Server Config changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Archonsod

An old salt from the mainland
Marquis
Hey guys,

If you change any of the server settings please note it below saying what the setting was originally, what you changed it to and which server. Shouldn't need to bother if you just change maps / factions or similar, but definitely for round timings, friendly fire and the other "non-votable" stuff. It'll make it easier to track if/what has been changed in case we need to go change it back or similar.

I changed the US Siege server's bot count from 25/25 to 10/25. Shortly afterwords I lagged out and was not able to rejoin.

Will try again later, but im having lunch right now

Changed Server 6 on 10/02/2009 From Conquest To Battle with the following changes:

Conquest to Battle
Faction 1: Nords
Faction 2: Vagiers
Unchecked all 3 boxes about polls: - That is what bugged the server. 99.9% Sure.
Changed max players from 20 to 64, then back to 20. - Dont know if it matters if i changed it then changed it back
FF(Friendly Fire) To Shared

And thats about it i think

Sat 03.10 on 11PM (GMT +2) Changed the EU Battle server into Manual Blocking due to popular demand but when renaming the server "EU #2 Battle (Man. B)" it changed it automaticly into some random server962 or something like that because of a bug. Sorry for the inconvenience.  :sad:

EDIT: Now that I'm on the lobby it still says EU #2. Weird. But still, the server is now on Manual Blocking.

sadnhappy said:
Sat 03.10 on 11PM (GMT +2) Changed the EU Battle server into Manual Blocking due to popular demand but when renaming the server "EU #2 Battle (Man. B)" it changed it automaticly into some random server962 or something like that because of a bug. Sorry for the inconvenience.  :sad:

EDIT: Now that I'm on the lobby it still says EU #2. Weird. But still, the server is now on Manual Blocking.

The name problem on this server I just fixed. I also added the manual tag.

ejnomad07 said:
sadnhappy said:

I noticed that wherever I press 'L' even when typing the server name it pops up the list. How did you go around this? Copy paste?  :razz:

EDIT: *FACEPALM*

sadnhappy said:
ejnomad07 said:
sadnhappy said:

I noticed that wherever I press 'L' even when typing the server name it pops up the list. How did you go around this? Copy paste?  :razz:

Easy. I rekeyed the chat log to another button.  :cool:

Also fixed the name of US_S2. Someone broke that one too

EDIT: Changed S1 to Manual Block and a battle match from auto and team deathmatch. The other current server was full and giving the excess a chance to play. Will change back when the other's numbers drop a bit.

I've been logging into empty/low pop servers and checking the bot populations. I guess people like to log into them & set bot count to 50. I've been setting them to 10 or so to reduce server stress.

Just so everyone is aware of it, there are no "OK" or "back" buttons what so ever.
If you by accident remove the name of the server it doesn't help by just pressing "back" or whatever it's called.
The name will still be gone so keep an eye so you don't missclick.

Corvid said:
Just so everyone is aware of it, there are no "OK" or "back" buttons what so ever.
If you by accident remove the name of the server it doesn't help by just pressing "back" or whatever it's called.

Meh. One more server goes down and we are out of a job anyway.  :lol:

But thanks for the heads up.

ejnomad07 said:
Corvid said:

Meh. One more server goes down and we are out of a job anyway.  :lol:

But thanks for the heads up.

I never would have thought that the economic recession could affect me this way. :lol:

"Unemployed admin looking for a server" :grin:

I've disabled map and faction voting on EU S2 cause I was tired of having votes popping up every few minutes (there doesn't seem to be a bot vote option either, though thats still enabled), and I know a lot of other people were as well. The same 2 or 3 maps repeated over and over is also getting tedious. People need variety to keep enjoying the game.

Caveman said:
I've disabled map and faction voting on EU S2 cause I was tired of having votes popping up every few minutes (there doesn't seem to be a bot vote option either, though thats still enabled), and I know a lot of other people were as well. The same 2 or 3 maps repeated over and over is also getting tedious. People need variety to keep enjoying the game.

I second that but didn't have the balls to disable the polls ! :wink:

Due to popular demand, changed the EU Battle server to Manual blocking. It seems to be really popular among the players, shouldn't there be a poll option for it btw? :cool:

sadnhappy said:
Due to popular demand, changed the EU Battle server to Manual blocking. It seems to be really popular among the players, shouldn't there be a poll option for it btw? :cool:

Done that a few times myself. Have also been changing it back on demand whenever players wanted it differently.
Same with the FF options.
Agree on that players should have a poll to change these basic things.

Corvid said:
sadnhappy said:

Done that a few times myself. Have also been changing it back on demand whenever players wanted it differently.
Same with the FF options.
Agree on that players should have a poll to change these basic things.
Noo, the Devs should make manual block the default  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom