[S] A New Dawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The battle for almerra castle was great, 996 troops took it with only 4 vassals screenshots MLG stats

QAjjkG.jpg
So much war.... :cry: :cry:

3Ml5yL.jpg
Z9K5ia.jpg
Almerra caslte the crossbowmen's dream......

bjrLll.jpg
The diff I play on

oF7ZQV.jpg
qLkAU7.jpg
In8NdP.jpg
BHqNXC.jpg
FF5qSd.jpg
The Great Damba David going hard

scL0vQ.jpg
The fall...snipers snipers everywhere  :cry: :cry:

J7esqv.jpg
HOLD THE LADDER MEN ITS THE ONLY WAY UP  :shock:

ACUoHW.jpg
My beast ass archers I MEAN CROSSBOWMEN

wM5m3e.jpg
UsZBy6.jpg
WE WIN

would be nice to make the AI sue for peace alittle faster being so many factions are on or can be on the map at any given time, been at war with the nords for almost 3 months and only got two fiefs from them but killed over 7k of thier troops with MANY campaigns don't know if this is a glitch or anything I'm doing wrong but I thought I should complain about it :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

bugs i encountered

i am a merc for sarranids

sarranids at war with barbarians but they are not hostile.

i have in suno a mill and i never bought one there. i cannot buy an enterprise there and i cannot access the mill

i am injured but i go into a second battle fully healed.

Getting some weird bugs. First off, every time I enter a city it informs me that it is owned by my son-in-law. Next when I entered a tourny it crashed saying there were unidentified weapon errors. Next the shopkeepers have no money and no items. Other than that it looks great, and I cant wait to see it updated!

HereticKannon said:
Noticed something small today as I was playing.

HWZHFK.jpg

I think this fellow's Archery and Crossbows values should be swapped. Kind of explains why these guys are such pushovers!

Fixed.

Is there anyway that you could add the animations from floris? like the weapon swings and things along those lines

I prefer those of native, except for the 1-handed thrust, which is already there.

Can i switch back to the native horse dust system, and if so can i just use the particle_systems.txt from floris?

I think it should work fine.

would be nice to make the AI sue for peace alittle faster being so many factions are on or can be on the map at any given time, been at war with the nords for almost 3 months and only got two fiefs from them but killed over 7k of thier troops with MANY campaigns don't know if this is a glitch or anything I'm doing wrong but I thought I should complain about it

I assume they'll accept peace if you offer them.

i am a merc for sarranids

sarranids at war with barbarians but they are not hostile.

That's weird, I'll have to take a look at it.

i have in suno a mill and i never bought one there. i cannot buy an enterprise there and i cannot access the mill

Fixed.

i am injured but i go into a second battle fully healed.

That's because of the extra hp you get in battle (to put the player on an even ground with bots). Unfortunately it'll show you've got max hp even if it isn't the case (you've probably got only +10 hp compared to what your character sheet says in that case).

Getting some weird bugs. First off, every time I enter a city it informs me that it is owned by my son-in-law. Next when I entered a tourny it crashed saying there were unidentified weapon errors. Next the shopkeepers have no money and no items. Other than that it looks great, and I cant wait to see it updated!

Could I have some screenshots? Especially for the city owned by the son-in-law thing.

- apparently I can read anything... even dried meat.

Fixed.

- faction icons for new faction do not display properly on the faction menu.

Fixed.

This has the potential to be one of the best mods on this forum.  I'm a HUGE fan of how invading factions can become real ones, so much so that I created an account just to comment on it!

I believe that the invading armies add such a great variety to the game.  It's a wonderful breath of fresh air into Warband!  I would love to see even more invading factions added, eventually!  The Amazons could easily form a Queendom, the Foreign Expeditions become a Dynasty, and the Syndicate could reasonably become a capitalist Oligarchy.  Hell, it'd be interesting to see one of the great mercenary companies, like the Dawn Sisters or the Steel Company, grow bored with the mercenary life and try their hand at ruling instead  :twisted:

As much as I'd love to see even more invading factions, I feel like they should also be slightly less common.  By day 50, I had five invaders that had established footholds.  By day 100, there were eight new kingdoms, total.  As cool as they are, when they're THAT common, it really takes the focus away from the six main factions.  If they were rarer, it'd be that much more special when the invaders show up!

I haven't seen many bugs, myself.  The one gripe I've had is with entering in to battle; sometimes, it appears that a graphic or texture doesn't load correctly, and everything lags to the point of needing to restart the game to continue.  I have no idea which texture/graphic causes this problem.  If it helps you look for the problem, the last instance was when I joined the Order of the Sun for a siege against the County of Geroia, at one of the initially-Rhodok castles.

I really hope you keep up the great work, Deathwhisper.  I know your initial efforts will be in fixing bugs and tweaking existing content, as it should be; but with refinements and expansions on the content (especially the invaders!), this could very well be the coolest mod for Warband, ever.

Yiazmad said:
This has the potential to be one of the best mods on this forum.  I'm a HUGE fan of how invading factions can become real ones, so much so that I created an account just to comment on it!
You and me brother! :grin: because of this mod I suddenly became moddb and taleworlds forum active. lol

apparently this happens to many cities. I believe there is also one in Halmar and a few scattered cities. haven't note the list, sorry.

As much as I'd love to see even more invading factions, I feel like they should also be slightly less common
I support this. they are a little too common for immersion and roleplaying IMO, but I'm certainly enjoying the chaos in my gameplay. :razz: (only sarranid and khergit survived - and there are 10+ factions playing)

I also noticed that some shield doesn't have the shield bash animation. I was using steel shield (the small circle one) in case it helps. Also, deployable pavise is very rare that I never found one. (can AI use it too?)

v0.5.2 has been released! Currently the download link is available on the nexus : http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5939/ (

It should be on moddb as well relatively soon.

Changelog :

New features

- Added an option at game start to cut in half the amount of hostile parties spawned. It should make the beggining of the game easier for those who find it too difficult.
- Troops recruited from villages owned by an invading faction will now offer the troops of that invading faction (except for the Kolkar Clan, for balance reasons).

Bug fixes

- Fixed the crossbow skill of Geroian Crossbowmen.
- Fixed a bug with the looting scripts of minor faction armies that would spam error messages.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from creating an enterprise in some towns.- Fixed a bug that made dried meat, wool and other trade goods readable.
- Fixed the extra hp granted to the player and his companions in battle (you will still see your hp bar as full even if you haven't got 100% of your hp, unfortunately there is no way I can fix that).
- The banner of minor factions is now properly displayed in the faction notes menu.
- Master craftsmen now wear clothes.
- Fixed the helmet of some nord lords to look more nord like.

As much as I'd love to see even more invading factions, I feel like they should also be slightly less common.  By day 50, I had five invaders that had established footholds.  By day 100, there were eight new kingdoms, total.  As cool as they are, when they're THAT common, it really takes the focus away from the six main factions.  If they were rarer, it'd be that much more special when the invaders show up!

That's surprising, when I was testing the mod there weren't that many factions and they usually had trouble surviving. Did all invading factions survive in your game? I could also reduce the spawn rate of the armies (it's easiest solution).

The one gripe I've had is with entering in to battle; sometimes, it appears that a graphic or texture doesn't load correctly, and everything lags to the point of needing to restart the game to continue.  I have no idea which texture/graphic causes this problem.  If it helps you look for the problem, the last instance was when I joined the Order of the Sun for a siege against the County of Geroia, at one of the initially-Rhodok castles.

There probably isn't much to be done about that, outside of reducing texture quality, especially in large battles.

I also noticed that some shield doesn't have the shield bash animation. I was using steel shield (the small circle one) in case it helps. Also, deployable pavise is very rare that I never found one. (can AI use it too?)

I'll take a look at the shield bash code.

the enterprise bug is happening a lot for me too.

It's been fixed with v0.5.2

Deathwhisper said:
v0.5.2 has been released! Currently the download link is available on the nexus : http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5939/ (

Changelog :

New features

- Added an option at game start to cut in half the amount of hostile parties spawned. It should make the beggining of the game easier for those who find it too difficult.
- Troops recruited from villages owned by an invading faction will now offer the troops of that invading faction (except for the Kolkar Clan, for balance reasons).

Bug fixes

- Fixed a bug with the looting scripts of minor faction armies that would spam error messages.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from creating an enterprise in some towns.- Fixed a bug that made dried meat, wool and other trade goods readable.
- Fixed the extra hp granted to the player and his companions in battle (you will still see your hp bar as full even if you haven't got 100% of your hp, unfortunately there is no way I can fix that).
- The banner of minor factions is now properly displayed in the faction notes menu.

That's surprising, when I was testing the mod there weren't that many factions and they usually had trouble surviving. Did all invading factions survive in your game? I could also reduce the spawn rate of the armies (it's easiest solution).

The one gripe I've had is with entering in to battle; sometimes, it appears that a graphic or texture doesn't load correctly, and everything lags to the point of needing to restart the game to continue.  I have no idea which texture/graphic causes this problem.  If it helps you look for the problem, the last instance was when I joined the Order of the Sun for a siege against the County of Geroia, at one of the initially-Rhodok castles.

There probably isn't much to be done about that, outside of reducing texture quality, especially in large battles.

great work^^ is this patch savegame compatible

mutenroshie said:
Deathwhisper said:

Changelog :

New features

Bug fixes

great work^^ is this patch savegame compatible

Unfortunately it is not.

There is a very game breaking glitch, when you press TAB in a fight but  deny retreating you and your horse regain complete health.

I've played the mod for a few hours and the only thing stopping me from playing this all day is the freezing. The game slowed to 0.20 fps four times while I was playing. The first happened when I exited after looking at all of the items. The second happened when I was about to go into battle. The third was when I got to the looting screen after a battle. The fourth happened when after exiting the character screen during battle. I don't know if it's my computer, being in Freelancer, or the mod itself.

I want the new factions to be fleshed out more. Right now they just feel like a generic invading faction. Maybe with the companion quests that were originally planned for Floris.

This is a very wonderful mod otherwise and might be one of my favorite mods to play once the bugs are fixed.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a minor complaint I have.

I really dislike routing in this and is there any way to tweak the scripts.txt to turn it off?  I dug around a bit, but I don't know quite how it works and was wondering if anyone could help me out?  Some of the battlefields are particularly large, making routing enemies a big issue with an all infantry army, prolonging battles into an extra 3 or 4 minutes of waiting while my troops trail after a single routing enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom