SP Fantasy Second Age

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seriously wondering how so many people DON'T see all the 'don't ask for release dates' posts. I mean, hot damn. I feel like they make up a majority of the posts in this thread.

lordgigo said:
Can u update the done thing. plz........ or is the same  :???:

ahhhhh, download dates, release things,done dates, damn, stop asking for that, those all are the same questions :mad: :twisted: :evil:

Stop asking for release dates!!

X-Warrior-X said:
EDIT: Btw, Xendor, alot of the units at the begining look changed and stuff, are the nords going to be changed or....

There are just "woad archers" for nords. I still need something brilliant for nord troops. Norman Knights maybe?

Pls no norman Knights or add some cavalry in rhodoks because it could ruin the uniqueness of its faction.

Is Second Age have spear bracing action so the rhodoks will have advantage in cavalry or add the nords with spear troops so they can fight cavalry head ons?

Spanky used Norman-style cavalry with the Nords in his 1257 mod -- they both looked unique and had a lot of style. They were also frickin' terrifying. Huscarls on horses. Not as heavily armoured as the Swadians, but they'd tear a swath of destruction everywhere they went. Longer shields, mail coats to the knees, conical helms... they look pretty awesome in contrast with the more heavily armoured knights.

Xendor said:
X-Warrior-X said:
EDIT: Btw, Xendor, alot of the units at the begining look changed and stuff, are the nords going to be changed or....

There are just "woad archers" for nords. I still need something brilliant for nord troops. Norman Knights maybe?

Maybe give them an elite infantry with a two hander, athletics,power strike, and iron flesh all at 10, have something that can actually butcher Calvary ?

And by two hander i mean a sword, not axe.

Historically, the 'viking' cultures had some pretty impressive bowmen and some damned impressive cavalry. Hell, it was the northmen who ended up becoming the very archetype of knight that we're all familiar with. If I recall, that region ended up somewhat behind the others technologically (in terms of armour and weapons for cavalry) -- not by a huge margin, mind -- but behind nonetheless.  The Huscarls are the most feared infantry in native. Put a few in conical helms, long mail (chain, ring, or scale) coats, give 'em a kite shield and a sturdy (hunter) horse to ride, perhaps even with minimal armour... and you've got terror on the field. A Huscarl that can ride you down is not something to be taken lightly.

Northcott said:
Historically, the 'viking' cultures had some pretty impressive bowmen and some damned impressive cavalry. Hell, it was the northmen who ended up becoming the very archetype of knight that we're all familiar with. If I recall, that region ended up somewhat behind the others technologically (in terms of armour and weapons for cavalry) -- not by a huge margin, mind -- but behind nonetheless.  The Huscarls are the most feared infantry in native. Put a few in conical helms, long mail (chain, ring, or scale) coats, give 'em a kite shield and a sturdy (hunter) horse to ride, perhaps even with minimal armour... and you've got terror on the field. A Huscarl that can ride you down is not something to be taken lightly.

Totally right. After all, the Norma knights originated in Denmark.

By the way, if you mix a mail coif with the Norman helmet model (which is the same as the Arena helmet), you'll have a Norman helmet much better than the Guard Helmet.

Take care!

I suggested giving "Norman Knight" axes and javelins it will give them a distinctive features
Or naked, 2 hand-wielder,heavy helmet and MOUNTED units, they suit Nord and work pretty well in EG III though (and called Monk  :lol:)

Arzeal said:
I suggested giving "Norman Knight" axes and javelins it will give them a distinctive features
Or naked, 2 hand-wielder,heavy helmet and MOUNTED units, they suit Nord and work pretty well in EG III though (and called Monk  :lol:)

I gave my Swad Knights javelins, they're beasts.

Some info about factions and troops

Khergits: No infantry at all. Heavy melee cavalry (spears and scimitars), ranged light cavalry (shortbow+jarid)
Rhodoks: Light melee cavalry (lances and swords), crossbowmen (light at the beginning, later upgrades to heavy) heavy lancer infantry
Swadians: Heavy knight cavalry (lances and swords), light longbowmen (long range accurate missiles), medium infantry (later upgrades to cavalry)
Vaegirs: Medium knyaz cavalry (axes and spears), medium infantry, medium archers
Nords: Medium norman knights (axe users), heavy huscarl infantry (melee+throwing), light woad archers (axe+bows, fastest infantry of the game)

Xendor said:
Some info about factions and troops

Khergits: No infantry at all. Heavy melee cavalry (spears and scimitars), ranged light cavalry (shortbow+jarid)
Rhodoks: Light melee cavalry (lances and swords), crossbowmen (light at the beginning, later upgrades to heavy) heavy lancer infantry
Swadians: Heavy knight cavalry (lances and swords), light longbowmen (long range accurate missiles), medium infantry (later upgrades to cavalry)
Vaegirs: Medium knyaz cavalry (axes and spears), medium infantry, medium archers
Nords: Medium norman knights (axe users), heavy huscarl infantry (melee+throwing), light woad archers (axe+bows, fastest infantry of the game)

I think the Khergits should have a infantry called Sand Trooper, can only be recruited from a Khergit Town or something ? Just giving my input again, but yeah.

SOME SUGGESTIONS (AGAIN)

-The armor and weapon shall be breakable (also u ve to visit the armory or smith) i hope this is easy to integrate ingame.
-There should be more than 2 new companions (1, 2 more pls!)
-There should be a cave (or more) (icon on map) where you ve to go through dungeons. (But it should be difficult to survive)
-You should make some pioneers, which the player can hire in game (But they should not be infights) just to raise tracking + speed (Without those attribute points) with %
Also medics(heals your men faster on map, engineer (better in attacking castles), strategist... (i think you know what i mean)
-@first suggestion: What about a little upgrade for the armors and weapons (depends on the smiths ability and money from player) Also if u find good ore for the smith
-on the sea there should be some merchants. They sell special fish and know good rumors.
-What about duels where you can bet and watch? (like in oblivion) but with rates f.e. 1,20  2,10  (like in mybet ;D)
-The player should be able to steal (not just cattles) horses, ... everything which is for sell... (But if you get caught u ll be arrested forrrr maaany days... andy you ll loose everything)
So this is just for player who re really poor ;D and lost a fight or smthing...
-The should be bars which shows you how good your army is in: Tactics, Mood, Condition
-You should be able to talk your companions at the camp and train them. (they get xp in a fast way) they also win mood and xp on tactics...
-You can kill the lords BUT the kings recruit new ones, which takes a week or longer.
-If you have ur own kingdom you can induce another kingdom to attack the enemy... or bandits to attack them (however: With money, with goods......)
-
-

Sry ive to go eat hehe... more suggestions to come...

PS: i know some? (MOST!) of them suck... anyway im trying to give my best here, cause i like this mod really much... just waiiiiiiitiiin :wink: ...kkk im patient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom