[S] Pike and Blade 3.5: Riders on the Storm!

Users who are viewing this thread

I do not have that problem, I only use Diplomacy and Pike and Blade... no other mods installed.

There is your problem, you are downloading the merge from rapidshare.. I am not sure who uploaded that but its not Kogara's merged files.

From who did you quote that, it must be a very OLD quote or that guy did something dodgy with that merge

Read Captain_Octavius post

EDIT: Always try to get the Diplo+PikeandBlade merge files from Kogara's posts

Tokashi said:
I do not have that problem, I only use Diplomacy and Pike and Blade... no other mods installed.

There is your problem, you are downloading the merge from rapidshare.. I am not sure who uploaded that but its not Kogara's merged files.

From who did you quote that, it must be a very OLD quote or that guy did something dodgy with that merge

That link is directly from the first post of this thread where it says: spoiler-compatibility. But I came here to say problem solved. As you mentioned, there is a more recent and proper diplo+P&B download link. Using that, I have no problems. Thanks everyone for your attention on this!

tanelorn said:
Tokashi said:

That link is directly from the first post of this thread where it says: spoiler-compatibility. But I came here to say problem solved. As you mentioned, there is a more recent and proper diplo+P&B download link. Using that, I have no problems. Thanks everyone for your attention on this!

Hehe, I provided the link specifically in my post to make sure you had the most recent one.  :grin:

Anyway, good to hear your problem is solved, it was kinda driving me crazy because I wasn't able to recreate it.

We need a Pike and Blade Child Board.

More people will see it and thus it will be used a lot more by others and it will be easier for Kogara to show the latest merge.

Tokashi said:
spaceoden said:
Hey I'm playing with your latest diplo merge, and the kidnapped girl quest seems to be broken. I can't finish the quest once I've brought the girl home, she won't leave my party. I suspect this may be caused by editing the troops, or by Tokashi's troop fix (the girl is a troop after all).

Changes made in the troop.txt will not affect the transfer of troops from your party to the quest giver. That is part of the scripts or scripts for the quests.

The changes I have made in the troop.txt was in the upgrade path of the troops, basically I have just redirected the upgrade path of the troops to the correct ones and fixed the party_template.txt file to select the correct troops.

Pike and Blade cannot change how quests act, only thing that it might mess up is the type of troop spawning for the quests and so far as I can remember everything is spawning correctly.

I am curious about the looters that are spawned in the "kill the looters" guild master quest. Since installing this mod, I have tried to do several of these quests and no looters spawn. I am also running Diplo 2.8, and use the P&B + Diplo merge. But I didn't have this problem prior to using P&B. 

Kogara said:
Kogara said:
DP/P&B Merge v2.8: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9IFX9A61

As always, enjoy.

Note: Due to the amount of changes made to Diplomacy, I cannot guarantee that saves from 2.7.1 will work. In-fact, I'm almost certain that they will fail.  :???:  Its up to you if you want to stick with 2.7.1 because of this. Although, the battle continuation is probably enough to make any of you jump on board  :wink:. As for myself, I've been playing the original M&B since beta .700, so I'm use to starting over lol.

Re-post of merge link in spoiler!

Also, see change log here:

* battle continuation and free death cam

* moved kingdom culture options to chancellor
    * guards at court according to kingdom culture
    * npc patrols will be removed if no town is left
    * option to disable horse speed feature
    * fix for clothes issues regarding chamberlain, constable and chancellor
    * fix for wrong autoloot item count
    * added option to chamberlain to distribute autoloot items
    * french translation by Akmar Nibelung
    * minor improvements and bugfixes

It is updated to 1.127, just copy these files in your Module folder and enjoy ( This is merged with Diplomacy 2.8 )

tanelorn said:
Tokashi said:
spaceoden said:
Hey I'm playing with your latest diplo merge, and the kidnapped girl quest seems to be broken. I can't finish the quest once I've brought the girl home, she won't leave my party. I suspect this may be caused by editing the troops, or by Tokashi's troop fix (the girl is a troop after all).

Changes made in the troop.txt will not affect the transfer of troops from your party to the quest giver. That is part of the scripts or scripts for the quests.

The changes I have made in the troop.txt was in the upgrade path of the troops, basically I have just redirected the upgrade path of the troops to the correct ones and fixed the party_template.txt file to select the correct troops.

Pike and Blade cannot change how quests act, only thing that it might mess up is the type of troop spawning for the quests and so far as I can remember everything is spawning correctly.

I am curious about the looters that are spawned in the "kill the looters" guild master quest. Since installing this mod, I have tried to do several of these quests and no looters spawn. I am also running Diplo 2.8, and use the P&B + Diplo merge. But I didn't have this problem prior to using P&B.

I have no idea why you are experiencing any problems, I have NEVER experienced any Pike and Blade bugs, so I cannot help you here. Kogara is only person that keeps on merging the files and we are not the modders. The person who started this mod is MIA

First, thanks a lot for this smashing mod especially merged with diplomacy ! It's great to use rhodok boardmen against archers, glaivemen against horses or sarranid axemen as cheap but good siege defenders. The more different your units are, the more you can customize your orders on the battlefield.

I only regret the manhunters' nerf and wish to import them from native. Is it compatible with the rest of the mod ? Do I just have to copy and paste their lines from native to the dp/pb one ?

Gregorus said:
First, thanks a lot for this smashing mod especially merged with diplomacy ! It's great to use rhodok boardmen against archers, glaivemen against horses or sarranid axemen as cheap but good siege defenders. The more different your units are, the more you can customize your orders on the battlefield.

I only regret the manhunters' nerf and wish to import them from native. Is it compatible with the rest of the mod ? Do I just have to copy and paste their lines from native to the dp/pb one ?

Yeah all you have to do is copy and replace the dp/pb manhunters in the troop.txt with the native manhunters, it should work. No items were added so it wont give any problems. All items used are from native....

I really hate Rhodoks now, they are ripping me a part in sieges, I constantly lose at least 50-60% of my army when I try to siege a Rhodok town ;-(

Metal Bard said:
Does anyone know if this is compatible with the Diplomacy 2.8 + OSP Item mod combo?

It should work, the troops in Pike and Blade are using the basic items from Native, so if the OSP Item mod combo does not replace or remove any of those items then it should work.

Wow....I missed a lot in a couple of days. Um, for starters, everyone who said "thanks" -- you're welcome. Secondly, any bugs related to quests, should have nothing to do with my merges, the only thing touched in merges is troops, reinforcement rates, and some tweaks to horses. i.e. Everything that the creator of P&B did himself. I just put those changes into Diplomacy, therefore nothing related to quests is touched by me.

In short: Any quest bugs you are experiencing are probably due to A) A bad install, B) You didn't download my merge, C) Something screwy happened with TweakMB or another Mod you're trying to use at the same time, or D) The universe hates you, in which case no one can help you, probably.  :???:

Thirdly, there is a small update for diplomacy, but it just says "death cam fine tuning", so without further information, i.e. "This is needed because the death cam without it is broken", etc, I will not be updating the merge, unless there is enough community desire for it. But I can't imagine why.

@Tokashi: Glad to see you're over here answering questions, I have been a bit busy lately so I was unable to do so myself  :wink:. Anyway, thanks goes to you, and Cpt. Octavius for pickin' up the slack, ha ha.  :smile:

P.S. Yes, we really do need a child board. If I remember correctly, Aeon would have to request it, but obviously he is indeed, "MIA". I hope he drops by again soon.

Re-posting link, since some people seem to miss it even if its on the same page....
Kogara said:
Kogara said:
DP/P&B Merge v2.8: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9IFX9A61

As always, enjoy.

Note: Due to the amount of changes made to Diplomacy, I cannot guarantee that saves from 2.7.1 will work. In-fact, I'm almost certain that they will fail.  :???:  Its up to you if you want to stick with 2.7.1 because of this. Although, the battle continuation is probably enough to make any of you jump on board  :wink:. As for myself, I've been playing the original M&B since beta .700, so I'm use to starting over lol.

Re-post of merge link in spoiler!

Also, see change log here:

* battle continuation and free death cam

* moved kingdom culture options to chancellor
    * guards at court according to kingdom culture
    * npc patrols will be removed if no town is left
    * option to disable horse speed feature
    * fix for clothes issues regarding chamberlain, constable and chancellor
    * fix for wrong autoloot item count
    * added option to chamberlain to distribute autoloot items
    * french translation by Akmar Nibelung
    * minor improvements and bugfixes

Wanted to throw my hat in the ring and say thanks aswell. I'd meant to right after the release of the latest merge but only just put an account in order.

Anyway, thanks for all the work merging these great mods. I don't think I've managed more than 30mins of SP without them  :razz:

Tokashi mentioned making a child board for P&B. Much though I love the mod, I don't think that would be justified, seeing how the mod itself hasn't evolved anymore in a long time, Aeon being, is you rightly say and sadly so, MIA.

Still, I think it's a bit detrimental that the currently important informations about this mod (esp. its merge with Diplomacy) are buried in the last pages of the thread.

So how about, short of being allowed to create a thread in the Caravanserai and Kogara (nice job, man) being able to put updates in such a thread's OP -- how about making this in the Diplomacy subboard? I assume Waihti wouldn't object.

tyrannicide said:
Tokashi mentioned making a child board for P&B. Much though I love the mod, I don't think that would be justified, seeing how the mod itself hasn't evolved anymore in a long time, Aeon being, is you rightly say and sadly so, MIA.

Still, I think it's a bit detrimental that the currently important informations about this mod (esp. its merge with Diplomacy) are buried in the last pages of the thread.

So how about, short of being allowed to create a thread in the Caravanserai and Kogara (nice job, man) being able to put updates in such a thread's OP -- how about making this in the Diplomacy subboard? I assume Waihti wouldn't object.

Well, for starters, if we got a child board, it would be under the assumption that Aeon was back and working on the mod again.

That said, I could indeed ask Waihti -- good idea by the way -- but, not sure....I probably will though. I'll shoot him a PM later and see what he has to say.

arent the horses a bit out of balance?

the slowest feel like cows (spd 33 and 25 manouver?  :shock:) while the faster ones look a bit ridiculous at full speed. it looks a bit like watching a movie at double speed :wink: .

possum said:
arent the horses a bit out of balance?

the slowest feel like cows (spd 33 and 25 manouver?  :shock:) while the faster ones look a bit ridiculous at full speed. it looks a bit like watching a movie at double speed :wink: .

I love the horses especially in this mod.

Mind that they are much more vulnerable than the vanilla ones. The fast ones also aren't very maneuverable.

Yes, having a steppe horse flash past you at full speed might give a "highway" feeling -- at least it does for me. But I think it all plays out rather well.

Back
Top Bottom