"Release the war elephants!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Just a humble hope that elephants will be a special treat ( completed, but purposely held back, until now ) in The Release in a couple of weeks.
As a nice reward for sticking with EA for these two and a half years.

Sounds like a lot of integrated work, but .......... also as a possible player mount ( third and first person ), in a howdah, shooting bows / crossbows, and throwing missiles, combat with lance / pike, elephant armour available, howdah can also accommodate a few hand - picked crew / companions, ( armoured ) mahout astride the elephant's neck, if mahout is killed elephant runs amok ( roaming the battlefield randomly), expensive and limited supply eg resourced from just a couple of south - eastern villages, so strategically not so steam-rollingly OP eg filling up armies with elephants, moves around battlefield at slow to brisk walk, etc.
Typical historical ( Indian ) war elephant ( so, " Aserai " ? - or whoever owns those villages ....... ) as per table - top wargaming .........

Playable elephants would be groundbreaking.
Please TW.

Anyone else for elephant development ?

update log: So far 118 views and yet not one " I like elephants too "............ I'm dumbofounded.

Last edited:
Have Husn Fulq's corner as the " elephant gateway ", with an upgrade of " elephant stables " applying to two local castles.
For most strategic interest I propose Tamnuh and Sahel Castles ; I see Shibal Zumr Castle as just a little too " front line " for this resource

This would be a nice echo of real Classical - Medieval " elephant power " geography, and would bring great strategic focus to this junction of Southern Empire, Aserai, and Khuzait ambition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom