Server Statistics and World Ranking - In development

Users who are viewing this thread

Tul

Knight
Hi guys,
I'm developing a web script that builds statistics from server logs. It includes statistics for different servers, world ranking, individual statistics, search engine and many others. Just check this out:

http://stats.ndition.net/
or the old and slow site which soon will be closed:
http://mb-stats.x10.bz

There are just two servers right now but I want to put there as many of them as possible so if someone wants to add his server to the list, please contact me in order to discuss the way of server access. I'll also be glad to hear some opinions and ideas from you as the script is still in development.

No offense meant, but I think that's a downright terrible idea :neutral:. No need to encourage over-competitive play. I have the right to suck without it being recorded.

kingofnoobia said:
No offense meant, but I think that's a downright terrible idea :neutral:. No need to encourage over-competitive play. I have the right to suck without it being recorded.

Would you leave your exam results unopened if you thought you were going to get an low grade?

I understand you very well as I had the same objections but there is also a lot of people who would be interested in such statistics. You can just ignore them if you want, they shouldn't disturb you.

You did a great job
Though, I'm against this as well, as people will start playing for their K/D ratio.

P.S. I'll admit thought, that the information you've got there is quite interesting and might be useful. I'm just afraid that some people would be really going for a high K/D ratio, thus ruining the team play. But, one could argue that it's happening all the time even without the stats, so yeah, maybe it's not as bad of an idea as I initially thought :grin:
Great job once again :grin:

Devil_Inside said:
I'll admit thought, that the information you've got there is quite interesting and might be useful.
One of the most useful things which is not obvious is a quick clan overview. Just try to put 'ref', 'srt' or 'sz' in search input. The last clan doesn't exist any more yet you are still able to find its members and check to which clan they belongs now.

I really like this and have brought it to the attention of my clan. Good bit of work there. I have 1 little problem with it tho. Would it be possible to set it up so it only showed people with a certain number of kills (for example over 50 kills) as with the smaller numbers it really puts a skew on some of the results.

Psiphoon said:
kingofnoobia said:

Would you leave your exam results unopened if you thought you were going to get an low grade?
What kind of a ****ty analogy is that? My exams aren't exactly a game, are they? I won't **** about on an exam just to amuse myself, as the result may have quite some consequence on the rest of my life. If I want to run around naked with a winged mace on a battle server, I don't think that would decrease my overall life quality.

Tul said:
I understand you very well as I had the same objections but there is also a lot of people who would be interested in such statistics. You can just ignore them if you want, they shouldn't disturb you.
The problem is that I do care, more than I would like to. And I don't want to care. And other people can see my stats too. The result would be that I would not play if I have a bad day, or that I would feel guilty when I'm just ****ing about. I will certainly avoid any servers that run this system.

kingofnoobia said:
Psiphoon said:
kingofnoobia said:

What kind of a ****ty analogy is that? My exams aren't exactly a game, are they? I won't **** about on an exam just to amuse myself, as the result may have quite some consequence on the rest of my life. If I want to run around naked with a winged mace on a battle server, I don't think that would decrease my overall life quality.

Tul said:
The problem is that I do care, more than I would like to. And I don't want to care. And other people can see my stats too. The result would be that I would not play if I have a bad day, or that I would feel guilty when I'm just ****ing about. I will certainly avoid any servers that run this system.

It's not just exams, I could just as easily have compared it to a pub quiz or a game of pooh sticks. In any game it's fair to want to know how well you did, so I don't understand why in this particular case you think that's a bad idea. And I for one will still be rolling the naked battleaxe loadout and doing the leaping kamikaze overswing whenever I feel like it.

Tul said:
Hi guys,
I'm developing a web script that builds statistics from server logs. It includes statistics for different servers, world ranking, individual statistics, search engine and many others. Just check this out:

http://mb-stats.x10.bz

There are just two servers right now but I want to put there as many of them as possible so if someone wants to add his server to the list, please contact me in order to discuss the way of server access. I'll also be glad to hear some opinions and ideas from you as the script is still in development.

We have our own ranking server system currently for our server.

USA_Central_POM

Stats can be viewed on our website, http://usacentralpom.com/stats.php

We are also working on a few other additions to the stats program, should be finished this month.
Currently, it shows daily top 100 and daily most kills (100).

However Tul, we would still be interested in having our server added to the list. Let us know how we get added. Thanks!

hmm i am 174 not bad, like the stat's i am currently 2:1 not to shabby. and i guessed it would have been those ninja horseman that would have killed me the most  :razz:

Uthred

Stats are good. It encourages the community to play competitively which will mean more people will stick with the game.

Everyone saying no to stats doesn't realise how much they're going to hurt the future community.

Every competitive game has a strong following. Casual communities last for a few fleeting moments... then dissolve.

The will to 'get better' is what keeps people playing longest.

i see what you are saying, but i am not sure i like statistics it will take away the team work factor as people will just be trying to steal kills to up there score, archers firing into melee....

Uthred

What I find interesting is the weapons usage statistics.  So spears are the most commonly used or fave weapon. 

kingofnoobia said:

Seriously, a thousand times no.

Nords will be in EVERY vote and they'll always find a safe spot to camp soon as it's widely known a server has stats.

Back
Top Bottom