Wolfsblut said:
Wolfsblut said:
(no map-lagging anymore  :twisted:)

Ok, i have to take that  back.
It just hits a little later.

For the companion-search of Torrential, they are the same as in Floris, so here

http://de.floris.wikia.com/wiki/Gef%C3%A4hrten_in_Floris

you will find what you need.

Ah thanks I found that but wasn't sure, gratitude!

Torrential said:
Wolfsblut said:
Wolfsblut said:
(no map-lagging anymore  :twisted:)

Ok, i have to take that  back.
It just hits a little later.

For the companion-search of Torrential, they are the same as in Floris, so here

http://de.floris.wikia.com/wiki/Gef%C3%A4hrten_in_Floris

you will find what you need.

Ah thanks I found that but wasn't sure, gratitude!

You´re welcome.
Took me a while to realize that.

And some more pictures.

From the left to the right. Northern mid-tier-troops.
Shieldbearer -> Huscarl -> Hirdmen

Companions in armour. (Artimenner and Matheld)

The evil, old Wolf

The last sight of alot of dying victims, while they was scattered over the ground, pumping their last blood into the cold soil.

my 4670k overclocked @ 4.5 GHz can't run this mod very well with Battlesizer.

Can't pull over 250 troops per game, and even that regularly lags to hell.

ridiculous performance, I used to get better performance with a processor from like 2008.

Penlord said:
my 4670k overclocked @ 4.5 GHz can't run this mod very well with Battlesizer.

Can't pull over 250 troops per game, and even that regularly lags to hell.

ridiculous performance, I used to get better performance with a processor from like 2008.

Well, I only have a quad 3.2 and I play with battlesizer of 300 and it runs ok. Can get laggy if I am there and everyone is bottlenecked in one place, otherwise it's fine.

Sidenote:

Really interesting and fun mod, but a few bugs and issues.

CONS

1) Tournaments are too easy, I came in 3rd at level 2 and 1st at level 4. When I was competing even if I was getting my ass kicked, I would be ranked way higher than I should have been. Should be changed to getting 1 point per kill in the match and 1 point per reward after every round. When I came in 3rd, I only had like 4 kills for all the rounds and made the list once. No idea how I got 3rd place.

I won a saddle, but it never showed up in inventory. When I won the tournament I got a blue destier horse, but there is a horse mesh error horse_c and I can't move the horse in my inventory or my screen locks (putting it back to where it was initially lets me exit the screen).

2) I helped a vassal in a fight and after we won he talked to me, but I couldn't leave the screen. Had to restart. It was a random error and hasn't happened since

3) Town garrisons need to have higher tier units. The town Uxhal (or however you spell it) was sieged by the Rhodark it was 700+ defending vs 2.3k. That's fine. But since there were so many lords sieging they all had top tier units. I think the defenders killed like 20-30 max, while the attackers just mauled through everything. They decimated over 700 units like they were paper maches. After that seige, I stop playing as I feel it's so unbalanced it's not worth to play at the moment (I mean how does over 700 defending units only kill like 30 units? Especially with the amazing defense structure of that town. The archers did nothing to their units).

4) the +5 points for health per hp only gives the default +2 hp

PROS

- Really fun, and tough mod. Economy has been buffed to make it viable to have top tier and a sizable army
- the re-done troop trees are interesting and some bad ass units at the top levels
- lots to do with the many bandit and knight units chasing you
- good loot drops (although perhaps too good, especially with 0 skills in loot)

Otherwise, it seems like a very promising mod, and looking forward to the updates.

Mini review/feedback after about 20 hours or so, some general observations, this mod is so big it'll take a while to get detailed feedback.

Factions and Sieges

Very entertaining seeing the new factions spring up! Sieging is a bit easy for all factions major or minor, but if you make the defenders stronger, you'll have to make the initial invading factions a bit stronger so they have a chance to take any castles.

However once a minor faction has a castle, they should have just as hard a time as anyone else. So I think that would balance out well with a few higher tier troops defending sieges, and a slight increase to minor higher tier troop numbers. Because your higher tier troops are insanely powerful! I won't say across the board as I haven't fought every faction of the 17 certainly.

I wouldn't go overboard though just a small tweak up on higher tier troop numbers, 25-30% more maybe.

Weapon Balance: - This is from the perspective of 20 hours in, perhaps that is too low a number to be fighting lords, if so disregard this a bit, except xbow range.

This brings me to crossbows, holy hell they have too much range, they put modern day sharpshooters to shame. I had to turn off the formations AI because they just sat most of the map away sniping me, even when they were attacking, their formations didn't move anywhere. When I cowered behind a hill (with formation AI off) so I could let them come into range, the fight was much more balanced, hard but balanced. With formation AI on some maps I had no chance of getting into range, even making careful use of cover or cavalry. Fight the rhodocks for a while if you want to see what I mean :smile:, at least when they are not getting slaughtered too much not to have any decent troops. Then there are those paragon throwing troops, less of an issue but the AI had 25 of those following the sarranid around, I had 100 men vs their 60, they had 24 paragons left at the end, I had nobody :smile: They need their throwing speed nerfed, or just how many there are in an army, or their ammunition amount.

I could just make use of these super troops myself I know but I'd rather see them balanced if you are taking feedback, a small nerf to the numbers of paragons in an army, and a medium sized nerf to crossbow range for the higher end xbows.

Elite Units as prisoners - I did in fact make early game use of the balion super knight units by freeing them and several crusaders in a battle, with the help of a large group of swadians who were already fighting, then immediately charged them into fighting some forest bandits which i was outnumbered 3 to 1. Balion super knight units are amazing for knocking down troops for you. So I made huge profit, and the 3k from the town for hunting down the bandit leader really early game, and I spent nothing. I am not sure how you'd nerf this or if you'd want to, but the player can game the system but freeing super unit prisoners by joining an ongoing battle, then using them in an otherwise impossible battle, then firing them before being paid.

This is more an issue in this mod just because the elite units, really are elite, and even 10 super unit cavalry would swing the battle, then you can fire them. Some cost associated to super units even when freeing them would help solve this, if it could be introduced, though like I say maybe you want these rare events to happen.

Minor Bug As posted on modb there is a bug with the sovereign relations screen and the new factions, the upper faction names are messed up, and the grid stops being made. Could use a scroll bar to move across the new factions on the bottom across.

Renown - Needs to be gained slower or require a higher number before lords start thinking you are a big hero. In this mod it takes a long while to be on a par with most lords parties, people think I am an excellent warrior yet my party is only moving up to plate and barely able to go toe to toe with most lords. 100 ish numbers I can sometimes handle, sometimes not. The high end gear here takes a lot longer to get, renown should reflect this I feel.

I also should point out I very much like the added challenge and the feeling now lords are genuinely powerful with their higher tier troops.

Unrelated but I just got 5 suits of juggernaut armor in one fight :smile: I was fighting bounty hunters with some juggs in their ranks, nobody can use it yet in my party but :grin:

Great mod! Only got a slight problem, that being that I can't invest money for ****. All of those productive enterprises I bought to make a minimum of 150 profit, most 200, but after a week of making profit, they suddenly drop.
ChzwET2.jpg

A request for more general advice as well:

How do you transition? I go off, do the starting quest, get about 20 guys to around tier 2-3, then try to get good relation with a faction. Once I can become a merc., I do so immediately, getting around 50 2-3 tier troops, maybe some 4s and one 5, all paid for by the faction. I then try to get money from fighting, looting, and ransoming. Upon getting of money, I invest in any enterprise I can, provided it gives min. 150. I then try to field around 100 t4s, and become a vassal. The plan is that with all the enterprises, I can still field enough troops to defend my ****ty village from raids. What I would do before was to skip investing, and become a vassal immediately. The problem with that of course is that your village always gets raided because you cant defend it because you've no money.

Anyway, once you've established yourself a stable set of enterprises, and become a vassal, what do you do? Do you invest in your village? Does that bring in a good source of income? Do you even become a vassal? What are your game plans?

magma101 said:
Great mod! Only got a slight problem, that being that I can't invest money for ****. All of those productive enterprises I bought to make a minimum of 150 profit, most 200, but after a week of making profit, they suddenly drop.

That's strange. Does it happen to other people as well?

A request for more general advice as well:

How do you transition? I go off, do the starting quest, get about 20 guys to around tier 2-3, then try to get good relation with a faction. Once I can become a merc., I do so immediately, getting around 50 2-3 tier troops, maybe some 4s and one 5, all paid for by the faction. I then try to get money from fighting, looting, and ransoming. Upon getting of money, I invest in any enterprise I can, provided it gives min. 150. I then try to field around 100 t4s, and become a vassal. The plan is that with all the enterprises, I can still field enough troops to defend my ****ty village from raids. What I would do before was to skip investing, and become a vassal immediately. The problem with that of course is that your village always gets raided because you cant defend it because you've no money.

Anyway, once you've established yourself a stable set of enterprises, and become a vassal, what do you do? Do you invest in your village? Does that bring in a good source of income? Do you even become a vassal? What are your game plans?

Another good way to earn money is to hunt down some of the mid size warparties - like geroians or mercenary companies. Balion parties are especially interesting as they've only got blunt weapons so the risks for your own troops are pretty low. There are so many different parties around that there will pretty much always be a challenge waiting for you at the corner.

Deathwhisper said:
magma101 said:

That's strange. Does it happen to other people as well?

I only played the mod for about 2-3 weeks game time and had 3 enterprises. They were all initially about 40% profitable (all of which were ironworks in the Swadia empire), and stayed that way (but again, only a few weeks of testing).

Also, at the beginning of the mod, I changed the market setting default from high/experimental to moderate which also might be the problem.

The problem is that enterprises randomly set themselves to "store products in the warehouse until I arrive" mode, which is why you only see losses in the budget screen. You need to go to the town and tell the worker to sell automatically.

Also: I fixed it. i had the economy on high/experimental T_T Is anyone else getting this bug where the guild master says you've already got a mill in their city when you don't, making you unable to purchase enterprises in most cities.

Yeah, the Geroians are crazy strong.

So are those nordic "crazed berserkers" jesus christ.

anyway,
I read somewhere that enterprises change profitability randomly. Didn't know they switched to "store in inventory" mode and you have to tell them to "sell automatically." That's an unpleasant bug.

I like the increased population and acreage in the game (from 30,000 to 90,000), but I wish populations could grow to unlimited in size, that would be splendid.
Nonetheless I hope the mod developer(s) is/are checking the Nexus, I started a little forum for bugs there. It should be of use.
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5939/?tab=5&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D5939%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D2361089&pUp=1

Hi

I still have mills in some cities, even though i am not supposed to have any there and i cannot start any business there either...specially northern cities

I was worried there for a second that premiere of VC would overshadow this mod but it turned out to be utter crap and after 5 hours of VC I was back to new dawn as VC was nowhere near as fun as this mod. So yeah, I am sticking with you guys, hoping for good community around this mod.

what computer specs do you guys have? i can't run this mod with 50 graphic quality-- the game just crashes during loading

i have a 3570k and 8 gigs of ram

riordan1 said:
Is it possible to get a Kolkarr clan nerf/turn off option or something similar?

I think Devs already tweaked with kolkar clan in recent update, I do agree they were crazy powerfull pre-update, however post-update I have not encoutered them on my map nor they even emerged anywhere so I can't tell how they are like now.

sobora said:
what computer specs do you guys have? i can't run this mod with 50 graphic quality-- the game just crashes during loading

i have a 3570k and 8 gigs of ram

hmm,its rather something with files , cose this specs should let u play 200 battles easy, Im on 4gb ram and Radeon R7 200 with battles of 125 on 70% texture.

P.S it would be nice to see more dev activity here, cose the thread is dying out a little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom