Repositioning items to fit custom skeletons

Users who are viewing this thread

Jamiek

Veteran
Hi, I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for a tutorial on the subject of making items fit to custom skeletons.

For example, how would i stretch an existing item to fit a larger skull or body model? And how would I re-position a helmet to fit a shorter body rather than have it float in mid-air three feet above a dwarfs head?

Any help from anyone who has any time to spare this poor unfortunate ogre-brained dullard would be greatly appreciated............... :oops:

Jamiek said:
Hi, I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for a tutorial on the subject of making items fit to custom skeletons.

For example, how would i stretch an existing item to fit a larger skull or body model? And how would I re-position a helmet to fit a shorter body rather than have it float in mid-air three feet above a dwarfs head?

Any help from anyone who has any time to spare this poor unfortunate ogre-brained dullard would be greatly appreciated............... :oops:

Remake the item just for that mesh, scale the item and then move it up in 3d space, then re-import it into OpenBRF and see if it fits, repeat if necessary

Look into male/female frames in some vanilla armors.

Unfortunately helms and boots can't have multiple frames as far as I know. They reposition automatically according to head and feet bones so you won't have problems with location, but they can't be resized to fil larger head/feet. In the latter case separate items is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom