Scarring and Face Painting System

Users who are viewing this thread

The sad part of starting at age 20 is you cannot start with a beard and facial features. You can gain a beard as you age but there is no way to gain scars and painting. A thing you could add is a chance to gain a scar when you are wounded in battle or hit in the face with a devastating cut weapon. It would max out with one eye scar for each eye and other scars wouldn't be limited. To make your character not insanely scarred by the end of the game, you could enable a scar limit in the menu to 3 or 2 only. A helmet could lessen the chance of gaining a scar based on its armor value.

To gain face paint you could go to places where said face paint would be found, the woodland face paint found in Battania and the eye shadows in Sturgia. They could be bought by a similar NPC to the barber.

Last edited:
I'd hate for there to be a random chance of scarring. Permitting this and the other thing in character creation seems reasonable but I'd hate to be forced with scarring unless I play perfectly or save-scum.

I'm just glad none of my randomly generated kids between playthroughs have been hit with the facepainting stick, to be frank. I vaguely know it's possible from one NPC I saw having it and it'd suck to have that on top of other unchangeable (unless playing as them) things as well.

I'd hate for there to be a random chance of scarring. Permitting this and the other thing in character creation seems reasonable but I'd hate to be forced with scarring unless I play perfectly or save-scum.

I'm just glad none of my randomly generated kids between playthroughs have been hit with the facepainting stick, to be frank. I vaguely know it's possible from one NPC I saw having it and it'd suck to have that on top of other unchangeable (unless playing as them) things as well.
As I said, you could disable scars itself from being gained randomly. Or if you prefer a clean singular scar you could lower the scar limit to 1.

As I said, you could disable scars itself from being gained randomly. Or if you prefer a clean singular scar you could lower the scar limit to 1.
You didn't suggest it being an optional system. Perhaps your phrasing meant to imply that it was intended to be an optional feature, but I read it as a change to how the game plays by default/overall like how the fog of war system was implemented. Since that is the case, it's fine since it doesn't affect me.

You didn't suggest it being an optional system. Perhaps your phrasing meant to imply that it was intended to be an optional feature, but I read it as a change to how the game plays by default/overall like how the fog of war system was implemented. Since that is the case, it's fine since it doesn't affect me.
Yes it’s optional, similar to choosing clan member death chance in the menu.

Back
Top Bottom