Save Game Editor / Convertor

Users who are viewing this thread

can you use this to change the player faction culture?

Not sure i understand correctly.
Changing all these values below, to the ID of the wanted faction would change the faction of the player.
- troops/#0(trp_Player)/faction_id
- party_records/#0PlayerName/party/faction_id

With a little search of "culture" in the "SlotsName.cfg, i found "slot_faction_culture". This might be the one you are looking for.
- factions/#13(fac_player_faction)/#slots/slot_faction_culture (10)

To know the ID of the faction you want, search faction in "factions". If the name of the faction is the one you want, then the ID is the number before the "fac_culture_x".

e.g.
factions/#17(fac_kingdom_3)/name = Khergit Khanate
Khergit Khanate's ID is : 17

Hope it helps.
Kush.

Can I use this editor to make the items in my inventory "Masterwork" or "Lordly"? It takes forever to farm up the Black Khergit Horseman plate armor with any of the positive attributes. I want a full set of "Lordly" armor of that type.

So far I've loaded my Floris save file and I am in "troops > equipped_items > #0 > item_kind_id"
303ctc0.png

Where do I go from here?

Guadelupe said:
Can I use this editor to make the items in my inventory "Masterwork" or "Lordly"? It takes forever to farm up the Black Khergit Horseman plate armor with any of the positive attributes. I want a full set of "Lordly" armor of that type.

So far I've loaded my Floris save file and I am in "troops > equipped_items > #0 > item_kind_id"
303ctc0.png

Where do I go from here?

Well, I can help you a little, but i don't know much about it.

#0 : hand item 1
#1 : hand item 2
#2 : hand item 3
#3 : hand item 4
#4 : helmet
#5 : armour
#6 : greaves/boots
#7 : gloves
#8 : horse
#9 : unkown

You can also search in the item_kind section of the game save, to find item name from the id number (item_kind_id).

About applying a modifier to a weapon or a piece of armour, your need to change the flag.

--Armour :
lordly : 486539264
Thick : 419430400

--Weapons :
MasterWork ??
tempered : 234881024
balanced : 226492416

I searched for some time, but i couldn't figure out masterwork, or any shield flag. It seems to be a mask of bits (flag), but I really couldn't get the logic behind that.
If you find a masterwork weapon or a reinforced shield, you are welcome to share the flag !

kushulain said:
Guadelupe said:

303ctc0.png

Where do I go from here?

Well, I can help you a little, but i don't know much about it.

#0 : hand item 1
#1 : hand item 2
#2 : hand item 3
#3 : hand item 4
#4 : helmet
#5 : armour
#6 : greaves/boots
#7 : gloves
#8 : horse
#9 : unkown

You can also search in the item_kind section of the game save, to find item name from the id number (item_kind_id).

About applying a modifier to a weapon or a piece of armour, your need to change the flag.

--Armour :
lordly : 486539264
Thick : 419430400

--Weapons :
MasterWork ??
tempered : 234881024
balanced : 226492416

I searched for some time, but i couldn't figure out masterwork, or any shield flag. It seems to be a mask of bits (flag), but I really couldn't get the logic behind that.
If you find a masterwork weapon or a reinforced shield, you are welcome to share the flag !

I think I found the following flag:
--Armour :
reinforced: 452984832

Yorkblack said:
Hi, I don't find how to change the opinion of a town/village about the player, anyone know how to do ?

Hello Yorblack.
This value is located in party_records/#xxCityName/party/#slots/slot_center_player_relation (26)

Guadelupe said:
I think I found the following flag:
--Armour :
reinforced: 452984832

Thanks Guadelupe !

How do you change the opinion of a lord from a given faction, or a vassal of yours?
And how for an npc in your party?

Discordic said:
How do you change the opinion of a lord from a given faction, or a vassal of yours?
And how for an npc in your party?

Hello Discordic.
This values seems to be located here :
troops/#xxxxxxxx/#slots/slot_troop_player_relation (22)/

The difficult part would to get the ID number of the character your are interested in. You can try looking up yourself. All lords have the suffix "trp_kingdom_xx", xx is the ID of the faction. And companion have "trp_npc" iirc. They are all next to each other in the list.

Or you can also search (ctrl+F) for it in the troops.txt file in the mount and blade directory. Read the line number, and divide it by seven. You should get the ID. (The troops.txt file and the troops section in the game save are in the same order).

Hope it helped.

Thank you for documenting save game structures.

I find save game compatibility one of the more frustrating issues for my almost daily patches for Perisno .7 series and maybe this can help me make a tool
for "migration" in next generation for Perisno (or anything I make in parallel, if I ever have that much time).

It is very much needed for devs.  I'll probably need to study this for some time to make it work well for me but it makes more clear why some save game "breaks" and another does not.

/respect

- GS

gsanders said:
Thank you for documenting save game structures.

I find save game compatibility one of the more frustrating issues for my almost daily patches for Perisno .7 series and maybe this can help me make a tool
for "migration" in next generation for Perisno (or anything I make in parallel, if I ever have that much time).

It is very much needed for devs.  I'll probably need to study this for some time to make it work well for me but it makes more clear why some save game "breaks" and another does not.

/respect

- GS

Hi gsanders !

I haven't figured out the save game structure myself, i only made the tool. But thank you for the encouraging words. :smile:

I made this tool mostly to be able to go on playing our favorite mod while new patches came out.

Feel free to edit the .cfg files, to indicate the program a custom behaviour of how the value should be replaced, in order to match your updates. As the files are now, it transfers data in a very generic way. It should work for most of your updates (it's possible that some data are still not transfered correctly). Values are replaced in a "smart" way, by comparing troops/parties's name, and if not found it take the new version values. So game saves survive the patch eventhough module template has changed.

Unfortunately, since i released this program, i'm not playing M&B a lot, and now, I'm just making the minimum of upkeeps for my program to still be compatible with new M&B patches.
So I can't help you much, unless it's just little questions about the program's details or game save.

If you wish your community of players to be able to use my program easily, you should :
- (if it's not the case atm) Name the module directory ("modName+version"), so this way your patches don't override your previous version, and players can easily transfer saves version to version.
- You could try and check yourself that every values of your save are transfer correctly at each patches.
- Greatest thing would be to provide my program at each update, plus one blank save of the new version, and automatically transfer old player's game save. (It would (maybe) require to modify my program, I could send you the last version of the sources, ones git hub are a bit oudated). Or just launch my program at the end of the update process and indicates the player how to do transfer his saves.

Hi,
Can this program be used to make a lord to whom a fief has been granted return to my party? Or equivalently come back to a tavern to wait for me to hire him.
And also can it let me edit other lords stats?
Thanks!
Pierre

I'm working on a project to push several skill caps.
I only see 5 skills for each "troop".
What do they represent?
Is there a way edit specific ones?
Why are the skill levels named with such strange numbers?
Thanks,
GD

gdwitt said:
I'm working on a project to push several skill caps.
I only see 5 skills for each "troop".
What do they represent?
Is there a way edit specific ones?
Why are the skill levels named with such strange numbers?
Thanks,
GD

hope you enjoy maths, and binary...
Otherwise this image should help you to understand :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57159442/photos/MnBSkillsHowTo.JPG

Skills are 4bits value (from 0 to 15) stored through 6 integers.

-First look at the right column what is the number of your skill. (if you are using a mod, then you should see this list in the mod's directory \MountBlade Warband\Modules\ModName\skills.txt)
-Then look at the middle of the image to see where the 4 bits of your skill is located and in which skill variable.
-Open your save game editor, copy and paste the skill value to this website (in "Decimal") :
http://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-decimal-hexadecimal-converter.html
-It will translate to binary, change the 4 bits pack you are interested in. You can get help from my image (the binary list on the right) to easily know what to type in.
-Copy and paste the new website value to the original value in the game save.

Outstanding work Kusha...
I was able to go in and increase a party skill cap above 10 in-game
I'm experimenting with new items that will be used after one declares independence.
I had no technical problems using the latest version of Warband and Viking Conquest.

Really a great tool.

I used it to convert a Periso savegame to the newest version. I tried it with all boxed checked. I could load the savegame properly but one of the few things that didn't work was the conversion of companion vassals.
In the converted save the the companions whom I made vassals were gone. They weren't listed as my vassals anymore and didn't appear in my party but the fiefs I granted them were still owned by the companions and fiefs were still part of my kingdom.
Do you know where to change the savegame to make them my vassals again or any other workaround?

Yakumo said:
Really a great tool.

I used it to convert a Periso savegame to the newest version. I tried it with all boxed checked. I could load the savegame properly but one of the few things that didn't work was the conversion of companion vassals.
In the converted save the the companions whom I made vassals were gone. They weren't listed as my vassals anymore and didn't appear in my party but the fiefs I granted them were still owned by the companions and fiefs were still part of my kingdom.
Do you know where to change the savegame to make them my vassals again or any other workaround?

Hello Yakumo !

Indeed, i think my program doesn't transfer companion's party at all.

Not sure it's necessary, but bou could first get your towns back, by setting the value slot_town_lord(7) to 0.
It must be located here : party_record/cityname/party/slots/

And then get your companions back. I think you can put them all in the same tavern. Unfortunately i'm not at home at the moment, I can't be sure how to do that.
My guess would be this :
troops/slots/slot_troop_cur_center
Where you can put the town ID you wish, (party_record's ID).

Then you should be able to recrute them and assign them their town back.

I hope it helps,
Sorry my program lack this important feature, and you have to do all this.
Have fun !

kushulain said:
Yakumo said:
Really a great tool.

Hello Yakumo !

Not sure it's necessary, but bou could first get your towns back, by setting the value slot_town_lord(7) to 0.

And then get your companions back. I think you can put them all in the same tavern. Unfortunately i'm not at home at the moment, I can't be sure how to do that.
My guess would be this :

I hope it helps,
Have fun !

Thanks for the hint.
I managed to set their location to a tavern and hire them again. By setting slot_troop_occupation of the companion to 2 I also managed to make them my vassal, but didn't have the time to search them on the map to see if it worked properly.
My marshal companion where I can assign the fiefs also vanished, so I will look into that today.

Yakumo said:
kushulain said:
Yakumo said:
Really a great tool.

Hello Yakumo !

My guess would be this :

I hope it helps,
Have fun !

Thanks for the hint.
I managed to set their location to a tavern and hire them again. By setting slot_troop_occupation of the companion to 2 I also managed to make them my vassal, but didn't have the time to search them on the map to see if it worked properly.
My marshal companion where I can assign the fiefs also vanished, so I will look into that today.

Hey, I assume you read my post on this thread http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,295270.msg7418822.html#msg7418822
Completly forgot about this.
You may find useful informations here, as well as in the modules sources. https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download
Many details about troop's slots (module_constants.py) and how they works in the sources (module_scripts), not easy to read though.

While I was busy and travelling some Lord married woman I courted, is there a way to break their relationships using savegame editor?

Maybe it is possible in-game without of use of savegame editor, but I missed it?

I'm playing Viking Conquest.

kushulain said:
Yakumo said:
kushulain said:
Yakumo said:
Really a great tool.

Hello Yakumo !

My guess would be this :

I hope it helps,
Have fun !

Thanks for the hint.

Hey, I assume you read my post on this thread http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,295270.msg7418822.html#msg7418822
Completly forgot about this.
You may find useful informations here, as well as in the modules sources. https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download
Many details about troop's slots (module_constants.py) and how they works in the sources (module_scripts), not easy to read though.

hehe ty. When I began playing with the savegame variables I couldn't stop anymore. Changed domestic policy and so on, to look for best settings. Sadly not every mod offers the python files to look for slot numbers and values to set, but I don't have much time anyway ^^

Saidrex said:
While I was busy and travelling some Lord married woman I courted, is there a way to break their relationships using savegame editor?

Maybe it is possible in-game without of use of savegame editor, but I missed it?

I'm playing Viking Conquest.

Looked around with the cheatmenu enabled but I only see the option "break ties with other suiters" when the lady is unmarried. No such option with married ladies.

In the savegame you could go to your lady and change it like this:
troops->#957(trp_kingdom_6_lady_17 Lady_Safiya)->slots->slot_troop_spouse (30)
and set it to -1. Do the same with her married lord, then they should be unmarried again. The value represents the troop ID. So the value should be the ID of the married lord or -1 for unmarried. You could also set the lady's value to 0 (player ID) and your spouse ID to her troop ID, then you will be married to her.

To try it I married myself to Queen Arlina in Perisno mod, while being at war with her. That's like a dictator version of Mr. and Mrs. Smith^^

Back
Top Bottom