Requisition a garrison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Fubar_GOB

Recruit
I have noticed that if a castle is taken over by the army in a siege and you are rewarded it, there is a chance of gaining soldiers who were left there to defend the castle.  This is awesome, but if you are the one to take the castle, you have to drop off a mass of troops and then go and rebuild your army.  This can get relatively annoying, especially if you get several castles in succession.  My suggestion is to be able to requisition troops from the kingdom.  When managing the garrison, there could be a requisition button, which when pressed would bring you to a menu similar to the one used in custom battle.  You would be able to request troops of the three kinds (archers, cavalry, and infantry), specifying a set number of troops and then utilizing a slider bar system to determine the percentage of each type of troop.  In order to keep this from being "broken", the troops should cost money but at a slightly decreased amount because you are basically taking troops off the hands of the kingdom and taking on their costs.  Perhaps 10 gold for each cavalry, 6 gold for each archer and 4 gold for each infantry.  These prices could also vary based on troop grade, i.e. more expensive to receive a Swadian Knight than a Swadian Man at Arms.

The thing is when AI Lords capture a castle or a town... he leaves some of his forces inside the garrison to defend it..... You get the same option... but you don't do it.. do you ?

Karmine said:
The thing is when AI Lords capture a castle or a town... he leaves some of his forces inside the garrison to defend it..... You get the same option... but you don't do it.. do you ?

No, probably because I work hard to get those troops and train them up and it costs a lot of money. Lords just automatically get them and has a full army within a couple days and all they have to do is sit in a castle. If I leave all my troops in some city then I'm going to be vulnerable racing around trying to get an army. It just isn't fair  :wink:

Atamawood said:
Karmine said:

No, probably because I work hard to get those troops and train them up and it costs a lot of money. Lords just automatically get them and has a full army within a couple days and all they have to do is sit in a castle. If I leave all my troops in some city then I'm going to be vulnerable racing around trying to get an army. It just isn't fair  :wink:

AI Lords have to pay for their troops depending on difficulty... if you got Campaign Difficulty on easy they pay more, normal they pay medium and hard they little.

Karmine

If you will notice, I said that one has to drop off troops didn't I?  I am not suggesting that you be simply given troops, but that it be made a little easier for a person to get a garrison for a castle.  As I suggested, you would still have to pay for these men.  This feature would simply be an added feature to make it a littles easier to get a garrison for your castles, without having to run around rebuilding an army from scratch every time you get a castle.  If you don't like the idea, simply say so.  Please do not attempt to insult me because you think I don't know how to play the game.

What you are saying is, you should for example be able to select how many Archers, Cavalries and Infantries you would like to hire into garrison. Once done, for example, a leaflet is placed in every tavern in game, mercenaries waiting in the taverns see it, head to your castle and sign up for Guard duties.

This is exactly the same as going to all the Taverns yourself and hiring them, except you'd send out a recruitment leaflet so it'd be handled automatically, randomly, overtime allowing you to keep your army with you.

If this is what you mean... then, I agree.  :wink:

That is essentially the idea, but I was also thinking that the Kingdom might provide troops as well.  Perhaps from a back-store of troops, perhaps from towns that may have a surplus, say over 300.  Maybe just a donation of a few troops from any Lord willing, this could be random.  The idea would also be that since they are reporting for duty at a castle or town, they would cost less than they would if you hired them in a tavern.

there is a mod or tweak that has a recruiter npc that's running around recruit requested amount of troops for us. so I think this requisition can be easily done.  I also would like to see a training ground for soldiers in each castle so when we have many group of recruits we could get them to train melee for foot soldier, shooting for archers and horse riding for knightly.  Each will gain exp and lvl up base on the days they spent in training  but this is not easily code and the artwork is insaint,

I posted about this in seperate suggestion thread.

The detail I have a problem with is I can be joined by ally lords (if I start the siege myself) that together has like 1000 men and there still won't be anyone in the garrison once we've taken the place. Had I joined those ally lords in their siege there would've been one.

PROBLEM: As vassal and marshal you can't suggest ally lords to take places, you can only have them accompany you and you have to star the siege yourself. Even if there are 1000+ troops total in the host you attack with the garrison after victory will be 0. I'll be fine with 10% of troops drawn to the garrison if the other lords to that as well, just sa they would've if someone other than me had started the siege. Also, it's weird that you have an order (or then suggestion) option as just vassal but not as marshal.

Back
Top Bottom