Running speed on foot is capped, is this intentional?

Users who are viewing this thread

Seafoodking

Recruit
@Callum @mexxico

Hi, can you confirm with me if the cap for running speed on foot is intentionally capped? I have run multiple tests, and I'm confirmed that there is no more speed movement bonus after reaching approximately 165 athletics, or +10%. Even if you have reached 300+ there's no bonus to the movement speed.

Really? That would be fantastic news. I always feared that the unnatural speediness after reaching a certain level of Athletics would grow more and more.

Speed should be kept in a reasonable range, but a hard cap making the skill pointless after a certain level is not the way I would go with. I'd rather make it give less speed bonus per point so we get the max speed at the skill cap, keeping each point as useful as the previous one.

Speed should be kept in a reasonable range, but a hard cap making the skill pointless after a certain level is not the way I would go with. I'd rather make it give less speed bonus per point so we get the max speed at the skill cap, keeping each point as useful as the previous one.

It should be 10% at 165 athletics and then after that you get a ridiculous low amount each level like 0.2%. This way it's not hard caped but you'll only get another 3.3% after another 165 atheltics.

It should be 10% at 165 athletics and then after that you get a ridiculous low amount each level like 0.2%. This way it's not hard caped but you'll only get another 3.3% after another 165 atheltics.
I suppose you are off a decimal (because 0,2 % x 165 is more 33 % than 3,3 ^^), but yeah they could do it in steps.
Like 0,07 % for the first 100 points (for a total of +7 % at 100), then 0,05 % for the next 100 point (so a total of +12 % at 200) and then 0,03 % for the 100 last points (total of +15 % at 300).
That would make Athletics always helping with speed, without making characters bullets.

Its because people wanted to be quicker without having to train Agility and wear heavy armor, so they highered it earlier is my guess..What they also knew was that you then with that tweak you got as fast as an horse later on which would have broken the game and people would have counter complained about realism not realizing pushing their movement speed with heavy armor in the beginning made this happen, But this is just speculations from my end how i see the campaigning where done before from horse riders wanting better combat speed on foot without having to work for it or put skill points in athletics

Last edited:
Really? That would be fantastic news. I always feared that the unnatural speediness after reaching a certain level of Athletics would grow more and more.

Agreed. I absolutely hated how you turn into The Flash after about 170 athletics. It became painful to run.

I suppose you are off a decimal (because 0,2 % x 165 is more 33 % than 3,3 ^^), but yeah they could do it in steps.
Like 0,07 % for the first 100 points (for a total of +7 % at 100), then 0,05 % for the next 100 point (so a total of +12 % at 200) and then 0,03 % for the 100 last points (total of +15 % at 300).
That would make Athletics always helping with speed, without making characters bullets.

Yeah I meant 0.02% :wink:

I think it's ok , it just needs increase health after 170. Athletic tree is very useful and have rewarding perks. Alas, I die from the old age sooner than I max out athletic. But I heard there is a way: during the siege while you are defender , above the main gate you can find a cobblestone and gently put it on a head of someone who crowding by the gate ( few times this unlucky guy was me ), and that will boost your athleticism.
I can't confirm that though.
But I can confirm throwing skill boost while successfull use of siege machines.

I think it's ok , it just needs increase health after 170. Athletic tree is very useful and have rewarding perks. Alas, I die from the old age sooner than I max out athletic. But I heard there is a way: during the siege while you are defender , above the main gate you can find a cobblestone and gently put it on a head of someone who crowding by the gate ( few times this unlucky guy was me ), and that will boost your athleticism.
I can't confirm that though.
But I can confirm throwing skill boost while successfull use of siege machines.
If you want to be an expert in Ahtletics top agility to 10 and 5 on athletics straight away then just run on foot on map and fight on foot in every battle. The more you kill the better :wink:

The athletics gained from that is usually not worth the loss of speed. And it also makes running around in villages etc kinda painful.
I would just dismount in battles.
You dont loose that much speed (you actually gain speed like riding skill if im not mistaken). If you have horses to cover it up you still go for a good amount to catch whatever you like. Personally i see no difference by riding around on an horse then running around on map in the whole campaign except if you have cavalry with you ofc. I could be wrong on that when it comes to riding skill/athletic and had scouting skill instead affecting it

Last edited:
I've always felt like athletics should be about negating armor penalties on foot and not about making your actual top speed better. It's kind of unrealistic we go from running like an arthritic grandfather to Usain Bolt.

Perhaps, this suggestion is good. A reduced effects at high skill points just like in real life, when it is hard to improve when you are at the very top tier of the sport. Well, the TW don't even bother to reply. They don't give a **** about their players feedbacks.

If you want to be an expert in Ahtletics top agility to 10 and 5 on athletics straight away then just run on foot on map and fight on foot in every battle. The more you kill the better :wink:
[
The athletics gained from that is usually not worth the loss of speed. And it also makes running around in villages etc kinda painful.
I would just dismount in battles.
You dont loose that much speed (you actually gain speed like riding skill if im not mistaken). If you have horses to cover it up you still go for a good amount to catch whatever you like. Personally i see no difference by riding around on an horse then running around on map in the whole campaign except if you have cavalry with you ofc. I could be wrong on that when it comes to riding skill/athletic and had scouting skill instead affecting it

Shinoobi doesn't pay attention to the numbers in the skill gain to know how pathetic and meaningless riding on the map is.
He's probably never got 300+ athletics
He probably doesn't know that hitting with a stab gives 10X the skill exp as a swing does.
Don't be a shinoobi

[

Shinoobi doesn't pay attention to the numbers in the skill gain to know how pathetic and meaningless riding on the map is.
He's probably never got 300+ athletics
He probably doesn't know that hitting with a stab gives 10X the skill exp as a swing does.
Don't be a shinoobi

Stop pretending to be an "Bad boy" like the others Ananda, it doesnt suit you and to be frank those guys are just rootless.
Be a better man and youll see that you will grow much stronger then pretending something that youre not and become rootless yourself in the end <3
giphy.gif

Let the doctor check your ears

Hmmm I'm a bit sad when I read this thread but I knew it would have come to this anway. Athletics was just too powerful after the perks for it were included. In kills per second, a 2h axe and athletics were too good. Much more risky, but better as an horse rider in any terms. I agree, that after a point, athletics should give less speed bonus. I disagree with the cap, in any way and Form. A cap on a skill is just ....

Hmmm I'm a bit sad when I read this thread but I knew it would have come to this anway. Athletics was just too powerful after the perks for it were included. In kills per second, a 2h axe and athletics were too good. Much more risky, but better as an horse rider in any terms. I agree, that after a point, athletics should give less speed bonus. I disagree with the cap, in any way and Form. A cap on a skill is just ....

My current athletics is at 290ish, and I can tell you that after pass 200ish, the % gain on movement speed is slower on the numbers, like 0.01% per 2 skill points, whereas earlier on it's 0.01%/skill point. I also think that after reaching high skill points, leveling should be harder, but hard cap is a stupid idea.

Back
Top Bottom