[S] BRYTENWALDA [WB 1.131] - Brytenwalda 1.0 Release! 8/09/2010

Troops - Wages and upgrade cost, do you like it?

• Yes, guard it

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • I like wages system, but i like less upgrade cost

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • I like less wages and upgrade cost

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I want most cost for wages and upgrade

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the response.  I have a spear break every battle, and I just had my masterwork saxon sword break on its third swing. Sorry to be a pain but do you have a line number because 'find' isn't finding that.  I saw the program on the other forum and was looking for it.

Sorry to do this to you but another little bug.  The troublemaker quest in Cirren Ceaster never stops.  You can keep telling Cirac that you've solved the problem and keep collecting money and xp every time.

I've killed around 5 guys with balanced kontos and heavy war axe until it breaks .. generelly i'd like the feature but it should bet around 50 or so ^^

btw my spatha killed around 100 guys and hasn't broken..

Edit: Spatha also broken :grin: and the irish short sword also after a few guys

Idibil said:
How can I turn off weapon breakage or at least change it so that weapons break like shields (lose it for the fight but get it back)?  I've searched the module like crazy but can only find the quick string associated with it.  Thanks

It is in mision_templates.txt, common_weapon_break.
Have you lost a lot of weapons? it should be difficult a weapon break.

cant find it there

@Adorno
Will some weapons break more easily than others or is it random?

This responds to different variables. If you're riding or on foot, wooden weapons break more easily, etc ...

@Mystery
Sorry to do this to you but another little bug.  The troublemaker quest in Cirren Ceaster never stops.  You can keep telling Cirac that you've solved the problem and keep collecting money and xp every time.

Fixed.

@Kazhul Doran
Banners of lords and their castles are still bugged

all? I did change here for initial banners.
Previus version it was ok, no?

@Posum and others betatesters

I had change rate break in weapons, you can download mision_templates.txt:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4MGYKLW6

Copy and paste it in Brytenwalda folder, and you say us if it is right now.

This responds to different variables. If you're riding or on foot, wooden weapons break more easily, etc ...
So your saying if your on a horse it breaks easier?
Also this weapon breakage does this mean that I need to take two swords to a battlefield in case?

is it possible to change the parry behavior of some troops?

f.e.

i was attacking a group of bandits (looter) with a spear and horse.  every time i came closer they switched to the "parry thrust" mode. only one of 7-10 attacks (if lucky) came through.

this is extremly frustrating, especially in the beginning when you are alone or have only low tier troops with you. your troops get killed and you have to spend hours to kill the remaining X bandits alone.

at higher levels its not a big problem because you have some skilled troops with you and the trained enemies should know how to parry but low tier troops like looter or peasant should not be able to parry nearly every attack when riding towards them.

what do you think about it?

AI was never really affected by rank, this has been a problem right through as far as I can remember (early m&b) but it is harder in warband. A trick is to pull it back at the last second so they do not block, or just standing there until they stop blocking or smacking into them with your horse leaving them wide open for a full gallop thrust at them.

Suggestion: What about including some sarmatians into the mod? We know they fought for the romans and there is some theory that they settled in britain. So they could be available as mercenaries or have a village where they could be recruted. They should be expensive but asskickin with horsearchers and lancers  :twisted:.

kiFF said:
Suggestion: What about including some sarmatians into the mod? We know they fought for the romans and there is some theory that they settled in britain. So they could be available as mercenaries or have a village where they could be recruted. They should be expensive but asskickin with horsearchers and lancers  :twisted:.

can it be that you have seen the "king arthur" movie recently? :wink:

ps.
is there a way to reduce the loading times? especially the battle loading time is long on my pc.

p4: 3,06 ghz
2 gb ram
ati 3650 APG 1gb ram

i am using polished landscapes.

@Crossbow Joe
So your saying if your on a horse it breaks easier?
Also this weapon breakage does this mean that I need to take two swords to a battlefield in case?

1. - polearms yes - it was most easy losing a weapon when you are in a horse than when you walk. However, with current exchange weapons should not break so easily, no?
2. - No necesary. Panoply common in the seventh century was the shield, spear, javelins and a dagger.
If your spear was break, you was dagger (also very useful for combat tighter)

@Possum
is it possible to change the parry behavior of some troops?

I think that it is auto, it may affect the level of the troops. But looters havent much shields, no?

is there a way to reduce the loading times? especially the battle loading time is long on my pc.

How much time are we talk?
I have 5 seg actually by battle camps most big.
You can reduce size them with http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,101731.0.html

i am using polished landscapes.

You can try delete it also. Polished Landscapes need good PC

@kiFF
Suggestion: What about including some sarmatians into the mod? We know they fought for the romans and there is some theory that they settled in britain. So they could be available as mercenaries or have a village where they could be recruted. They should be expensive but asskickin with horsearchers and lancers

Really, in this time Sarmatian any that might come during the centuries before the Roman Empire no longer distinguish or appearance, or name, (it may even he had forgotten that his grandfather was a Sarmatian auxiliary) of the Britons.
It would be a good idea to consider an auxiliary troops elsewhere in Europe in the seventh century, and how he could go to Britannia.

--------------

We need know if break rate is right now  :wink:

it is not the shieldblock that is bugging me, it is the weapon parry (right mouse button + down to parry thrust attacks).

the loading time for me far above 10 sec, not sure how much exactly. will see if the battlefield reduction will help.

i am also using pl for other mods without many problems.

I discovered a bug. In town Aileach when I go to armorer game freezes immediately and I have to restart computer.  The same happens in town Cruaghan. Armory is spoiled.  :???:

@Kazhul Doran
Banners of lords and their castles are still bugged

all? I did change here for initial banners.
Previus version it was ok, no?

0.93 was bugged and 0.94 is still bugged

b39lyput298h.jpg

a9zhdnurtz3a.jpg

8fu88ymmxro7.jpg

Map effect looks like rose leafs, appears sometimes, weirdo
kxmo37erpmy5.jpg

Liuva is not spanish anymore, pcit tunic?
49znq7xgsfq.jpg

Funny particle combat effect, made 4 snowy combat?
537wsudfw7a6.jpg

Headless tournament in dun breatann
yes1himdjla6.jpg

i thought iam in a an oven lol, this is the tavern in dun at
oxzixtic3v52.jpg

Having crashes on big battles didn't haven't them before on other mods (well only occasionally ) but now I can't seem to finish a battle that im on.

Note: for guys having graphical errors such as headless players and such I found that it was my ATI driver 10.7, I went back to 10.5 and that fixed the problem.

Cheers.

the range of archers are still nuts...
they start firing too late, this is ridicoulus *,*

native was good on this point, brytenwalda not
and btw i thought you changed this?
lf pg 56?

I was stumble upon 18 deers.
I this case i dident have a bow! The slaughter was whit a axe.
Is it posible to make them run away from a biger distance?
Also smaller numbers and higher sell price perhaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom