SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Which scene should I start working on next?

• Marshank Fort

Votes: 72 53.7%
  • The Farm by River Moss

Votes: 41 30.6%
  • Noonvale

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Other (post)

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can write me off as a team-member of this mod. Seeing the amount of time I have and other projects running, I am afraid I cannot mean much to you guys anymore :sad:.

EDIT: If you need any other small pieces, I can do some work for it though.

Can you at least share the work you've done so far? That way it can be finished by someone else.

I know the mod team on page one is terribly out of date, but who is actually working on this mod? Is it just me?

Mandible said:
Can you at least share the work you've done so far? That way it can be finished by someone else.

I know the mod team on page one is terribly out of date, but who is actually working on this mod? Is it just me?

Sure, I 'll send anything to Ares or you, whatever is most handy.

for Warband

sorry everyone for my lack of activity. For the past week or so, I have lacked internet access. In addition I'm working 60 hours per week meaning that my time is very limited (also my work is quite physically demanding, so I require plenty of rest). In my present situation, I don't think I'll be able to devote much time at all to the mod. At a later date, I hope to continue working on it.

Mandible, if you wish, you can take charge of the mod development.

I'm not abandoning the mod; however, in my present situation, there's not much progress I can make

I'll still check on the thread and discuss things though

What about we add a few wandering bands of brigands that aren't just vermin, like we can make some evil shrews or voles or something who control up to 15 troops each and fight all factions?

There are a few "good" tribes that fight everyone. Like you mentioned, shrews (especially pygmy shrews) and voles have both included "gray" characters at times. Also, there have been instances of violent squirrel tribes (the wild gawtrybe from Martin the Warrior, for instance). I imagine we can fit some of these in. Right now, I'm thinking I'll do some work on Juska (starting with weasels), then Salamandastron Hares. Then we'll have four factions: Corsairs, Redwall, Salamandastron and Juska. Enough for an Alpha, I'd say. Throw in a smattering of neutral mercenaries and roving bandits, and we're on good track.

Great!  :grin:

Oh, I forgot to say this at the beginning of the mod, the creatures of the Redwall Series don't wear pants, most hardly wear any clothes at all and the female vermin don't ever wear skirts or dresses...Just a reminder

Mandible said:
Also, there have been instances of violent squirrel tribes (the wild gawtrybe from Martin the Warrior, for instance). I imagine we can fit some of these in.

Violent squirrel tribes are a very fine thing indeed.

Especially the type to jump you and drag you threw the night screaming and toss you into a lake of pikes only for amusement :wink:

I would also like to point out that on two separate occasions that vermin type characters have turned good, most notably the pirate captain from pearls of Lutra and the outcast from outcast of Redwall, it is also interesting to note that both of them were Ferrets.

Also, in The Bellmaker, one of the sea rats turns out good and even has a happy ending (peaceful living as a ship builder)

Crazy Viking said:
Great!  :grin:

Oh, I forgot to say this at the beginning of the mod, the creatures of the Redwall Series don't wear pants, most hardly wear any clothes at all and the female vermin don't ever wear skirts or dresses...Just a reminder
It would probably be more useful for you to point out specific instances where Brian Jacques actually gives those kinds of details.

Well the pants thing is quite obvious if you have The Redwall Friend & Foe poster and the female vermin are usually described as being almost exactly like the males, except they can give birth and most of the bandits and other foes(unless they're powerful) are described as mostly having nothing but cloth wrapped around they're waists and a vest or two scattered among them.

ares007 said:
Also, in The Bellmaker, one of the sea rats turns out good and even has a happy ending (peaceful living as a ship builder)

You'll be happy to know that the descendants of Blaggut are still living as peaceful ship builders. I believe they will be one of the few places where the character can procure a boat. Since they're friendly rats, both vermin and goodbeasts can go to them.

And CV, you'll be thrilled to know that some chracters... won't wear pants? Some will. I gave the searats baggy corsair pantaloons because I think it fit with the pirate theme. Juska will wear kilts. Hmm... I'll post some of the concept art I've been drawing so you can see where I'm going with the Juska.

juska_concept.jpg

p.s. This is your chance to name a juska tribe! We can probably have 5ish tribes. Maybe a few extra as roving bandit groups. Remember, the Juska tribe suffixes are taken from their leaders' names. Zann means "mighty warrior" so I think we'll probably use that as a title for the lords? Each tribe's tattoos will be heraldically tied to the background color of their flag.

1. Tribe Juskaton, led by Zann Ukratha Ton. Sandy-Brown Fox. Color: Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom