypt, powerful armies and Mamluks are there.

Rome: I am playing SPQR mod and I am hitting Macedonians with my Spartan Hoplites, I created a whole army of them:smile:

Priyon of Sparta said:
nordman101 said:
Is it just me or when you read Familyguy1's posts, does it should like Stewie?
What?
I don't know. I'm crazy because I have a voice in my head. By day I'm a fellow forumer, by night I'm a mass murderer/rapist/taliban and at full moons  I'm a were****. Scared? :twisted:

nordman101 said:
Priyon of Sparta said:
nordman101 said:
Is it just me or when you read Familyguy1's posts, does it should like Stewie?
What?
I don't know. I'm crazy because I have a voice in my head. By day I'm a fellow forumer, by night I'm a mass murderer/rapist/taliban and at full moons  I'm a were****. Scared? :twisted:
Man, I wonder what you are, and after that I get unconcious. :twisted: :shock: :oops:

Okay friends, let's not get off topic

ejnomad07 said:
:shock:

Which Total War introduced Naval Battles?

I really stopped playing after they changed the map away from the RISK style.
Empire: Total War, Napoleon: Total War and Shogun 2: Total War have naval battle feature.

ejnomad07 said:

Lets see..that was Shogun:TW or Medieval: TW..I think both.

The TW series is my style of play, I cant stand the EU games or the Civ games, having actual control over the battle is what I like....

Familyguy1 said:
ejnomad07 said:

Lets see..that was Shogun:TW or Medieval: TW..I think both.

The TW series is my style of play, I cant stand the EU games or the Civ games, having actual control over the battle is what I like....
Me too, I like games in which we can both battle with thousand soldiers and govern an empire.

Neither of the Medieval Total Wars allows you to actually fight naval battles.

Question: Are there naval custom battles in the newer ones?

AWdeV said:
Neither of the Medieval Total Wars allows you to actually fight naval battles.

Question: Are there naval custom battles in the newer ones?
Yes, as I said, Empire, Napoleon and Shogun 2: Total War have naval battles.

I'm currently playing Thera mod for Kingdoms, as the Faustian reich, I'm carving out a nice empire and I invaded the continent of the romans and Spartans and that faction that has orcs and Lykans and lizardmen.

Awesome mod really, i also have a game as the Romuli, conquered most of their continent allready, Roman formations with Roman arquebusiers and reptile men mercenaries are deadly!

But i do prefer the 18th century tactics you can use with the Faustian reich

In case you don't know the mod:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=343327

The Romans have some intimidating units:
Roman_Arquebusiers_info.jpg
Pretorian_Guard_info.jpg
triarii_info.jpg

This thread seems to be dominated by Empire and Napoleon, so I think I'll make a start on the Medieval II front. Warning Warning, wall of text!!

Me and my friend are doing a hotseat campaign. I'm playing as the English (English Longbowmen FTW :mrgreen:) and he's playing as Russia (Don't ask me why). Early on in the game, my mate tried to bride the rebel owned Moscow into joining him. They accepted...if he gave them 10k. I told my friend not to but he's opposed with Russia so he had a orgasm and accepted. Then he saw the error of his ways and started to save up his money. The problem was that whenever he started to get a bit of money, he went and spent it all on pointless troops and buildings. The only good thing about his campaign is that he had a  strong alliance with Poland.

I quickly became the strongest faction, wiping out Scotland, France and Denmark quick. Then in the lands of the Holy Roman Empire, trouble in the form of Emperor Ulrich the Greedy. They started to dominate the whole map and all other factions had to bow too their will....or be eliminated. Me and my friend decided that they were getting way to powerfull and that something had to be done. We both trained two Grand Armies (armies with over 2000 troops of good men) and crushed all of the HRE. It was pretty epic.

Then my friend thought it would be fun to murder the Pope. He assassinated the first one but the second time he was caught. Now I'm having to defend him from hordes of crusaders. It's not fun.

In my Medieval II, I am also playing as England, and I edited the turn numbers to make it a slow paced game. I first sent my cardinal Aston to Holy land, so that his piety would increase. Then he became the top Bishop Preferati. And I assasinated the Pope, elected and won the Holy See. Then I requested him to call a Crusade on Antioch, he agreed at once. I won it, with the help of Venice. But Venice threatened me to give Antioch to them or they will attack, so I assasinated their prince and Doge.

I am now fighting Hundred Hears War, with France. Their allies are Holy Roman Empire and Spain, plus Milan also. I am winning! Yay! :twisted: :twisted: :grin:

but it's the wrong board... should be in other games...

Myeah, I'm playing Third Age: Total War. Best TW mod I've found. It's really freaking awesome, seriously.

Back
Top Bottom