Russia 1812

Users who are viewing this thread

Cheweymeister said:
hi its me one of your biggest fans :smile: can you tell us when the next update is coming out? and on the side note i feel like getting into modding can someone help me learn the baby steps and such?
I don't know the next update of this mod, but if you want to try a hand at modding, there are plenty of useful things you can find here on the forum. Modding M&B is a big thing actually, there are modelling, texturing, data handling, coding, animating, mapping, scene making, history (if making a historical mod) and tons of other fields. Don't expect to fulfil all these fields on your first modding attempt, but start slowly. Here is a link for a start :smile: : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html.

As a personal advice, I would suggest starting on data handling first. Data handling involves changing values (damage, accuracy, etc.) and is very easy, if not the easiest start. Of course, I would suggest you get Morgh's Editor and TweakMB to further ease the process.

Morgh's Editor : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=105928.0
TweakMB : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=101731.0

P.S. I will suggest editing text files first, and once you are more familiar with the process, move on to the Module System.
:smile: Happy Modding!

AND DON'T EDIT YOUR NATIVE FOLDER! MAKE FREQUENT BACKUPS!

Zirkhovsky said:
Cheweymeister said:
hi its me one of your biggest fans :smile: can you tell us when the next update is coming out? and on the side note i feel like getting into modding can someone help me learn the baby steps and such?
I don't know the next update of this mod, but if you want to try a hand at modding, there are plenty of useful things you can find here on the forum. Modding M&B is a big thing actually, there are modelling, texturing, data handling, coding, animating, mapping, scene making, history (if making a historical mod) and tons of other fields. Don't expect to fulfil all these fields on your first modding attempt, but start slowly. Here is a link for a start :smile: : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html.

As a personal advice, I would suggest starting on data handling first. Data handling involves changing values (damage, accuracy, etc.) and is very easy, if not the easiest start. Of course, I would suggest you get Morgh's Editor and TweakMB to further ease the process.

Morgh's Editor : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=105928.0
TweakMB : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=101731.0

P.S. I will suggest editing text files first, and once you are more familiar with the process, move on to the Module System.
:smile: Happy Modding!

AND DON'T EDIT YOUR NATIVE FOLDER! MAKE FREQUENT BACKUPS!

thx for the fast feedback i am going to have lots of trouble i know it but ill get there thx again (from one of your biggest fans:smile: )

What module is it? To have volley fire, the module must be v1.153 and you must activate "advanced formations" in module.ini.

Currently this mod does not have volley fire included.  :sad:

P.S. I am not the developer of this mod. poomtang & Keryyn is.

I think you might have mistaken "Fire at will" and "Hold your Fire". As far as I know, I don't think there is volley fire in this module.

The only volley like fire order i know of is the one called ... volley fire :p ! F6 - F7 if i remember correctly. There's no such thing as wait for my signal to fire, BUT volley fire DOES work. AI will wait for most of your platoon to be ready then fire when at least one enemy is within the calculated range of your musket line.

AI actually uses that order if you activate "special orders for AI" in camp menu/PBOD config. Outlaws never use formations, but i think they may use volley fire however. AI even use skirmish, which makes them retreat if you try to close in on their battle line ( that's usually the best moment to launch cavalry against them, since enemies will keep moving backward reducing accuracy, increasing reloading time and killing volleys effectiveness !).

Enemies using skirmish mode is a good addition, but I just can't stand it when they retreat to the border lines and flee immediately!  :roll:

Zirkhovsky said:
Enemies using skirmish mode is a good addition, but I just can't stand it when they retreat to the border lines and flee immediately!  :roll:

I get what you're saying, but I'd have a laughing fit if, for example, Vaegir Marksman stood still against a charge of huscarls in native.... wait a moment! They do! I think that bit of the AI is what annoys me most in other mods, not fleeing even if clearly outclassed in melee. Taking it out improves the game a lot and makes battles a bit more realistic for that era.

Hi guys, i'm finally back on warband, using the russian models to improve things here and there ! Texture is made from scratch, using simple patterns and nothing is copy pasted except the "N" on the turnbacks of the jacket and the nice trouser texture/folds poomtang made for the russian infantry trouser-gaiters.

I have a few pics of what i was talking about when i said i would use the russian infantry model to make better french uniforms:
infanterienewc.jpg

infanterienewb.jpg

infanterienewa.jpg

It's not that bad ingame actually, i already made a few variants, they all have the gaiters painted, and separate shoes, with a little trick, there's no clipping issues between gaiters and shoes by the way. This is just french texutrres, but this model made by poomtang and slightly modified by me can be used for russians, prussians and french without issues ! A little more tweaks and it can befit the french guard uniforms too, and cavalry ones. Just need a little rework of the jacket size and front parts.

2013032300001.jpg

2013032300002.jpg

2013032300004.jpg

2013032300009.jpg

Main features are the shoulder sraps, missing from my previous updates on french uniforms, the shape of the cuffs is now better and design fits perfectly the historical appearance on french infantry jackets cuffs. The base texture can be used to make all the french infantry roster except for old guard, i need to shape up the undershirt somewhat, so it can be used for old guard, young guard, officers and cavalry. Belts have been reshaped too, texture is WIP though and normal mapping makes them looks like they're not made of smooth leather, i'll fix that later.

2013032300011.jpg

2013032300012.jpg

2013032300013.jpg

Backpacks are a mix of both the russian one made by poomtang, and the other designs added in beta II and III. It's still WIP, but i think it won't change much, except for texture quality needs. it's currently in 512*512, and i think i'll revert it to 1024*1024, with the possibily of multiple meshes for a single backpack texture (one texture file for 3 - 6 backpack variants, at least for the ammo pouch symbol). Using this uniform shape and texture styl,e prussians will be the next ones to get updated, russians will be improved too, buttons were too big and not properly placed on jackets, and there's a few more things i need to correct.

Back with others pics, so far the remake of the infantry uniforms is looking better than i hoped. French line infantry is complete with grenadier, fusiliers, chasseurs, voltigeurs. I made a new uniform to replace the old tirailleur one i was using in beta IV, it was about time, since i really wanted this design ingame, of course back in 1815 most infantry soldiers wore their trousers above the gaiters, more convenient this way.

But i'm about to merge a model to replace the trousers/gaiters with a long trouser, just like it was at waterloo, only the pants will change, jacket are ready so it will be fitting for both the middle years of the Empire and the last ones ! Eventually, ubber elite french infantry will use the 1815 designs with blue trousers or the white ones.

National guard will have it's own design with white trousers/gaiters, without a few details like the "N" on the turnbacks and a simpler backpack.
A3AC20A88A3DC66D90A6A6033C9AD78A6E0006EB

20B9CE93BD08236C83B97A2309E6BBCBD3917CD1

BD61DB640DE229E159028147DA686A8455F32FD8

1BAD77170DAE95D759A799443E5B59AFD89C4A1D

C0964A0C4EE75461477918F6A6030EF3A9D34D56

3F08D0F97ADF2EE4AD685AA056A7D9EC120B8E2D

8197B5B890C96CD48EA739C06B34A6DC50D1D96E

Using the same style as the russian infantry and officers models by poomtang, i reworked one of them, made a new uvmap using the unwrap ability of wings 3d and here we go ! Texture is made from a completely blank uvmap, only the short gaiters are from the original texture uploaded by poomtang ! I have improved the normal map of some russian troops, but i'm not satisfied with the skins so i'll make them new and better looking for almost every troops. The pavlosk grenadier miter cap is totally hardcore to paint, i'm looking for good picture of the plate pattern but i can't find any !!
128E5E52E1CD67CFB73E9D286044671AE67ED6FE

AABA931CDE4F9F566E5C558BB786E7670A21737C

2800140DCFC9F3DDACC2EEFA0C337EC275F1A78A

D3363FBF5929B96E4016E3B44C2126DD9D87367E

1F0F4318391059CA5E559CE5211211F7C12E7746

A20B38DAEDE0FEC4F3D5BAC970DBAA2448CA879C
Backpacks are not the final one, they need a new texture for the ammo pouch to reflect old guard design, even though it is said some old guard grenadiers had the young guard style with the lone eagle, as they were former young guard soldiers and didn't have time to change it i guess ... Oh and nevermind the russian troops on the background ^^, just a test for the uniforms so my army was still russian hehe !

Keryyn said:
The pavlosk grenadier miter cap is totally hardcore to paint, i'm looking for good picture of the plate pattern but i can't find any !!

Centered view with Imperial Eagle, crown, "God is With Us" ribbon, and Moscow coat of arms
4nsBPzZ.jpg

Wearer's right-hand side with septre and decorative grenade - the hand-writing was added by the present owners
DBnBqCC.jpg

Wearer's left-hand side with orb-and-cross and decorative grenade (damaged)
xlGiceU.jpg

Some surviving specimens have the first and last name (or just the last) of their original wearer stamped on the bottom, this one does not. The bullet holes are deliberately preserved as is, as tokens of pride.

Back
Top Bottom