Say cheese: reenactment style

James

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
The title should make it clear what this topic is about. In a recent thread, people were mentioning how they have armour, but my pleas for pics were fraught with failure. So, I wish you to post pictures of your stuff, be it armour, weapons, costumes, or any other reenactment piece. However, there is a twist: the pictures don't have to be only of you, and actually, I encourage you to post pics of stuff as well. Also, the pictures should be of stuff you made, unless it is you in your kit showing it off. I don't want pictures of stuff you bought, unless it's a picture showing off you in your persona.

Anyway, to start it off, here are some of my pictures. Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of me in my costumes, but I do have pictures of stuff:

My Viking Helm

My Coat of Plates

I made the dagger sheath, and embellished the sword sheath.

And more pics can be found here: http://picasaweb.google.com/scholarmage/Portfolio

So, show us your stuff.

Aqtai

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Best answers
James said:
The title should make it clear what this topic is about. In a recent thread, people were mentioning how they have armour, but my pleas for pics were fraught with failure. So, I wish you to post pictures of your stuff, be it armour, weapons, costumes, or any other reenactment piece. However, there is a twist: the pictures don't have to be only of you, and actually, I encourage you to post pics of stuff as well. Also, the pictures should be of stuff you made, unless it is you in your kit showing it off. I don't want pictures of stuff you bought, unless it's a picture showing off you in your persona.

Anyway, to start it off, here are some of my pictures. Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of me in my costumes, but I do have pictures of stuff:

My Viking Helm

My Coat of Plates

I made the dagger sheath, and embellished the sword sheath.

And more pics can be found here: http://picasaweb.google.com/scholarmage/Portfolio

So, show us your stuff.
Nice stuff you've got there. :thumbsup:

Do you have a bascinet to wear with the coat of plates?

gyppomc1

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
I like the thread topic, and some nice stuff you have made there.

One thing I'd like to see is a blog of sorts on the creation process, next time you plan on doing a little work start a thread and tell us all what you are doing. I for one would be interested in reading:smile:

Swordmaster

Count
WB
Best answers
Not very historical to show but, I have a bokken and a spear like stick with an aikido suit. I'll post them tomorrow.

Seff

Duke
M&BWB
Best answers
I'm in the process of making another Gambeson for LARP, but it would hardly be historically correct.

James

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Sir. Velmu said:
Spoon with me, eh?
Not only that, but it's horny!

Gyppomc1: Not a bad idea. However, which one should I blog? The biggest problem, IMO, is that I can't easily chronicle it with pictures, but at least I can write it up, and maybe try to borrow a camera.

At the moment I am in the process of making a houppelande and a doublet, and am soon going to make a pair of hosen, braies, a shirt, a cloak, a hat, etc.

I just finished making a suspension belt for my rapier, as well.

Anyway, I shall try.

Aqtai: no, I do not yet own a bascinet, but I plan to get/make one or a chapel de fer.

Llew2

Cheap ass bum
Count
M&BWB
Best answers
Nice idea here, James! I posted this in another thread, but I'll repost here for kicks.

Shield I made:

It's 22 inches across, weights 7 1/2 lbs, and can take a real beating.

It's made out of plywood as you can see, but the whole thing is covered with sheet metal and the boss is 16 gauge steel.

I know it's kinda heavy, but it feels good and I can wave it around easy enough.

Post pics latter of my two longbows and quiver and sword, and maybe some of the plate armor I'm making.

Gregor Eisenhorn

Wouldn't that be a little painful to use? Why have a metal grip? :shock:

Llew2

Cheap ass bum
Count
M&BWB
Best answers
James said:
Just to be an ass, you did see mine, right?
Bah! You haxer you!  :razz:

Did you make it yourself?

(You will start drooling when you see my bow, though)

Gregor Eisenhorn said:
Wouldn't that be a little painful to use? Why have a metal grip? :shock:
Not really. Granted it doesn't look very aesthetic, but it gets to job done.

Voutare said:
Wrap that grip in leather. Please.
I will if I ever get around to seriously using it. Also going to add a carrying strap.

gyppomc1

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
James said:
Sir. Velmu said:
Spoon with me, eh?
Not only that, but it's horny!

Gyppomc1: Not a bad idea. However, which one should I blog? The biggest problem, IMO, is that I can't easily chronicle it with pictures, but at least I can write it up, and maybe try to borrow a camera.

At the moment I am in the process of making a houppelande and a doublet, and am soon going to make a pair of hosen, braies, a shirt, a cloak, a hat, etc.

I just finished making a suspension belt for my rapier, as well.

Anyway, I shall try.

Aqtai: no, I do not yet own a bascinet, but I plan to get/make one or a chapel de fer.
Heh, whatever you have the time to do!

James

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Llew: Of course I made it. From scratch. Even the boss.

Did you make your bow, or buy it? And I will only drool if it is a longbow. I disapprove of recurves. (Mongolian bows are okay.)

Llew2

Cheap ass bum
Count
M&BWB
Best answers
James said:
Llew: Of course I made it. From scratch. Even the boss.
Very cool.

Did you make your bow, or buy it? And I will only drool if it is a longbow. I disapprove of recurves. (Mongolian bows are okay.)
Of course it's a longbow. And yes, I did buy it.

Gregor Eisenhorn

Llew: I was basically saying what Voutare said. It seems like wrapping it in leather/attaching leather straps would function better. It doesn't matter if you are never going to use it, of course.

Edit: Sorry, I was typing fast and my spacebar is bad.

Llew2

Cheap ass bum
Count
M&BWB
Best answers
Gregor Eisenhorn said:
Llew: I was basically saying what Voutare said. It seemslike wrapping it in leather/attaching leather straps would functino better. It doens't matter if you are never going to use it, of course.
I know, but I'm lazy.  :razz:

James

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Bump!

And also, I plan next to make a segmented four-piece Norman helm, and think I will chronicle it with pictures. Just so you know. It won't be polished, but I think it'll be sweet.