Say cheese: reenactment style

Users who are viewing this thread

MidnightWolf said:
new guy here. Necrobones did it, he made me join.

heres a few of my 15 open ended kits. most of which aren't finished or havent gotten pictures of due to no events.

2197494246_f33db70cb7_o.jpg

James/Vilhjalmr: what faire do you guys goto?

Nice stuff, it looks like you are a dedicated reenactor. I think to complete all those kits might get pretty expensive though. :wink:

Happens all the time when I go to old threads, that all of the imageshack pics are showing, while 1/3 of the photobucket pics are showing - maybe it's the uploaders that delete them? I dunno.

I'll rehost at imageshack, rotten service or not.
migviking1kq1.png

migviking2sm2.png

migviking3ty1.png

Vilhjalmr said:
Nice, Seff. :smile: I have to ask, though, where is your waist?

Seff said:
Thank you. Waiting for the proper age to get a sword :???:

? You have to be a certain age? Where do you live? Denmark?

Yes, to own a bladed weapon you need a permit, and permits are only issued to people above 18.

My waist? Or my hips?

Hmm, look at the third pic - that is my waist. My belt crawls upwards, it is normally at hip level. Pictures without heads give a screwed sense of proportion. Hold on a minute... there:

Seff said:
Me standing with the M14
normal_P1030970.JPG

Posing in gear.

It's the first WWII airsoft in Denmark, so please refrain from commenting upon the anachronistic weaponry and field gear.

That's my waist, where the combat belt is.

No. The pants and underkjortel are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linum . The overkjortel/tunic is linen (for lack of wool, linen was not the original plan) and the cloak is so-called cooked wool.

A looser belt would mean that I can't use it to support my mail - although that isn't much of a problem any more... I'll look into it.

Next on the list is a helmet and leg-wraps.

EDIT:
Merlkir said:
Vilhjalmr said:
All of it's wool, right?

the cloak sure is. The purple tunic might be. The rest is linen.

Purple? You mean brown, right? :lol:

Did you hand or machine sew everything?

Also, what do you use the outfit for? Reenactment? Parties? Hardly anything but a ren faire once a year (like me)?

James said:
Did you hand or machine sew everything?

Also, what do you use the outfit for? Reenactment? Parties? Hardly anything but a ren faire once a year (like me)?

Machine sewn, I'm not THAT much of a fanatic (though I always repair by hand, and at least on the pants there are more repairs than original seams left.).

I use it for LARP. It's not high fantasy, and we have a periodic scope of 800-1000. But I am arguably the guy with the best outfit.

Vilhjalmr said:
Seff said:
I use it for LARP. It's not high fantasy, and we have a periodic scope of 800-1000. But I am arguably the guy with the best outfit.

You fight at all? Full contact?

Full contact, short of crotch-hits or actually throwing your enemy around.

EDIT: It is only places like USA where you have ***** rules like no contact or rolling dice or some ****.

Vilhjalmr said:
No crotch hits? No grappling? :lol: What about head shots?

In my larping thing (not really larp, but whatever) we only have two rules: No head-shots (except with **** like javelins and arrows) and no nerve holds or nasty stuff like that.

At my last battle I got shield bashed so hard into the ground I had whiplash for a week afterwards. :razz:

Headshots happen, you're not allowed to go directly at the head though.

Part of the problem is that so far, we have had kids as far down as 10 years playing along - and it doesn't take much of a grappling move or head shot to break a tooth or bone on one of those, or at lest make them cry. We just set the age up to 15, so I expect a little more lenience in the rules now.

James: Foam. We have unarmored kids.

Pansies. :razz:

No, I commend you. Whether or not you fight with metal, if you have metal armour, you're ten+ times better than almost everyone in this country, even in the SCA.

James said:
Pansies. :razz:

No, I commend you. Whether or not you fight with metal, if you have metal armour, you're ten+ times better than almost everyone in this country, even in the SCA.

Yeah, that's what I figured too. It is not like fighting with metal, since you have to have a Hp system, and the weapons aren't weighted correctly, but it still gets the adrenalin going, and that's the main deal.

Another side of it is of course the roleplaying, but that is just improvised acting. It makes the game more fun.

Back
Top Bottom