Relations with notables are heritable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Apocal

Grandmaster Knight
I know a lot of people get mad when the game resets your progress in gaining relations from the early- and mid-game because notables can die. But they get replaced by a family member who inherits the same relations. I know I've posted this before and people said they didn't believe it, so I brought proof this time.

Taken from a twenty-year playthrough, the old headman died (RIP Dachan) and was replaced by his son. Or nephew. Or cousin, I don't know. The relations were intact though. It doesn't even seem like there was a penalty applied there -- with the caveat I judge relations by the number of slots and the unlocked slots are the same, so maybe there is a -3 or something but nothing big enough to cost me anything.

Although note that this is only for death, i.e. "So-and-so has died. They will be mourned by family and friends." It doesn't cover very weak notables just poofing -- those are still gone for good.

I know a lot of people get mad when the game resets your progress in gaining relations from the early- and mid-game because notables can die. But they get replaced by a family member who inherits the same relations. I know I've posted this before and people said they didn't believe it, so I brought proof this time.

Taken from a twenty-year playthrough, the old headman died (RIP Dachan) and was replaced by his son. Or nephew. Or cousin, I don't know. The relations were intact though. It doesn't even seem like there was a penalty applied there -- with the caveat I judge relations by the number of slots and the unlocked slots are the same, so maybe there is a -3 or something but nothing big enough to cost me anything.

Although note that this is only for death, i.e. "So-and-so has died. They will be mourned by family and friends." It doesn't cover very weak notables just poofing -- those are still gone for good.
Well that's good at least. Hopefully if a notable's power is so low for that long you're not missing anything much anyways when they get lost.

First thanks for this live-test @Apocal ^^
A nearly full inheritance won't be a good thing as it would remove the consistency of character's death.
But no doubt such balance will come later.

Back
Top Bottom