Republics, and the path to deplomacy?

what style of diplomacy should be implemented into the game?

• a Total War style

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • a Crusader Kings 2 style

Votes: 21 67.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I know the game is not yet finished but a few things that came off the top of my head were why aren't the north and west empires governed like monarchies and not republics or alogarchies?
and I know diplomacy has been tossed around a lot and is highly requested to be put in the game. Many of the fans ask for something like a total war where the alliances are more or less controlled by the King. Verry few but some have stated they want a more CK2 type of diplomacy where alliances are formed on the basis of hostages and marriages. While I'm someone who would side with a decentralized diplomatic option (the CK2) I also want to know if the Devs have any plans and also what does the community thinks?

As far as I know, they don't have any plans for major diplomatic features like alliances, pacts, etc. The Diplomacy mod does a great job with these features, but in an ideal situation (other than TW actually implementing it themselves), one would have to wait until the game is finally "finished" before the mods really start going.

I prefer kings and leaders having a say in alliances/trade agreements/etc., as well as organic, natural/scripted occurrences like someone coming to your aid. But I would like different governments having different approaches to it. In a monarchy or authoritarian dictatorship, the king would have total control (but with consequences to relationships, etc.). In a senate republic, the council has more authority over matters.

According to TW Bannerlord is suppose to be simple type of game so I don't expect in deep democratic government type until the game is released and mods developed. I for one would love to see a workable Senate where players and NPCs debate and vote on policies. Not everyone's cup of tea so mod only.

Some of these policies would be diplomatic in nature.

(whew! .. saved it :smile:

Total War 'diplomacy' is a lesser evolution species compared to what we have in the game today.

Edit: Neither choice from the poll is good (IMO). We need more enjoyable (not necessarily complex) diplomacy features that will create a middle ground to "we strong, we crush" / missa weak, missa surrender.

Last edited:
Any one of the games in question has a diplomacy prepared for twenty or more factions, this game has half a dozen, there is no possible comparison.

Half a dozen with the possibility of rebellions, civil wars and the spawning of new factions.
No, there is no possibility of new factions spawning, and rebellious cities join already existing factions. And there is no indication that TW intends to ever change this.

TW was very clear about their vision for the diplomacy in Bannerlord. They do not believe that it needs a diplomacy system.

No, there is no possibility of new factions spawning, and rebellious cities join already existing factions. And there is no indication that TW intends to ever change this.

TW was very clear about their vision for the diplomacy in Bannerlord. They do not believe that it needs a diplomacy system.
I meant with mods. I already said in the first reply that TW has no intentions of adding real diplomacy.

Back
Top Bottom