Retreating part of your army during battle?

Users who are viewing this thread

I wonder how difficult it would be to allow players to order some of their troops to retreat from battle.

This mostly comes up during offensive sieges. Your archers shoot all of their arrows, then they are useless. It would be nice to be able to order them to retreat from battle, so they could be replaced with some non-useless troops.

Anyone else thought about this?

You can just select the archer units and tell them to move back to a certain location to achieve that same effect. A retreat key would certainly make it easier but then you'd have to figure out how they retreat. Does the button send them back a certain distance or just make the AI backup until safely out of combat?

In small battles, that works. In larger battles, where you are over the limit cap on men, archers that you move to the rear still take up space and prevent replacements from coming in.

There should be a command that you can order for archers to retreat from the battlefield ( be removed entirely ) when they are out of ammo. I don't think Taleworlds will include it because they went through all the effort of making archers able to pick up arrows from the battlefield to put into their quiver. Maybe they could do the same with a sword and shield if no arrows are present. What I would like is the ability to choose which units follow me into battle. I don't need stationary archers joining mid-fight when I'm fighting the Kuzait horse archers.

Can our troops be move back while still look in front the enemy? Because it would be annoying if they turn around and the enemy archers shoot them in the back.

You can still retreat your entire army, and then conduct another assault a day or three later (depending on ladders or siege tower). Being able to send your archers away, have them replaced by melee troops or fresh archers, and continue fighting would be a bit exploitive for the attacker, since the defenders can't do the same.

Back
Top Bottom