Recruiting lords is driving me nuts :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Hellebore

Regular
Have any of you successfully recruited a lord? I've been going crazy trying to do it. I'm about 380 days into my game , with high honor, about 2000 renown, and a fairly large kingdom in wales. Even with lords that I have a relation with at 60-70ish I can't get them to join me. I have tried making some diplomat companions and gave them high persuasion too, but nothing seems to work.

I did some searches on the forum and it says you need high honor, renown and relations, but I seem to have all that, what am I missing?

I don't know I had no where near that high of renown but high honor when I captured the Isle of Mann and became a minor kingdom and in no time I had three lords with big cities join me on their own accord one in Ireland one in Scotland and one from England they actually didn't like me so much at all but once I gave them several of the villages back that came with the cities everything seemed fine.  The one hardship was trying to support these guys that were all so far away from each other they had me running ragged!

It's probably not helpful to post I don't know.. just a heads up

How to recruit a lord :wink:, well one heres how i go about recruiting lords always have 70-80 relation that should work as a booster when you ask them "i wish to discuss something in private" if they accept say how do you feel about King " name here"  and if they say Long live ! don't even ask again.. they're too loyal and if they don't then continue asking to persuade them to say more after that they will say something like "Justice or uphold values " thats a hint in which you claim to your throne for example Lord XXX said I don't feel that my rights have been upholded or something like that then reply with

"If I were king then I would uphold your rights to land and customs" and then you would probably determine to join you on if you have more to offer then their current kingdom but anyhow before doing that you need to determine something go to Notes then go to factions and click on the faction you want a lord and look at the bottom of the summary if it says 100% lords are restless, or 100% disgruntled then your chances of recruiting the lords are better for starts you need to make sure they hate thier kingdom ways to do that is to start completely raping the kingdoms until they have very little fiefs left.. or do things to make the lords angry at their realm..

that should be thebasis for it good luck :smile:

Also, you mentioned talking to them in person... is sending a companion to try and persuade them pointless then?

Well I never actually succesfully gotten a companion to make a lord join me, but I mean you should try it anyways..  but its always faster to ask in person.

I've never gotten a companion to convince a lord to join me either, even with 10 persuasion.  However, a word of warning about what you tell the lords.  If you change what you tell them too much (Support your rights, support the commons, because I should be king, etc.) they will call you out on it and it makes it harder to recruit them. 

No matter what, I cant  get them past "Speaking in private"

You need more relation or perhaps a few point in persuasion.

But yeah I agree, the native recruiting lord system is pretty dumb.

For instance : I have 99 right to rule, 100 relation with the lord, taken all their fiefs, 200+ honor, 6 persuasion skill and he never wants to join me even after reloading 10 times my save game !

WTF !!!

Seriously, why are all the native political feature so damn clenched ?
Like the monarch recognition system :  if you have an enemy in common then it works otherwise it doesn't, no matter what's your reputation with the faction or the king ...  I/O system ... "facepalm"

I was also getting frustrated so I enabled the cheat menu (Camp -> Take an action) and it provides debugging info as you attempt to recruit.

What I found interesting is that in situations like many of you describe above (high relation/high honor/high renown) there is still a random roll made against a % chance of recruiting.  The highest chance of recruiting I have seen yet is like 40-50%, so still only 1-in-2 chance.  Often times it is much lower, like 10% chance.  Sometimes it is 0% or even negative chance.

I completely wiped out Mumain, took their king hostage, had high pre-existing relations with all Mumain lords, and still could not recruit them until I took a look at cheat menu to see what was going on.  Since cheat menu also allows you to reseed intrigue I decided that if a lord has greater than 40% chance I would just keep re-rolling until it succeeded.  Makes no sense otherwise because you'll never get lords.

And I have like 1 city and 3 towers just waiting to hand out.

Val

Back
Top Bottom