[S] Calradia Divided - a Warband+ Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Ive only read the first page but this mod looks very intresting. Could you take some screenshots of the new map?

Also it would be very nice to see this mod expand later into an overhaul as I feel it has the potential, possibly by teaming up with other modders.

Aeon221 said:
It's interesting that people still call the Early Middle Ages the Dark Ages, despite that not being the correct term for quite some time now. It's just one more of those ridiculous Victorian historical conventions that seems so durable, even though they're provably false -- like the 40lbs sword, or the whole Noble Savage madness.

Internetter, educate thyself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_middle_ages

Dark Ages is an acceptable term for the early Middle Ages and it wasn't a VIctorian convention as the phrase was first used in the 1600's and the concept had been around since the 1300's

while popular culture has turned the phrase into a negative connotation of a time with little to no progress, it actually refered to the lack of written records and Latin Literature, not the technology.

now getting back to the original subject
I really hope this mod gets finished, it looks great :grin:

Shadow, as you mentioned earlier, you don't want to make new models if you can help it, so you might want to reconsider having a Japanese based faction instead of Chinese as there is already a full suit of Samurai armour as well as the 3 Samurai swords in the native game (look for the Strange Armour and Strange Swords in the .brfs or enable the cheat menu and search for the items that way :wink: )

could I also suggest that you see if it is possible to include the Camp Entrenchment mod as that would add a lot more depth to encounters on the map

good luck with it all :grin:

Are the bandits powerful, and have a troop tree? I think it would be cool to have an army of bandits :razz:

Hey shadowclaimer... gonna test out your little project and will try give you some feedback as soon as possible.  Well the merchant guy on all the landing areas ends up in a dialogue circle.. means yi cant exit or proceed further but shutting down  Warband program.

I was looking for and didn't see anyone requesting source code for this?  Just wondered if you were planning on posting it? I am hoping to play this combined with custom commander mod and from what I read the only way to do that is to get source code for each

i've been stalking the progress of this mod

and so

Hows it going? any idea's on when you will finish?

I need to put this on hold for a bit, everytime life is kinda catching up to me currently. I need to work on a stable income because I have school starting soon and a lot of other crap.

Anyone has my express permission to work on or start over based on my progress/notes, I'll provide you with whatever information you want, but currently given how my time is alotted I can't put as much work as I'd like to into the mod.

this is one of the mods that i always waiting the delevoptment and continue to read the progress, to bad if the progress have to stop. btw shadow claimer, nice avatar.

Sorry but this looks funny:

-Enemy Lords may start their own Kingdoms on defecting
-Boats!

At first I took it as:

Enemy Lords may start their own Kingdoms on defecting Boats!

:lol:

But I'm downloading, sounds awesome to me.

just posting in to see if you had resumed making this mod
the ideas sound great and am looking forward to a completed mod
hope your working on it again, if not i hope you find some large space of free time so you can :razz:

yea so i'm far too lazy to read other comments all the way... but so the Zhodai Empire is, like i understand it, a Chinese-based culture right?...
[i'm kinda possessed of chinese ancient culture :razz: and so few mods that incorporate any of it.. :sad:]

peeps, does anyone know how to edit the placing of objects on the map? that way i can do it myself, and i'll upload the results (regaring how shadowclaimer is having a busy time)
because i really really want to play this mod!!

Back
Top Bottom