SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Users who are viewing this thread

ThaneWulfgharn said:
How big is it, comparing with the native map?

In comparison, i doubt Essos is much smaller than natives playing area, and all what you see plus a little more is the current play area.

WHITESHEEP said:
Wolud you please add Astapor, Meeren and Yunkai (also Naath and Sothoryos) to the map? You can use the Empire total war style map for this. In that game ; when you press the relevant icon; another map was loaded to the screen and you could travel there. There was pointing arrows of locations (like northern america map or india). In the main screen you press the arrow and go there. This is an idea worth trying, what do you say?

I very much doubt that will happen. To get the map to the level its at now has taken around 25-30 hours. To get it near complete is going to take another 100 hours, thats over two weeks if working 8 hours a day without even a break! I also have to mod the game... To put in comparison, the 'other' mod thats not released yet has had a large team working on it for nearly 3 years...and they only have Westeros no Essos.

DarthShroom said:
Nice map attempt so far produno, appears pretty accurate.

Thanks, i think its as detailed as you can go without having to make the map extrememly large and unplayable. Though i do have the official maps and i have followed them pretty much to the T.

So, I've decided to call the mod 'A World of Ice and Fire'.

The reason being, this mod will have a rough starting point (currently being poll'd) but it will also contain other stuff from GRRM's world.
We also need a name to differentiate us from the other mods.

Feedback?

There is no mod yet called "A Song of Ice and Fire," and thats what the book series is called.

A World of Ice and Fire is good, but thats just what I think could be better.

MadVader: I didn't look too hard, but yes you're right.

pruduno: I don't think copyright will be too much of an issue because of Cozur's a Clash of Kings, and Owen Wulfson's a Game of Thrones.

I don;t really think there is any such issue Cwr, the mod I am working with benefited greatly from a number of sister mods that lent us assistance from time to time, including this one kickass Turkish GoT mod.

Owen Wulfson said:
I don;t really think there is any such issue Cwr, the mod I am working with benefited greatly from a number of sister mods that lent us assistance from time to time, including this one kickass Turkish GoT mod.

Huh?
What I was saying was that if there was going to be any copy-write issues then they would have already been worked out by you or Cozur.

New forums are located at www.aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums

Be sure to check them out for sneak previews and in depth discussion about the game and asoiaf. That will be our main base of operations, where to discuss the mod, post bugs, download the game etc.

produno said:
To put in comparison, the 'other' mod thats not released yet has had a large team working on it for nearly 3 years...and they only have Westeros no Essos.

I don't think that's fair to be honest. They had Essos done but decided to remove it cause it wasn't interesting enough.

Ithilien5 said:
produno said:
To put in comparison, the 'other' mod thats not released yet has had a large team working on it for nearly 3 years...and they only have Westeros no Essos.

I don't think that's fair to be honest. They had Essos done but decided to remove it cause it wasn't interesting enough.

Well, they had a part of Essos on their campaign map, nothing else. I would hardly say thats done.

You still need everything else related to mount and blade, that includes but not everything:

factions
bandits
quests
map icons
scene props
scenes
weapons
armours
dialogue
scripts
animals

Do you have that for entire Essos? And the 'other' mod would have been released a long time ago they just want it perfect. I've no idea how you wanted that to come out but to me it sounded like you had done a better job than them.

Ithilien5 said:
Do you have that for entire Essos? And the 'other' mod would have been released a long time ago they just want it perfect. I've no idea how you wanted that to come out but to me it sounded like you had done a better job than them.

Hmm .. If you read the message i was quoting, i have no idea how you came to that conclusion? Neither mod will be better than the other, Just different. ASOIAF is a big place with many interpretations.

produno said:

To me that sounds like you are saying how you managed to pull that off and they didn't. You also told Cozur to not lie and that it's possibly to put in functional dragons that look good ingame. Kind of a dickmove towards him. I wanna see how your functional dragons turn out. Anyways, not gonna bother this thread anymore. Good luck to you and Thane.

I think there was a chinese mod with functional dragons for 1.011, but then again it looked ugly, cos it was made only of scene props

The thing closest to a dragon is not, however FantasyWarrior's bird, but rather Lumos' Great Eagle. You should probably talk to Lumos.

EDIT:
AGoT dragons are also easier than other fantasy dragons to integrate because they have 4 limbs and sometimes they use their wings as legs, which may result in needing only new horse anims:
Drogon.jpg
drogon.png
Angry_Drogon_s3e7.jpg
got-game-of-thrones-30672694-500-277.png
tumblr_momuzs4fWF1qbfh9co1_400.gif

well, the words i used was not 'its possible to put functional dragons that look good indame' but 'its possible to have dragons in the game' . Which are two very different statements. - I guess another display of someone trying to twist what i say, though why is beyond me. He used to be eager to help with this mod?

That being said, if you wanted for instance, dragons to fly around a scene while dany is visible. Fantasywarriors birds would do the job pretty well. And yes ive seen Lumos' Great Eagle :smile:

Well , simply focus on basic's , later it's will possible to do something or not , but really , talking about drake here is like taltking about the color of the wall when just buy the parcel where you want to build your house.

And please not start a war about who is the best mod about westeros....
  You'll olny know it when you play each one ( i did , i can say mine was the better one  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:) untill that , Cozur's one rules.

Back
Top Bottom