Riding Skill when creating character?

Users who are viewing this thread

SirLunchAlot

Recruit
Why is there still a "Riding" skill and a skill called "The Way of the Rider" when I create my character?  Is this a glitch?  I think this is messing up my riding skill.

SirLunchAlot said:
Why is there still a "Riding" skill and a skill called "The Way of the Rider" when I create my character?  Is this a glitch?  I think this is messing up my riding skill.

The Way of the Rider is also known as Horse Archery.

The descriptions should pretty much say what they are. This one confused me too, but after reading the description it was clear.

Marche said:
The descriptions should pretty much say what they are. This one confused me too, but after reading the description it was clear.

To be honest, I had to look it up myself.  I still refer to the original skill names with most of my in-game tooltips (such as the stat bonuses).  I was just too lazy to convert them to the new names when I did my work.... I admit it.  :smile:

OK that makes sense, thank you for the response.

Is there something different with the horses or with riding skill between this mod and native?  I put my riding skill up to 4, bought a heavy charger, and I can barely get him up to a full gallop to drop my lance into couched position.  Any minor rise or drop in elevation and I lose my couched position.

Hehe, my bad. I should have made that bit clearer. To be honest, I wanted to change bonuses they give as well, but that is beyond me without some very lengthy workarounds. We might even just reset it altogether.

Back
Top Bottom