Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Welcome to Morgh's Mount & Blade WB/WFAS Editor - official thread!

Current version is v1.50

This tool supports powerful editing of TXT compiled files AND ALSO the Python module system!

Python module system editors (Warband only!):

- module_items.py
- module_troops.py
- module_party_templates.py

Compiled TXT editors (Warband / With Fire And Sword):

- troops.txt
- factions.txt
- parties.txt
- party_template.txt
- item_kinds1.txt

Official Editor Page (with download link)

Official Editor Documentation

Official Editor FAQ Page

Download Page

Latest changes:

v1.50

General changes:

- Extended compatibility, troop and item editor can load more community modules
for example: "The last days of the third age"

Text item editor changes:

- Added flags to be compatible with Module System v1.165:
itp_covers_hair
itp_force_show_body
itp_force_show_left_hand
itp_force_show_right_hand
itp_cant_reload_while_moving_mounted
itp_has_upper_stab
itp_kill_info_mask

v1.40

Text item editor changes:

- Added WFAS v1.143 flags:
overswing_spear = 0x0020000000000000
overswing_musket = 0x0040000000000000
thrust_musket = 0x0080000000000000

- Marked the special WFAS capabilities and flags with " (WFAS) " behind their names

Module Sytem item editor changes:

- Removed WFAS flags, because the module system editor is only for M&B Warband!

v1.39

General changes:

- Module System editor is for Warband only!

Text / Module System item editor changes:

- Added v1.143 flags: itp_is_pike, itp_offset_musket, itp_no_blur

v1.38

General changes

- none

Text item editor changes

- Added multiple trigger handling (support now up to 5 triggers). I totally forgot that, so modules using items with more than one trigger (for example Brytenwalda: itm_torch) wasn't handled correctly by the editor. Saved item_kinds1.txt was damaged.

- Added code which identifies empty lines between item factions and item triggers. Now also item files from modules like Brytenwalda or Floris Mod Pack are loaded correctly. When saving item data, the empty lines will be removed, so the new file size is a bit less than the original.

- Reorganized whole form: Factions list is now bigger than before, also the trigger field. Lists have been reduced in height.

- Changed label above the item list which shows the count of items. It displays the count of items without entry 0: itm_no_item

And the last change, which will makes a few people happy:

- Item editor now fits better into 1024x768 screen size (without start menu - just set this to fade out, if you use the editor!)

v1.37

- Raised program version to Warband / With Fire & Sword v1.143

- Fixed a simple but annoying bug while loading the map_icons.txt to the "combo box" at the text parties editor. The Fire and Sword addon has a few map icons using two lines which was ignored by my editor. This was resulting in shifting up the other icons in the list by one position, so the parties has been shown the wrong map icon.

v1.36

General

- Changed program name to "Morgh's Mount & Blade WB/WFAS Editor"
- Raised program version to Warband / With Fire & Sword v1.142
- Fixed a few minor bugs
- Added html links (to the RAR archive !!!) to the quick documentation and FAQ page

v1.35

General

- Fixed a couple of bugs, also at party templates editor (problem with just added new troops)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rath0s said:
Good work, but the troopeditor by HookieBT is already covering these files except the factions file.

Is there any difference with this?

Morgh's editor is similar to mine, but I personally like the look of his better.  I think his GUI is designed better and he has some features like filtering troops & items, adding new troops, and changing the faction colors that mine doesn't have.  Plus, I don't plan on working on mine more in the future so its possible he may even add additional features.  So from what I see so far I say great work and I'll add a link to this thread on my page when I have some free time later this weekend.  :smile:

Planned features:

- Adding new troops at the end of the list. I'm currently working at this. It will come tomorrow. You can link this with update path or party_templates.txt
- Quick editing features like (batch) copying a troops inventory to another one, clear inventory with one click, copy skill, and so on.

Swadian Man at Arms said:
I'll try it now.

Edit: Nice tool, but could you make it compatible with Vanilla M&B ? :smile:

If you mean Mount & Blade v1.011,  the difference is a simple zero in line 1 at every troop. I'll insert a M&B version check, in one of the next editor versions (today) :smile:

V0.830b is out.

I added it this morning ~06.00h a.m. (GMT+1). I was too tired to write something about that, but I will do now.

- Adding troops is now working. Using that feature you should know what you do! New troops can be used as upgrade path or in party_templates.txt

Now I will insert a delete function too, this will remove (every) last line of the list.
Found also a little bug with the color picker, sometimes it calaculates a negative value. I fix this today.

Morgh

v0.831 is out.

I have to do this, because there's a simple, but major bug with adding a new troop. Editor state doesn't change back from "add new" to "update", if you click on the list, after hit the "add" button. One of the simple things that are happening if you are only a human :grin:

Morgh said:
v0.831 is out.

I have to do this, because there's a simple, but major bug with adding a new troop. Editor state doesn't change back from "add new" to "update", if you click on the list, after hit the "add" button. One of the simple things that are happening if you are only a human :grin:

wow double thumbs up also id liek to add for people wondering no rush hes already crazy at it but WHen everything is done troop wise he will probably add a item editor to the tool that will be the ultimate editing tool :razz:

In other word will these troop have to be assign as a already existing kingdom troops or can they be independant ?

JUst a question for the add troop feature  how do I make these  avalaible to me it is possible for me to create a new  Base unit ( recruit ) that offer my own tech tree ? ( for that I would need to be able to assign them like as a *sixth kindmon per exemple*  my ideai is that once I can edit the map I would only add One castle to it and this castle would be independant from the est of the realm and that where I want these unique troops to be

Edit : I jsut tried the latest version lets say I go On king Harlaus and I want to boost his Hp the only way is by improving ironflesh . I tried both 8 and 12 as value then I click update its sucessful then when I click save I get a runtime error 75 any idea ?

Snutze said:
Edit : I jsut tried the latest version lets say I go On king Harlaus and I want to boost his Hp the only way is by improving ironflesh . I tried both 8 and 12 as value then I click update its sucessful then when I click save I get a runtime error 75 any idea ?

Increasing ironflesh, update it, and saving won't raise a error here.
Saving data would not affect any variables, its just printing the variables to a file, line by line.  If the program can't save, then there is a wrong path, write protected file, or else. But I forgot error handling in the save routine, so I will take a look on this.

Can you recontruct this error every time, or is that just a one-time error?

Edit: Error 75 is raising if you have problems with the path/file.  Check your settings and don't open the file in other programs at the same time.

Very nice work...my only request might be for adding troops to have the data prepopulated (maybe with whatever troop is currently selected).

This would then allow for building upgrades without having to constantly go back and forth between the new troop and the old one to make sure everything is updated.

Also, any thoughts of building an item editor as well?  I know the warband modding community is chomping at the bit for one.

bunnyhop said:
Very nice work...my only request might be for adding troops to have the data prepopulated (maybe with whatever troop is currently selected).

This would then allow for building upgrades without having to constantly go back and forth between the new troop and the old one to make sure everything is updated.

Also, any thoughts of building an item editor as well?  I know the warband modding community is chomping at the bit for one.

Great idea, and very simple to do :smile:

No, items now version 2, and I don't know the flags. Haven't looked for that to figure anything out.

YA didnt have that error before but it sasy path/file error  but  I mena If I can read the info and access all the data the path has to be good and yes I get that every single time I didnt have that problem before wierd OO maybe you changed the way info are saved and now because windows 7 doesn't provide admin power by default sometime he prevent em from modifying  files ( wich is kinda annoying )

Edit: problem fixed to avoid this I need to right click your program and manually select run as administrator otherwise he prevent me from changing the initial file wich is why your program is blocked

v0.840b released...

- You can now delete troops (always the last entry in the list). This is mainly a function to delete what you added.
- Added new troops are now based on a selected troop (template)
- Clear inventory function (menu -> edit)
- Fixed a few bugs
- Added better error handling, but I hope that wasn't necessary :smile:

Download Page

Snutze said:
YA didnt have that error before but it sasy path/file error  but  I mena If I can read the info and access all the data the path has to be good and yes I get that every single time I didnt have that problem before wierd OO maybe you changed the way info are saved and now because windows 7 doesn't provide admin power by default sometime he prevent em from modifying  files ( wich is kinda annoying )

Edit: problem fixed to avoid this I need to right click your program and manually select run as administrator otherwise he prevent me from changing the initial file wich is why your program is blocked

I disabled the UAC (User Admin Control). I hate this bull****. My PC is behind a software and a hardware firewall, and I never got a virus or spyware or else in the last 14 years, and I'm not running any protection software.  You can do this by run msconfig.exe. -> Tools.  But be careful with that!
The only virus crashed my hole HDD was Parity.Boot.B in 1996, this one killed the MBR (master boot record) and the partition file table. has done a lot of damage ;(

Great job with the fast updates.  I do have a quick question.

I attempted to create a new calvary troop type.  Basically cloned the swadian man_at_arms.  Changed names, stats and inventory...ensured a horse was guaranteed, horse in inventory and mounted was checked.

However, in game the troop is set as infantry and the troops are not mounted in the battle.

I am not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something besides those settings.  Would you be able to run a quick test and see if you have a similar problem?

bunnyhop said:
Great job with the fast updates.  I do have a quick question.

I attempted to create a new calvary troop type.  Basically cloned the swadian man_at_arms.  Changed names, stats and inventory...ensured a horse was guaranteed, horse in inventory and mounted was checked.

However, in game the troop is set as infantry and the troops are not mounted in the battle.

I am not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something besides those settings.  Would you be able to run a quick test and see if you have a similar problem?

Yes I can do. Is there a horse in inventory?
Send troops.txt to [email protected]

But give me a few minutes, I'm afk for a while.

Edit: Sorry I overlooked that with the horse in the inventory. Is there a riding skill > 0 ?

Morgh said:
Yes I can do. Is there a horse in inventory?
Send troops.txt to [email protected]

But give me a few minutes, I'm afk for a while.

Edit: Sorry I overlookt that with the horse in the inventory. Is there a riding skill > 0 ?

Riding is at 3 and two different horses in inventory.  I've emailed the troops.txt for you.

Back
Top Bottom