SP Fantasy Second Age

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Northcott said:
It's more than just re-skinning native. While other people may have written or created the extra elements being used -- morale, formations, ballista/catapults, sea-going warfare, etc -- they've been combined into a cohesive whole.  That counts for a great deal. Sometimes people throw ideas out there without a clue as to what they're doing, without any solid guiding theme or concept beyond a momentary flash of inspiration.  I like seeing mods that take an idea and do something solid with it. This one has potential to be nice and meaty, from what I can see.

*cough cough Native Expansion cough cough*

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Northcott said:
It's more than just re-skinning native. While other people may have written or created the extra elements being used -- morale, formations, ballista/catapults, sea-going warfare, etc -- they've been combined into a cohesive whole.  That counts for a great deal. Sometimes people throw ideas out there without a clue as to what they're doing, without any solid guiding theme or concept beyond a momentary flash of inspiration.  I like seeing mods that take an idea and do something solid with it. This one has potential to be nice and meaty, from what I can see.

DAMNIT, i was going to say that. Man, your reading my mind aren't you?

Sushiman said:
1866 for a start. TPW as well. All Xendor has basically done is re-skin native, and add some new stuff in. It's been done before, it'll be done again. The only thing that make this stick out is the quality of the content.

TPW might be a little better, but I wouldn't say that 1866 beats this mod.

Not trying to start anythign with that last post but i play native expansion and it has its good and bad points like everything will i do like it never played tpw and if i wanted to play something like 1866 i might as well go play call of duty i dont need just another shooter XD all the bits and pieces from other mods that hes bringing together is what i want to see the overhall in the texturing is a bonus to me tho i will be trying out other mods in the mean time as i hear or see them this is still the one i look forward to the most that and if they ever make a co-op system for this game that would be great!

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:

I'm not knocking another mod, or downplaying the diversity out there. I'm just saying that this one is more than just a re-skinning of native. It's got far more to it than just pretty new pictures.

VainApocalypse said:
Sushiman said:
1866 for a start. TPW as well. All Xendor has basically done is re-skin native, and add some new stuff in. It's been done before, it'll be done again. The only thing that make this stick out is the quality of the content.

Really? 1866 is one one of the best mods in my opinion.

Sushiman said:

How is that any different to those mods?
Are you saying that those mods are not re-skined/moddeled versions of Mount&Blade, with some other stuff added in? :wink:

Personally, I am waiting to play this mod before judging and comparing it to other, completely different (I may add) mods. I would consider it an insult if people were posting in my thread, about my mod not being much more than a glorified native (which this mod is not!), and how it is inferior to other mods.

Every mod brings out and is based on something unique. Mods which portray completely different time periods, as well as completely different themes (amongst other things) should not be compared.

That's the way I feel in response to what I have read. :wink:

Just-ME said:
Sushiman said:

How is that any different to those mods?
Are you saying that those mods are not re-skined/moddeled versions of Mount&Blade, with some other stuff added in? :wink:

Personally, I am waiting to play this mod before judging and comparing it to other, completely different (I may add) mods. I would consider it an insult if people were posting in my thread, about my mod not being much more than a glorified native (which this mod is not!), and how it is inferior to other mods.

Every mod brings out and is based on something unique. Mods which portray completely different time periods, as well as completely different themes (amongst other things) should not be compared.

That's the way I feel in response to what I have read. :wink:

Yeah, I agree all that talk was kinda insulting, feel bad i had to contribute ever so slightly, but damnit Jim i'm not gonna sit around and let people over hype themselves, its not good for them.

Xoatl_169 said:
Yeah, I agree all that talk was kinda insulting, feel bad i had to contribute ever so slightly, but damnit Jim i'm not gonna sit around and let people over hype themselves, its not good for them.

Nobody was over-hyping themselves. It was just a handful of people being rude.

I never said that this is inferior at all. I think this will be the best native re-skin out there by far. Even the banners, which Xendor made, himself, say "native expansion".

VainApocalypse said:
Sushiman said:

I didn't say it did, I said it was a mod of comparable size and quality.

Sushiman said:
I never said that this is inferior at all. I think this will be the best native re-skin out there by far. Even the banners, which Xendor made, himself, say "native expansion".

VainApocalypse said:
Sushiman said:

I didn't say it did, I said it was a mod of comparable size and quality.

Sorry, I can see why you think all of my post refers to what you wrote.
I didn't want to collect all the relevant (I'm lazy :razz:) quotes. I was refering to the part of your quote: "All Xendor has basically done is re-skin native, and add some new stuff in. It's been done before, it'll be done again", this (in my opinion) is a deffinition of any mod, and let's hope they never stop. "All Xandor did" sounds a little...unappreciative. :wink:
"Native expansion" and "glorified native" are two different things. I realise that I introduced those words, but that's the impression I got from reading: "All Xendor has basically done is re-skin native, and add some new stuff in". Also: "The only thing....(insert rest of quote :razz:)" doesn't exactly mean the same as: "I said it was a mod....(same here)", does it? :wink:

As for the rest of what I posted, it relates to various other postes. Once again I am not going to waist time looking for all the relevant quotes.
Even though no one mentioned 'inferior', just by saying that another mod is 'better', implys that this mod is infact not as good or...

I didn't mean to single you out or pick on you in any way, it's just that your post was the first one I 'grabbed' a hold of (once again, I was lazy). :lol:

PS. Other mods should not be disscused in another mod's thread/forum, unless it somehow relates to the mod in question. None of this does, therefore, not only are most of these posts (mine included) spam, but also bad manners. Once again, this is all just my opinion. :wink: 

Northcott said:
Xoatl_169 said:

Nobody was over-hyping themselves. It was just a handful of people being rude.

Actually, I was referring to you. Funny how you were the one to quote what i said.

Xoatl_169 said:
Actually, I was referring to you. Funny how you were the one to quote what i said.

I haven't talked about myself in this thread, and I'm not involved in this module other than as a player interested in its release.  Whomever you thought you were referring to, it wasn't me. Now that you've been both a rude prat and presumptuously wrong-headed, perhaps you'll let this thread get back on topic.

Whoa, ease it up folks, take it easy, we are all M&B fans here.

Now, on topic: whats the hold-up with this promising mod?
hope that you didnt look up to zaro and his lack of determination to finish what he starts? man he is talented but, lacks determination... well, heˇll be back in a while again, rejuvenated and full of enthusiasm...

Yea, I was definetly on topic, great...

Jhnking said:
Its never going to go out again you know... the developers have stopped all progress you know.... now please reboot youre brains by inhaling acid...
Holy crap, this is the wrong board! I clicked reply to some necro here! sorry, Ill delete that post now!

Northcott said:
Xoatl_169 said:

I haven't talked about myself in this thread, and I'm not involved in this module other than as a player interested in its release.  Whomever you thought you were referring to, it wasn't me. Now that you've been both a rude prat and presumptuously wrong-headed, perhaps you'll let this thread get back on topic.

woah there you clearly have multiple personality disorder or something similar or you didn't even understand what I said. Either way you have shown yourself to be a condescending douche and I don't want any further conversation.

But back on topic, how did xendor make the hanging knight the detail is amazing, I wasn't aware m&b can have those kind of static objects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom