Say cheese: reenactment style

Users who are viewing this thread

Me on left
wargardk1.jpg

Yes its full contact
PA070040.jpg

And this is what it looks like with 1200 people (I'm dead center fighting the Romans)
IMG_4533.jpg

And taking castle sucks just as much here as in M&B
IMG_3073.jpg

Yes I know this is a shameless plug, but everyone has a hobbie. In case any of you are interested or just want to see the sort of gear, clothing, or hearldry that people use visit:
dagorhir.com

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=hospitaller+kit  a new kit i've been working on. based on the 1206 statute for the hospitallers.

http://loadup.ru/video/view/?id=v303741cf14

You people are useless. Couyple of people got carted off in an ambulance. Not me there (I'm in england :angry:smile:, but some people from the Russian forum.

Why haven't these reenactors incorparated paintballs to simulate ranged weaponry? I have this totally wild blueprint of a recurve bow that shoots paintballs in my head. Too bad that I dont have access to a workshop :sad:
You could do so many cool bow battles with those.

[Edit] Did google just and apparently there are paintball bows available. And I thought that I had an original idea  :oops: Well my idea was much simpler than these, rather than convert the energy from the string into air pressure and then shoot the paintball I figured it would just use the string to hurl them like bolts.

In the game I play (dagorhir) we do used ranged weapons, just look at the pictures. We use javelins, 'rocks', and arrows. Of course all of these have very strict guidelines on how they are built and how they are checked for safety. The arrows do fly about 100 yards maximum, but at medium range and close range are very effective. In fact, I have woken up in middle of the night because i was ducking and dodging arrows in my sleep.
And as a reenactor, I don't want paint all over my stuff, and if we used paintballs we would all have to wear face protection, and it would be rather difficult to make medieval helmets with proper face protection that look medieval.

OMFG you guys are awesome!

Who cares if you aren't quite accurate overall (you in the y'all sense), you're much better than most people around my parts.

Vilhjalmr said:
Yeah, but they're all pansies. :razz:

Why, because they don't fight full-contact? (Is that true? I seem to remember such...)

If so: Yeah, well you fight with foam, you pansy.

Vilhjalmr said:
They don't really fight at all, I hear. Roleplaying is the order of the day, with the occasional tapping.

No hurling of javelins into faces.

All good, IMO. That's basically what I do, minus, of course, the actual doing it. :sad:

Shut up, focker.

And yes, so 'twas.

Fixed now.

Speaking of which, that website to which I'm linking with that graphic is chock full 'o pics of my projects.

i always love a good reenacting thread, mostly cause i'm obsessed wit this stupid hobby and i'm a vain bastard. so, Here are some pics of mine doing different timeperiods except for the norman bits, these are all from "real steel reenactments. not airsoft:

Sillywar:
n724527386402918348ay7.jpg

world war 1 french:
n724527386892617398og4.jpg

11oq5.jpg

n724527386891817201sm3.jpg

this next one isnt me, its our CO, but he's in our sexy pillbox filling out paerwork.
n724527386891703754vk6.jpg

world war 2 canadian:
n724527386797173822dm2.jpg

vietnam:
n724527386769187628mp2.jpg

1st crusade norman kit...i made the coif, ventail and helmet but completely burnt out half-way through the hauberk. It wasn't for a real reenactment though, just a renfaire costume, so no big loss...
helmsidebn1iu4.jpg

helmfrontrn3rc6.jpg

James said:
OMFG you guys are awesome!

Who cares if you aren't quite accurate overall (you in the y'all sense), you're much better than most people around my parts.
That's also a rather lax mode I'm in, I usually have period shoes and no glove, along with a cloak :smile: It was cold as hell though, and wet.

Vilhjalmr said:
They don't really fight at all, I hear. Roleplaying is the order of the day, with the occasional tapping.

No hurling of javelins into faces.
Bull****. The entire day ended up being an ingame early joust type game, where the players were divided up and did things like staged sieges and capture the flag-type games = lots of fighting.

Tankai said:
Seff said:
As promised, cheesy wagon for LARP:

*pics*

Just couldn't keep my eyes away from the maille.

Thanks, that's my 4 mm inner diameter butted mail, it's one of the densest I've seen tbh.

Vilhjalmr said:
Hey seff, the edging on your mail is kickass.

Yeah, well, I figured a guy that could afford a maille of that diameter would have the funds to bling it out a little, so I snatched me some copper wire and wound away :razz:

@GeraldDuval: I'll post my US GI WWII when I receive my last bits :smile:

MidnightWolf said:
oh and since I'm vain: here's some of my helmet collection. theres prob 5 helmets not pictured. hehehe someone can smack me now.

It's all planned. I'm gonna be exactly like MidnightWolf when I hit my middle age crisis.

Back
Top Bottom