Recruiting in the Towns?

Users who are viewing this thread

hruza

Knight at Arms
When I try to recruit in the towns (got permission and all) I get new recruits on offer every time I cancel recruiting and ask again. In villages when I do this, I seems to get the same recruits offered but in towns (and possibly castles) choice is different every time. This effectively lets me "re-choose" until I get quantity and quality (level and type) of troops I want.

Is this normal?

I have my game patched with the last patch (dog is certainly immortal now).

Its always been like this as long as I can recall. Seems very exploit-ish but I still do it :wink: ...did it a few times last night until 1 Freeholder jumped up to 17.

I seem to remember that it varies depending on what menu option you're using. With the non-scenic menu you can do it multiple times until you get a high number of recruits. In the scenic menu you can ask once, and if you don't take those guys immediately then the option disappears until next week.

That's if I'm remembering correctly.

kraggrim said:
I seem to remember that it varies depending on what menu option you're using. With the non-scenic menu you can do it multiple times until you get a high number of recruits. In the scenic menu you can ask once, and if you don't take those guys immediately then the option disappears until next week.

Oh yeah I always use non-scenic because it lags my PC.

kraggrim said:

confirmed

Lemble said:
kraggrim said:

confirmed

That is a know "issue" since beta. The 2D menu is there for people with weak computers, so IIRC it was decided that the exploit didn't need a fix.

I think you guys are missing the point: WB is the easiest game to cheap/exploit around. It is also a sandbox with RP elements (which means, you can make your own rules and play your own way). Fixing a exploit that messes with game balance is one thingy. Fixing a exploit that is essently a cheat is not. You can enable cheatmenu and recruit 500 troops in a few clicks  :mrgreen:

TLDR:
2D menu has a bug with recruiting trooops. You can regenerate the pool with different results. Minor exploit/cheat.
Devs may choose to fix this in a future patch, or keep as is. Reason: 2D menu is not a main feature
Wait on a dev reply

Back
Top Bottom