[research] macedonia

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

FrisianDude

Archduke
M&BWB
Best answers
Gothic Knight said:
Interesting, what is the diameter of an aspis?
Round to slightly oval in outline, normally 80cm to 1 m in diameter and approximately 7.5 kg weight, its characteristic features are a convex profile and a robust, offset, outer rim.

FALX

Master Knight
Best answers
Still Let me now add a few interesting pictures. Sorry for the mixed Greek and Macedonian soldiers. These pictures are mainly devoted to the participants of the battle of Chaeronea.

Hanz

Hello guys

I have two Osprey books covering the Republican Romans and the Macedonians after Alexander. If you want to ask any questions I would be glad to answer.
Here's a pic of the Macedonian King Philip V and Amyntas, son of Alexandros, 197 BC.

rgcotl

Count
M&BWB
Best answers
well we would like at least to see more refereces from that current book cause we self do not have it

Hanz

Well here's the book.
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/store/Macedonian-Armies-after-Alexander-323%E2%80%93168-BC_9781849087148

rgcotl

Count
M&BWB
Best answers
well we do not really going to buy it so if u could post some screens that would be much better help :smile:

Best answers
Got damnit, I posted all the screenshots from that book, but now the images doesnt work so I removed it  :???:
I'm posting it if it somehow works later  :smile:

Hanz

rgcotl said:
well we do not really going to buy it so if u could post some screens that would be much better help :smile:
Macedonian armies after Alexander is a disappointment when it comes to pictures. Just a couple of Guards in of-duty clothing.

rgcotl

Count
M&BWB
Best answers
well for some crappy words theres no point to buy that book at all
google is the storage of info and that is free

Hanz

rgcotl said:
Only if you want C grade information  :razz: Nearly impossible to find good information about the Seleucids on the internet however  :neutral:

Hanz

rgcotl said:
well till 2014 or even 15 we had no dreams to start doing the Seleucids
I was just talking about my interest in the Seleucids. The only good sources I have is an old book, a video talking about Successor kings in the bible and Rome total war mods.

Seek n Destroy

Marquis
WBWF&S
Best answers
Hanz said:
rgcotl said:
Only if you want C grade information  :razz: Nearly impossible to find good information about the Seleucids on the internet however  :neutral:
I have two hundred pages of "Antigonid Military Organization" thanks to Sire Faras, only read ~20 pages so far but it's quite interesting.