Serious Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Well then why do you even care? You're aren't out of pocket, you haven't lost any time...? Just go back to warband. Why even get involved in the bannerlord community at all? For you it's a free game which you hate and have barely played; there's nothing keeping you involved with it.

If you see something in the game - tell people that. If you don't - just leave it for those that do.
It baffles me how you don't understand that people genuinely do want a sequel to Warband's Multiplayer. Bigger and better. The experience they've been having with their friends, clans and communities for the past 10 years. They're literally criticizing the game right now because it's neither of those and everyone wants to see it get there. For people in since alpha/closed beta there has been zero(0) evidence that supports the game will eventually get somewhere and this patch will be the first true test. Too little, too late for most people and it's really not hard to understand. From my perspective the modding tools are awesome but currently it's only going to be meaningful for Singleplayer modding considering that MP has no custom servers, and won't have custom servers in any near future. The combat changes are welcome, but they don't adress any structural issues that have been pointed out ever since the first alpha test in June 2019.

There's clearly and undisputably progress happening from the developer side, but the real question for me is how long will it take for Bannerlord to become a viable alternative to Warband. There's still a very, very long road ahead and it's disappointing considering we've been waiting for 8 years.

It baffles me how you don't understand that people genuinely do want a sequel to Warband's Multiplayer. Bigger and better. The experience they've been having with their friends, clans and communities for the past 10 years. They're literally criticizing the game right now because it's neither of those and everyone wants to see it get there. For people in since alpha/closed beta there has been zero(0) evidence that supports the game will eventually get somewhere and this patch will be the first true test. Too little, too late for most people and it's really not hard to understand. From my perspective the modding tools are awesome but currently it's only going to be meaningful for Singleplayer modding considering that MP has no custom servers, and won't have custom servers in any near future. The combat changes are welcome, but they don't adress any structural issues that have been pointed out ever since the first alpha test in June 2019.
Because these same people are killing the Sequel to the Warband multiplayer!! They would be better served by leaving and coming back in a year - every thread crapping on the game & TW is another nail in the coffin... It drives another player away from even trying it and making up their own mind.

No amount of crapping on our own doorstep will make the game how you want it to be... You want a community - and you are trying to achieve that by killing the community! There's no point in having a perfect recreation of the Warband MP if there is no one left to play it! So stop driving people away!

So you can't read. "I still don't recommend it" doesn't mean "NEVER BUY IT".

Also, most new players don't read the forums so what you are saying is delusional, as always. Fanboys are the ones who should leave forums. If you think this game is playable then you don't need to be on the forums, just play the game.

Because these same people are killing the Sequel to the Warband multiplayer!!
Wrong. How dare you, honestly how dare you blame the community for this. All of the issues with the Multiplayer side of the game were recorded, reported and analysed during the closed beta. People were warning Taleworlds what will happen to the Multiplayer once it goes into release. Are you suggesting a handful of remaining MP forum users killed the game? The entirety of Warband's Multiplayer playerbase and communities, ranging from Native, PW, Mercenaries to NW, Deluge and other mods was convinced not to play Bannerlord because of forum users?

Or maybe(just maaaybe) it's because there's nothing offered to all the casual or competitive Warband players. There's nothing familiar they would love to return to. So with the old playerbase out of the picture, where was the new audience? That's right, nowhere to be found. That's because currently(and most importantly, on release) the Multiplayer part of the game was unstable, lacked content and balance. You don't attract new MP players by offering half baked MP, and you lose the veterans. The result is what we have right now.

We'll see after the next patch, it might be enough to bring in just about enough players to keep it on life support until custom servers are around. Realistically, custom servers will likely be enough to bring in a lot of the casual/event/clan community despite the combat having major issues.

So you can't read. "I still don't recommend it" doesn't mean "NEVER BUY IT".
The point is in general; not just directed at you Alyss. But it is largely semantics; that's not a statement that is encouraging to people exploring the MP side of the game regardless.

Wrong. How dare you, honestly how dare you blaming the community for this. All of the issues with the Multiplayer side of the game were recorded, reported and analysed during the closed beta. People were warning Taleworlds what will happen to the Multiplayer once it goes into release. Are you suggesting a handful of remaining MP forum users killed the game? The entirety of Warband's Multiplayer playerbase and communities, ranging from Native, PW, Mercenaries to NW, Deluge and other mods was convinced not to play Bannerlord because of forum users?

I'm not saying it's the communities fault. I am saying the community isn't helping (at least anymore). There are obviously things we want to change in the game - but a constant tirade of abuse directed at TW helps no one.

The point is in general; not just directed at you Alyss. But it is largely semantics; that's not a statement that is encouraging to people exploring the MP side of the game regardless.
Because we are not encouraging players to explore the Multiplayer in its current state. If SP or new players try the game now they'll end up not playing it at all when it is fixed by mods (because it's pretty much clear that TW won't fix it totally). Why would we tell people to play the game right now if there is a strong possibility that they will never play it after getting kickpilaed or spawn killed, or after they crashed because of a horse glitch that was never fixed on Warband.

Lets have everyone who gives valid criticism go away, and have Taleworlds only be surrounded by yes-men, because by doing so you are surely going to improve the game

-Axios 2020

Lets have everyone who gives valid criticism go away, and have Taleworlds only be surrounded by yes-men, because by doing so you are surely going to improve the game

-Axios 2020
There's a difference between criticism and abuse. Frankly the people in this thread aren't even really what I am talking about... this is what I am talking about...

Don´t waste your time, it´s complete. It´s just bug fixing. But have fun talking about stuff that will never make into the game unless modders do it :smile:
Sure they will add some armor/weapon here, some scene (they claim unigque scenes for all castels/towns/villages) there, but that´s it.

Because these same people are killing the Sequel to the Warband multiplayer!!

You aren’t getting it man. It’s already dead. There currently is no sequel to Warband multiplayer. Bannerlord is its own completely new thing that nobody likes.

Every single thing that made Warband multiplayer a success is either absent or broken. Battle is not present. Large custom servers for line battles are not present. A high skill ceiling is not present. In depth customization is not present. Siege is currently broken. There is no sequel to Mount&Blade multiplayer. Understandably, Mount&Blade fans are upset about that.

You aren’t getting it man. It’s already dead. There currently is no sequel to Warband multiplayer. Bannerlord is its own completely new thing that nobody likes.

Every single thing that made Warband multiplayer a success is either absent or broken. Battle is not present. Large custom servers for line battles are not present. A high skill ceiling is not present. In depth customization is not present. Siege is currently broken. There is no sequel to Mount&Blade multiplayer. Understandably, Mount&Blade fans are upset about that.

If it's dead to you - then just leave it be. Let the people who do enjoy it have their cake and eat it?

I strongly believe the official forum for a game should be for the people who play and enjoy it - not the people who hate it. Now this is different to criticism. I take a big role on the total war forums and criticise things which are wrong; as do many others. However they like the game they are talking about.

I didn't like Borderlands - I don't go on the forum there and demand it becomes the game I want.

Last edited:
If it's dead to you - then just leave it be. Let the people who do enjoy it have their cake and eat it?

I strongly believe the official forum for a game should be for the people who play and enjoy it - not the people who hate it.

I didn't like Borderlands - I don't go on the forum there and demand it becomes the game I want.

This is the approach that 99% of the players took. There is a reason that there are 15 people in the entire skirmish queue, along with the forum being a graveyard compared to the old Warband forum. You see us here because we are the only people who actually have hope that Taleworlds will listen to feedback. The other thousand+ players from the old comp scene have all given up.

Very serious question. What do you actually enjoy about Bannerlord multiplayer? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you in a skirmish or TDM match? Siege can’t finish a round without crashing. Are you a captain mode player? If so why do you get angry any time people say skirmish is bad?

This is the approach that 99% of the players took. There is a reason that there are 15 people in the entire skirmish queue, along with the forum being a graveyard compared to the old Warband forum. You see us here because we are the only people who actually have hope that Taleworlds will listen to feedback. The other thousand+ players from the old comp scene have all given up.

Very serious question. What do you actually enjoy about Bannerlord multiplayer? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you in a skirmish or TDM match? Siege can’t finish a round without crashing. Are you a captain mode player? If so why do you get angry any time people say skirmish is bad?
Well you probably won't see me full stop as I play in Europe not NA (which I think is your region).

What do I like? It's M&B but with better graphics! Siege is better, animation is better, audio is better. Everything I like about warband - but designed for a modern PC. I play every game mode; even TDM - which is my least favourite.

There are things which aren't perfect, yet. Combat parameters need improving, i'd like more modes etc but it's still the game I've played for the last 12+ years. It still functions the same; it's just not finished yet. It's still M&B; and I love M&B.

How do you not enjoy it? Accept that it isn't finished yes... but actively not enjoy the same M&B formula?

Last edited:
I honestly would not reccomend the game in its current state to anybody. It’s just not worth it and I’d feel like I’m cheating people out of their money.

Because these same people are killing the Sequel to the Warband multiplayer!! [...]
disappointed-terrible-awful-omg-embarassed-embarassing-wtf-gif.gif

What an unfortunate comment... worthy of a mute for a week at least.

[...] There are things which aren't perfect, yet. [...]

This sentence sums up all your verbiage. The typical "good job" after your son finishes fourth in a race...
To paraphrase you, "there are some things in Bannerlord that are not perfect"; that's why we are here (the ones that still remain), so that with our critical feedback, Bannerlord becomes a gold medal, not a fourth place. The sentence of "good job" undeserved is the sum of hypocrisy; tell me what my flaws are so I can improve.

How do you not enjoy it? Accept that it isn't finished yes... but actively not enjoy the same M&B formula?
I dont feel like I have control over my character
- I cant customize my character the way I want to. You are Varyag#3
- There is no progression in equipment gain
- Combat is messed up, especially for infantry, making infantry incredibly unfun to play
- There is no side swapping in skirmish, making some fights pre decided
- There are massive balance issues
- Poorly optimised for low end/medium pcs
- Large amounts of crashes, especially on siege
- Camera fights me as much as I fight the enemy
- Stances are a non factor
- Chambering is a non factor
- Kicks are broken
- Hitboxes are broken
- Skill is secondary.

Compared to Warband where
- I had amazing control over my character, it felt like I was my character and if I was good enough, I could win any fight
- I could customize my character based on the culture I was using, if I wanted to show off, I'd use no helmet, which made it risky as hell, as any weapon could 1 hit me. Or if I wanted to be unique I'd use no boots or something. You can create an identity on public servers where if the see you comming, they'd leap off the castle to avoid fighting you.
- If I did well, I was rewarded with equipment that would make me stronger, but would overall not give me a massive benefit. If I fought a stronger player, he would still beat me.
- Combat was near flawless, there were some annoyances but nothing compared to the combat in Bannerlord.
- Infantry was powerfull, and it was fun to play.
- Factions were decently balanced, and side swapping prevented 1 team to have an advantage.
- Some weapons were overpowered, like Long Awlpike on horseback, and it took us years to figure that out. This could be prevented with patches.
- Low end graphics would still run it. It would look like crap, but it would run. Bannerlord on lowest looks worse than warband on max and runs worse.
- Rarely crashed (as expected from such an old game)
- After probably 10 000 hours of warband, I dont remember a single time I've cursed at the camera.
- Combat was "easy" to learn, hard to master.
- Chambering was a relatively high skill way of punishing players, a high risk high reward way of killing your enemy. Or to show off. You could smirk when you pulled it off because its risky but god so satisfying.
- Kicks had its role to play and with the exeption of high ping kicks, they couldnt be abused.
- Hitboxes were incredibly well done, with the exeption of invisible walls but thats more an issue of the past I supose
- Skill was primary. If me as an archer was better at melee than my enemy, regardless of his class, I would win the fight. Even with 1 power strike for Vaegir archers.

Thats why I like Warband above Bannerlord. Many of these things hopefully will be fixed, but not following the same path as Warband was a mistake.

@AxiosXiphos Your argument that players are killing the game by not vehemently praising it to new players is just completely false. The community has been and still is the reason most new players even bother to keep playing mount and blade multiplayer. Especially with the new sequel being in the state it is the community is still the biggest reason any player bothers to stick around. The issue is that though we wish to improve the game it is very difficult for majority of us to enjoy it. We don't tell players to buy the game in hopes it will be worth their money someday because after 8 years it would be crazy to think it is guaranteed it will reach that state. If there being over 100k players searching at once on launch day down to 20ish in just a few months is not proof enough players are having a hard time keeping with the game I don't know what is.

Honestly axios when I see all your counter posts to every single bit of valid criticism on these forums it makes me so upset that you feel you have the right to actively get in the way of trying to make a bad game better.
You aren't bringing anything to the table in these replies except making everyone who loves this game want to play even less.

I hate to say this but I think you have a worse impact on these forums than people like mostblunted. But I think you're a good person and should stay around because everyone deserves a voice. Maybe stop derailing every single post by hurting op's feelings telling them to stop playing what is probably the game they love only second to warband

Back
Top Bottom