(S) Calradia 1050 A.D.: Mercenary Uprising mod (Old Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redleg said:
TheGreatGold said:
Also, you should fix the script errors popping after raiding a village.

I haven't seen any script errors after raiding villages.  Which version are you playing?  Can you give me some more information on what the error says so I can check into it?
I'm using 1.11 with the fix.
I'll make a screenshot of the errors.

Madpizzaboy said:
how's the update coming up ?

I am still working, albeit a bit slowly as I have very limited time.  I have only a few small changes left to make and then need to put together a readme of new features and credits for new OSP assets used.

Edit: I have decided that I am going to release by the end of November come hell or high water.  The few changes remaining won't require a great deal of testing and I need to get this version out the door as I have other pressing matters to deal with (in my non-modding life).  This version is nicely polished as is and has some nice new features, especially regarding recruitment, a form of custom troops, and faction troops/troop equipment.  I had wanted to add a few more features such as an invasion, bandit leaders, expanding the Osgood quest, and making new forts for the Khergiz,  but I will hold off on that for this version.

Update: If anyone who is good at scene making would be willing to create some forts for the Khergiz, I would be pleased to include them in an update to this forthcoming version.  As it stands now, I am using some of dxaero's nice castles but they don't really match well with the Khergiz culture.  I am lousy at scene making and my computer doesn't do too well in edit mode for some reason.  I think the Khergiz forts would look something like a dark ages hill fort with rings of wooden palisades, perhaps a ditch or two, and a cluster of wooden buildings at the top.  The scene would have to be steppe.  The most forts I would need would be 4 but I would be pleased with any number if they work well.

Slavos said:
Any news?

I have nearly finished the planned additions and testing but have a large work-load right now in my non-modding work for this week and early next week. I expect to have a nice block of time from Dec. 19-21 to finalize the mod and should be able to upload by Dec. 23 or 24.  Even if I encounter some unanticipated issues, I fully expect to release before the end of 2016.

As in the previous updates, the main changes are in the recruitment system, including improved castle and town recruitment, and the addition of some custom troops that can be recruited when the player has built a barracks in a town or castle they own. I have added Elite Faction troops to the retinues of each faction leader. The faction troops trees now have separate lines: commoners, professionals (nobles), and elites. Commoners are hired from villages and are also available from towns and castles. Professionals are hired only from castles and towns, the faction elites are available only to kings but the player can get custom elites by building a barracks in a town or castle and then recruiting the custom professionals line which upgrades ultimately to custom elite.

I have made some significant changes to the faction troop trees to address the commoner and professional lines, as well as adding much more equipment for the troops, some from OSP packs and some of my own design (you can see some of these in the images). I have also integrated a limited version of custom troops that are available only if the player builds a barracks. These custom troops are not the troops of the default player-faction troops when the player becomes king. I am working on a script to allow the player to determine his/her culture at character creation and that culture choice will determine the default player kingdom troops the player gets. This script is the last big scripting change I intend to make for this version before release (if I can get the script to work as intended).

I have made some changes to the animations, reverting back to vanilla Warband but integrating a new two-way spear strike that is different from that in V. 1.11  as it uses the original spear strike plus an overhead strike.

This current work on progress version is already nicely polished as is and is stable and virtually error-free (as far as I can tell from lack of in-game error messages and rgl_log messages. I had wanted to add a few more features such as an invasion, bandit leaders, expanding the Osgood quest, and making new forts for the Khergiz, but I will hold off on that for the version following this version.

A full change list will be made available upon the mod's release this December.

Merry Christmas! :grin: I really look forward to the new mod, I love the eastern provinces and Byzantines. I hope everyone who reads this has a lovely time with whatever they are doing theses Holidays.

Antonis said:
It's up, I already downloaded it. gonna play during the afternoon!  :smile:

Let me know what you think, especially comparing to the previous version 1.11 (if you played it).

I am thinking of making a few modifications to the troop trees for the future and am waiting for some feedback from players.  I have some of my own ideas but wanted to wait a while before making the changes.

I did played the previous version, too. Well, I may not be the best judge, because I tend to alter my troop trees all the time, so... :razz:
But the mod is excellent. A really good variety in armors and stuff (I really like the scale armours with cataphract horses, I am ready to be the Byzantine cataphract :smile:)

Jokes aside, it really feels like you are in the Dark Ages. Great atmosphere and quite good balance with the troops in battles. Of course, I didn't play all that much in one afternoon, but the 4-5 good battles I played(mostly with 20+ low-mid tier troops against caravans, I am not counting battles against outlaws and such) were really great, most enjoyable. The only thing I could be possibly grumpy about is item prices. I mean, 450 for a sword with good stats is dirt cheap. Good damage, reach and weight, which could be bought in the very early game?  :razz:

But yeah, otherwise, it's easily one of the best mods around. Also, great job with the armours, I take it most of the chainmail/ scale stuff is your doing? Amazingly done!

Antonis said:
I did played the previous version, too. Well, I may not be the best judge, because I tend to alter my troop trees all the time, so... :razz:
But the mod is excellent. A really good variety in armors and stuff (I really like the scale armours with cataphract horses, I am ready to be the Byzantine cataphract :smile:)

Jokes aside, it really feels like you are in the Dark Ages. Great atmosphere and quite good balance with the troops in battles. Of course, I didn't play all that much in one afternoon, but the 4-5 good battles I played(mostly with 20+ low-mid tier troops against caravans, I am not counting battles against outlaws and such) were really great, most enjoyable. The only thing I could be possibly grumpy about is item prices. I mean, 450 for a sword with good stats is dirt cheap. Good damage, reach and weight, which could be bought in the very early game?  :razz:

But yeah, otherwise, it's easily one of the best mods around. Also, great job with the armours, I take it most of the chainmail/ scale stuff is your doing? Amazingly done!

Thanks for the feedback.  I was curious about item prices too.  I tried to base the prices of added weapons on Native prices.  I haven't checked into it, but is there a way to change the pricing of items in the module system?

Many of the mail or scale armors are my own.  The BRFS labeled Redleg_armors are my textures.  Some of the cataphract textures are my own as well.

Slavos said:
Mars_Mullo said:
Is it possible for me to add the foraging skill to this mod too?  And how do I do it?

No, you need the .py files for this and this mod is not open source.

Oh.. thats ok then.
If there is a wish list anywhere for this Calradia 1250 mod then could you add the foraging skill to it. 
Currently I have no problem because I have dozens of acres of land in v arouse cities as a trader and the income is good.  However in some areas food on the local markets has practically dried up. Foraging would be a useful skill instead of starving to death.

Mars_Mullo said:
Slavos said:
Mars_Mullo said:
Is it possible for me to add the foraging skill to this mod too?  And how do I do it?

No, you need the .py files for this and this mod is not open source.

Oh.. thats ok then.
If there is a wish list anywhere for this Calradia 1250 mod then could you add the foraging skill to it. 
Currently I have no problem because I have dozens of acres of land in v arouse cities as a trader and the income is good.  However in some areas food on the local markets has practically dried up. Foraging would be a useful skill instead of starving to death.

Which version are you playing?  Has food stocks dried up in both towns and villages or just villages?

Added note: I just found a small issue with the force melee weapons script.  I forgot to add the new specialized tier 4 troops to the script so they might spawn without their specialized weapon (pole-arm).  I was able to fix it and it looks like the fix is save-game compatible.  I will add the fix to the first patch when I release it.  I am waiting to hear about any other issues before I do so, although I don't expect additional issues since I have fairly thoroughly tested my changes (except for the troops discussed above).

Redleg said:
I haven't checked into it, but is there a way to change the pricing of items in the module system?

Many of the mail or scale armors are my own.  The BRFS labeled Redleg_armors are my textures.  Some of the cataphract textures are my own as well.

["sarranid_leather_armor", "Sarranid Leather Armor", [("sarranid_leather_armor",0)], itp_merchandise| itp_type_body_armor  |itp_covers_legs ,0,
650 , weight(9)|abundance(100)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(32)|leg_armor(12)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_armor ],

That's what you need to change. You could theoretically put a price modifier in item categories, but that will change all items in that category. For example, axes would be equally expensive with swords. But metal was always more expensive than wood, so it wouldn't make much sense. Sadly, to have a unique price range in all items, you need to do it one by one.  :sad:

Great work on the armours, they really look amazing.

Antonis said:
Redleg said:
I haven't checked into it, but is there a way to change the pricing of items in the module system?

["sarranid_leather_armor", "Sarranid Leather Armor", [("sarranid_leather_armor",0)], itp_merchandise| itp_type_body_armor  |itp_covers_legs ,0,
650 , weight(9)|abundance(100)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(32)|leg_armor(12)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_armor ],

That's what you need to change. You could theoretically put a price modifier in item categories, but that will change all items in that category. For example, axes would be equally expensive with swords. But metal was always more expensive than wood, so it wouldn't make much sense. Sadly, to have a unique price range in all items, you need to do it one by one.  :sad:

Great work on the armours, they really look amazing.

I knew about the individual item pricing aspect- I just didn't want to have to go through each of the native and added items and make adjustments.  I did look into the price modifiers and I hoped it would be useful but as you said, it would affect all items with that modifier. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom