Restrictions?

Users who are viewing this thread

-Why are there limits on the number of shops we can own?
-Why is there a cap on the number of companions I can have?
-Why can't I select the exact troops I want for a bandit camp raid?
-Why are there restrictions on what I can don for clothing in towns?
-Why do I have to upgrade ridiculous tactic upgrades (auto resolve bonuses) to be able to place my troops before a battle?

I could go on....

This is getting away from being a sandbox game and into a hold your hand RPG. Can someone from TW explain why they think this is a good direction?

The game is beautiful, the battles are fun, the sieges will get be improved and be glorious....

but I cannot stand this *You can't do this* stuff....

Yeah I'm disliking the caps on companions and workshops although workshop cap can be increased by leveling you clan up

The thing with this is that it should related to the player's ability "sandbox". If TW felt the need to cap workshops than the economy is too easy. I feel it is anyway once you get one workshop up and running.

There already are a couple of mods on Nexus that fix some of these issues. We probably can expect more in the future.

There already are a couple of mods on Nexus that fix some of these issues. We probably can expect more in the future.
It's just comical that people are pumping out obvious fixes and mods not even a week after release, meanwhile the game's been in dev cycles for god knows how long

It's just comical that people are pumping out obvious fixes and mods not even a week after release, meanwhile the game's been in dev cycles for god knows how long
Looks like they're doing it Bethesda style.
"The moders will fix it for us anyway"

I dont know how it is possible to have such a disastrous early access release on stupid mistakes. If they just had added the singleplayer to the beta they could have fixed so much stuff easily and without pressure. Right now they are focused on solving the crashes to satisfy the fellas who bought a game they cant play, but if they had done some testing in the beta they could have focused on actually leaving the game in a respetable state back then, and now they could focus on crashes without also having to fix the game.

We have so much stupid stuff that can get easily fix: Armors not appearing, archer units with 0 bow skills, overpriced crossbows, ranged units not firing, the bandit hideout unit selection, not getting XP on tournaments, the encyclopedia being hard to access through UI, bad UI at reporting battle casualties, should get back to the warband text one.

Then there is the other major issue that is the balancing factions which could be addressed fairly easily too:

Put restrictions to lords defecting, can be done in several ways that could work good enough to send it to an EA launch

Give AI lords buffs on income, they are not players, they dont get to make money the same way we do, they need to just get a basic income just like in Total War games, just give them basic income based on clan renown.

Make AI wars under a specific objetive. To slow the wars down they should make war with a predefined objetive, being that taking X city or castle from the enemy, or maybe if a faction starts growing too much in numbers making the objective to make enough casualties to keep them in check, etc, and one that objective is fulfilled or the war takes too long, peace.

The fact that modders are fixing the game in under 48 hours just by changing a few lines of files shows that there should have been a proper beta testing before this.

I dont know how it is possible to have such a disastrous early access release on stupid mistakes. If they just had added the singleplayer to the beta they could have fixed so much stuff easily and without pressure. Right now they are focused on solving the crashes to satisfy the fellas who bought a game they cant play, but if they had done some testing in the beta they could have focused on actually leaving the game in a respetable state back then, and now they could focus on crashes without also having to fix the game.

We have so much stupid stuff that can get easily fix: Armors not appearing, archer units with 0 bow skills, overpriced crossbows, ranged units not firing, the bandit hideout unit selection, not getting XP on tournaments, the encyclopedia being hard to access through UI, bad UI at reporting battle casualties, should get back to the warband text one.

Then there is the other major issue that is the balancing factions which could be addressed fairly easily too:

Put restrictions to lords defecting, can be done in several ways that could work good enough to send it to an EA launch

Give AI lords buffs on income, they are not players, they dont get to make money the same way we do, they need to just get a basic income just like in Total War games, just give them basic income based on clan renown.

Make AI wars under a specific objetive. To slow the wars down they should make war with a predefined objetive, being that taking X city or castle from the enemy, or maybe if a faction starts growing too much in numbers making the objective to make enough casualties to keep them in check, etc, and one that objective is fulfilled or the war takes too long, peace.

The fact that modders are fixing the game in under 48 hours just by changing a few lines of files shows that there should have been a proper beta testing before this.
It just feels like we're doing beta testing now, after buying the game.

It just feels like we're doing beta testing now, after buying the game.
I dont care about paying for the game in its current state, I worry that they didnt expect such huge sales and now there must be more than a million people playing a broken game, and if they were not warband fans or people who followed the game's developing process, they will get frustrated and Bannerlord's state and give the game a bad review based on a failed launch.

Back
Top Bottom