Sandbox mode?

Do you want an additional sandbox mode?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I find it quite annoying, that there is no sandbox mode in Bannerlord. Sure, you could just ignore the main campaign, but you are kind of supposed to do it eventually and you just don't feel free. It allways whirls around in your mind. I don' want to be immediately part of some premade story, which tries to force me on a set path. I want to make up my own story, I want to be able to start the game as a poor nobody, who decides himself when and if he wants to build up a clan and most importantly who makes his own goals.

Can anyone else relate to that and want an additional sandbox mode?

I had like 3 fresh starts in the game so far and the main quest hasn't been much of a hassle since at the start I was wandering around the map anyway and before you know it you've already met 10 nobles and got enough renown to do whatever you want.

Having said that, the whole thing can probably be stripped out with a little bit of modding. It would be nice to start the game with a couple of siblings (that work the same way as spouses do, except they can have their own spouses and their own kids).

Perhaps the way to go about it is to be able to choose your starting point. Younger but with less XP, with or without siblings (which means its own trade-off), even with or without parents, a spouse etc. All of these things seem moddable (that is, there can probably be a mod that allows you to set up a start).

I agree quests should not be forced on you, however the main quest feels like natural progression, I don't have to go out of my way to do it.
I would build up my clan anyway, and eventually talk to those 10 nobles anyway.

I agree quests should not be forced on you, however the main quest feels like natural progression, I don't have to go out of my way to do it.
I would build up my clan anyway, and eventually talk to those 10 nobles anyway.

I didn't mean that its a hassle to do these things for the main quest, I just don't want to do it for a quest, I want to do it for my own reasons. Of course it makes sense to build up a clan for example, but I don't want to be told that I should do it for this and that reason to progress in the quest.

I had like 3 fresh starts in the game so far and the main quest hasn't been much of a hassle since at the start I was wandering around the map anyway and before you know it you've already met 10 nobles and got enough renown to do whatever you want.

Having said that, the whole thing can probably be stripped out with a little bit of modding. It would be nice to start the game with a couple of siblings (that work the same way as spouses do, except they can have their own spouses and their own kids).

Perhaps the way to go about it is to be able to choose your starting point. Younger but with less XP, with or without siblings (which means its own trade-off), even with or without parents, a spouse etc. All of these things seem moddable (that is, there can probably be a mod that allows you to set up a start).

I don't want to be dependent on mods, to have a good game experience.

I didn't mean that its a hassle to do these things for the main quest, I just don't want to do it for a quest, I want to do it for my own reasons. Of course it makes sense to build up a clan for example, but I don't want to be told that I should do it for this and that reason to progress in the quest.

Exactly, I don't need a guide through my campaign, it takes away from the "sandbox" element.

Im pretty sure that at some point there will be a sandbox mode tick box, but for the EA, when maybe alot of new players are coming in, a bit of a guide to the game is a good thing.

Im pretty sure that at some point there will be a sandbox mode tick box, but for the EA, when maybe alot of new players are coming in, a bit of a guide to the game is a good thing.

Isn't the EA rather targeted for more experienced players? I mean its a buggy mess of a game right now, if I was new to the series, I would wait until its finished.

Yeah I wouldn't be heartbroken if they removed the main quest altogether myself. Something like what Warband had would be more fitting as an introduction, and that way there would be less stuff that needs debugging as well :smile:

I find it quite annoying, that there is no sandbox mode in Bannerlord. Sure, you could just ignore the main campaign, but you are kind of supposed to do it eventually and you just don't feel free. It allways whirls around in your mind. I don' want to be immediately part of some premade story, which tries to force me on a set path. I want to make up my own story, I want to be able to start the game as a poor nobody, who decides himself when and if he wants to build up a clan and most importantly who makes his own goals.

Can anyone else relate to that and want an additional sandbox mode?

Actually you can completely ignore the main quest. I went as far as to talk to all 10 nobles but didn't progress it past that and at some point I just go a message that I failed to assemble the Dragon Banner and the quest just went away. Now I am in full sandbox....well minus the ability to create my own kingdom but since they made it very clear that Kingdom Management wasn't in Early Access yet, not being able to make a Kingdom is nothing surprising.

Isn't the EA rather targeted for more experienced players? I mean its a buggy mess of a game right now, if I was new to the series, I would wait until its finished.
The EA is also meant to work the bugs out. Just like Beta was Multiplayer only so they could work in Combat, faction balance, and just multiplayer in general, they are gonna need the hundreds of thousands of people playing running through what they want to attack all those bugs and problem

Take out the main quest and slow down the snowballing some more and the campaign is basically sandbox mode. There are not enough objectives, victory goals, and quests to really call what we currently have a campaign.

Back
Top Bottom