SP Native Sea Raider Mod (0.704)

Users who are viewing this thread

Culka

Recruit
Hello, everyone. I have been playing around with the mod tools a few hours today, and this is what I have created. Sea raiders are now a joinable faction, and have a camp next to the sea which has a new npc who lets you recruit them. Without further ado, here is the link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/6981832/SeaRaider.zip.html
or even better yet:
http://www.fenrisoft.com/mb_repository/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=41

Unpack to mount&blade\modules, and then select SeaRaider from the menu at the top when launching Mount & Blade.

This all was done in only a few hours, without knowing python or having previous Mount & Blade modding experience, so I might only imagine what can someone who knows what he is doing make. :grin:

In-depth information:
Code:
v1.0 -
 * Joinable sea raiders, with a base next to the sea.
 * All peasants, refugees, farmers and manhunters are attackable.
 * Sea Raiders are now more aggressive, attacking caravans and sometimes even other bandits. (not dark knights though)
 * Normal innkeeper style recruitment, with daily (or is it weekly?) replacements.
 * Unit description:
   Sea Raider Recruit - quite weak, but has (maybe) nordic sword and javelins, upgrades into veteran
   Sea Raider Veteran - better overall than recruit, and can have short bow with him. Upgrades into normal sea raiders and berserkers.
   Sea Raider - The usual, upgrades into marksman and ravager.
   Sea Raider Berserker - Naked except leather boots, has either a 2 handed sword or an axe. Upgrades into a berserker lord.
   Sea Raider Marksman - Has bodkin arrows and a war bow, weaker armament otherwise, but armor is par with normal sea raider. Overpowered?
   Sea Raider Ravager - Again, an even better sea raider.
   Sea Raider Berserker Lord - Armed with a sword of war, a double axe or a great axe. Has nordic helm and leather boots. Also a corny name.

It should also be noted that none of the units ride.

Interesting points from modding point of view, I think:

- The sea raider camp is actually sea raider spawn point #1, which has been assigned a town model, a menu reference and a scene. Scene and menu were copied from the salt mines, and a entry point added to the scene in the edit mode. I believe adding a new town wouldnt be difficult, but I wanted the camp to be in the right spot.
 - Other point of interest that I noticed is that variables do not need to be defined anywhere, and new ones can be used anywhere.

edit: more information - new download

Nice! I haven't checked it out yet, but sounds interesting.

Now for the shameless plug for my website. I hate rapidshare myself (and it just now denied me the download because I'd downloaded something else earlier from them), which is one reason I started working on my Mount&Blade Unofficial File Repository site. Check my sig below. You can host your file there, update it, track how many downloads it gets, recieve votes and comments on it and so forth. I'd be glad to give you upload access. [end shameless plug]

Looking forward to checking out your mod. :smile:

sorry for going OT but : Janus i sent an thingy for membership for your website hours ago and i never got a confermation email :sad: how long does it take?

Jörn said:
sorry for going OT but : Janus i sent an thingy for membership for your website hours ago and i never got a confermation email :sad: how long does it take?
Was that you? I got a mail error from the site when it tried to send your activation e-mail earlier. I tried resending to the e-mail address you provided manually then, but it errored out again.
Just now I resent it manually again and it seems to have finally gone through this time. Your mail server isn't very reliable. :wink:
Any more problems, PM me so we don't hijack his thread here.

EDIT: Well, actually I just got back another failure notice sending the e-mail. Just took longer this time. Your e-mail server is giving this error back: "Remote host said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable"
If you want to use a different e-mail address, just PM me with it and I'll switch your for you and resend the activation e-mail to it.

I am probably being silly and don't know what is going on or how to do much of anything, but I put the folder in my Modules and when I try to make a new character my game crashes. I added some files from Native and tried it again, and it still crashed when trying to create a character. Again, I am likely too blind or dumb to solve this on my own or actually take a look into it.

Damori Aldulfr,

Well, the only reason for this that I can think of is that you are using an older version of Mount&Blade. And you shouldn't need to add any files from native, since the zip already has everything it (only a few files remained unchanged).

enjoyed being a bad guy. kinda cool.

just wondering if i'm missing something.... my fun devolved into everyone hating me and constant bloodbath.

1. could quests be scripted from out of the camp? like kidnap a merchant's daughter or intercept a caravan/caravans or bring back 20 bows (or weapons or armor needed by the sea raiders) or rescue a chieftain being moved from one city to another. maybe even 'gossip' provided advising when a rich caravan is leaving from a particular city, or when a weapons/armor/horse caravan is going from one city to another. most should already be formatted through existing scripts - i just don't know how difficult it'd be...

2. could a slaver be added to the camp? another place to dump bodies.

3. could a reward/title system be added, after you complete a missions you rise up among the sea raiders. rewards could be valuable weapons and armor, horses, or high level troops.

4. most importantly, can you even better yourself by adding Dark Knight and Khergit Raider camps/recruitment/faction HQ?

good mod. maw

quixotecoyote said:
- Other point of interest that I noticed is that variables do not need to be defined anywhere, and new ones can be used anywhere

Meaning its compatable with other mods?

Argh, I shouldnt write while half asleep. (like now) I meant that a new variable can be introduced in any point of any script. Something that I was quite surprised to find out.

maw:

1. This is on the works currently, but my work has slowed down now that WoW stopped being unplayable due to lag. :smile:

2. Good idea, implemented.

3 This is tied to the point 1. If you have any ideas of rewards, please do tell me. Somehow I don't think a salary would be the right thing for a bandit.

4. I have already added Dark Knight and Black Khergit factions like the Sea Raiders currently are, they just need a locations and a recruiter and then they are good to go. Or should they all be recruitable from the same general bandit place? Maybe a minium level requirement to join the Dark Knights and a fight like the training ones to prove your worth.

Culka said:
Argh, I shouldnt write while half asleep. (like now) I meant that a new variable can be introduced in any point of any script. Something that I was quite surprised to find out.
Yeah. If you add a new variable into your script, when you build the scripts it compiles a list of variables itself. So they're added in the output files by the compile process. Nice addition on Armagan's part to make things easier, eh? :smile:

This sounds fun! Downloading M&B right now so I can try it out. Will definitely edit this post to add comments when I've had my fill of the carnage >:]...

Tried it. It's pretty fun. The frequency of fighting axes among the sea raider ravagers and marksmen is a bit high though. It seems like almost everyone has a fighting axe and a shield.

A few nice things to add would be sea raider quests and faction ratings, unique equipment (eg, special one and two handed axes and swords), a sea raider NPC, etc. :]

weeeelll....

my opinion on the Khergit and Dark Knights....

1. Khergits probably have an open camp way over beyond Tulga, at the foot of the moutains, out of the way. Economic demands would probably be wine and export Steppe Horse and UNDAMAGED khergit bows cheaper than anywhere else. furs might be a little less than Tulga. Joining them, as you raise in rank, you get no cash, but better horses, better bows, better arrows, higher level Khergits as 'Personal Bodyguards' or retinue that you would otherwise have to train at a much highre level, quality scimitars. An female NPC could be given as a 'healer/archer +++' to join your group - maybe a Khergit youngest daughter of a chieftain. Recruitment would have you raiding caravans and vag's. special recuitment of Kherg mounted bowmen.

2. Dark Knights are dispossessed Knights - or maybe a cult like the Templars. They may have been powerful once, but got kicked back by the Swabs and Vags, and are trying to make a comeback. They might have a trashed castle or border tower somewhere off in another corner of the map - not so much a HQ, but a 'gathering place' for dispossed knights. to join, beat three of their toughest badasses. economy of cheap armor and weapons, mostly trashed - they keep the best for themselves. maybe a 'training arena' with exceptionally tough challengers, for big money - not the piddly amount at zendar - to the tune of $1000 - $3000 'double your money if you win' - and also if you win, an opportunity to hire a Dark whatever.... NPC's offered might be some kind of Warrior Cleric or Fanatic Drill Instructor.

3. Bandit Rewards - BODIES! as a bandit gets more of a reputation of success, they get more and more like minded miscreants wanting to tag along - maybe a couple of mean and tough NPC's show up after a tough mission or when you hit a certain level. Maybe offer best deals on high priced luxury goods, pay the least for foodstuffs (except beer and wine). gossip tips should provide caravan date and times of random cities at the local bar.

more fun ideas.... dunno if they are a moddable thing or no....

a.) add a gambling den, shooting dice and playing a M&B version of 5 card stud and 21 - but make it tough, so players don't break the bank. maybe another faction could be created, a kind of M&B mob that is in all the civilized cities, willing to take goods stolen from caravans, providing gossip and tips on prisioner transfers and caravan time and dates.

b.) if you raid a caravan, that faction hates you - but you can still get missions from them. how about blocking missions from that caravan faction until you compensate them according to their relations? i got into a boring habit of hitting caravans as they left a city, but still got missions from the merchant. it would seem to me if you were beating on amans livelyhood, he'd yell for the guard or hire some wicked blades to come after you - and i would make you killable.

c.) if you piss off a caravan faction or bandits by whacking too many, they hire some high-speed bounty hunters/man hunters to come looking for YOU. imagine having to run away from guys who are being paid to kill you... and at this point i would edit the player to be killable.... none of that 'you hide among the bodies and play dead' stuff.... i think that should be an option that keeps people from overreaching themselves.

d.) if you tick off the the Vags or Swabs, you get blocked from entering their town without a fight against a dozen well armed and armored guardsmen. or maybe you could try to 'sneak' in with some kind of random variable for success and you only fight when you fail. if it was dark, it would increase your success.

e.) edit some of the missions for swabs or vags to reflect an undercurrent of betrayal... a Count asks you to deliver a message, but you are intercepted by another Count's specially picked armed men who demand the message.... if you resist, a fight; if you don't, they let you skate but the Count who gave you the job forever more trys to screw you over with crapy missions that would get you killed.

f.) maybe a cult starts up, and starts coverting Peasants to be bad ass fanatics - basically look the same but very fast, accurate, and doing much more damage. as a 'priest' meets them on a map, they are 'converted'. one of your jobs would be to hunt down the 5 separate priests as they pop up randomly every 45 days or so. one or two of the priests might be a general level and start gathering an army. the others would travle with a few acolytes, but would be able to change a peasant faction, and maybe a manhunter factions, allegience. they'd just run around the map generally wreaking havoc.

anyhoo.... ima just bublin' with ideas.... whatever you want to use..... an my overactive imaginations got a thousand more. i am really hoping you can add some recruitable NPCs, either for cash, a 'rescue' from a prisoner transfer, or as a kind of a Borcha deal from some count. i really enjoyed Mag7, but the modder seems to be more into LOTR.... maw

Hallo Culka,
first: I like your mod sooooooooooooooooooo much, I love to play as a Viking (äh I mean Sea Raider :lol: )...
... thank you for the GREAT WORK!

But I have a problem, a BIG ONE, in the moment many great mods are available but we, I, can "only" play ONE a time...
... would it be possible to release the source of your Sea Raider mod, so someone can combine your mod with other great mods....
.... create a "new HUGE MOD" like Sea Raider + Arena Expansion + Mag 7 , as example.

Back
Top Bottom