OSP Kit SP Recruiter Kit - Version 1.30 (UPDATED 20.05.2010)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm going to see if it's compatible with native save games. My methods will include testing, looking around the forums and seeking consultation from ancient gods.

BlackRainZ said:
Can we get some info how to include this into warband mods? I have been trying to do it but some problem crops up every time.
There's source code download available now. Get it and read the readme.

hessuu when I try to compile the module files I get this error:

Error: Unable to find object:script_send_recruiter
Error: Illegal identifier:script_send_recruiter

edit-- I figured out the problem, you forgot to mention in the readme that you edited the scripts file. You left that out. The scripts file also has 2 edits.

BlackRainZ said:
hessuu when I try to compile the module files I get this error:

Error: Unable to find object:script_send_recruiter
Error: Illegal identifier:script_send_recruiter

edit-- I figured out the problem, you forgot to mention in the readme that you edited the scripts file. You left that out. The scripts file also has 2 edits.
Fixed. Thanks for informing.

BlackRainZ said:
hessuu I got the mod to work but it doesn't work properly with the diplomacy mod. The chamberlain in the diplomacy mod uses the dialogue from your mod. Why is that?
This certainly has something to do with them having the same troop id. They both are placed in the end of the troops.txt. Did you only use module system to combine the mods and not any txt -file editing? These kind of problems are related to that. Try to rebuild the module.

Anyways, I'm going to include Recruiters in Diplomacy myself, hopefully today.

Hessuu, I had to edit the txt file because I don't have the source code. Actually, I use the pike and blade mod also so that could also be the problem. Unfortunately I don't have the source code for pike and blade and it adds so many soldiers so is there anyway to return a txt file to it's source file?

edit--- It actually might be better to tell me what file has the troop id that is uses. Is it the constants file? Than maybe I could just change the troop id from there?

BlackRainZ said:
Hessuu, I had to edit the txt file because I don't have the source code. Actually, I use the pike and blade mod also so that could also be the problem. Unfortunately I don't have the source code for pike and blade and it adds so many soldiers so is there anyway to return a txt file to it's source file?

edit--- It actually might be better to tell me what file has the troop id that is uses. Is it the constants file? Than maybe I could just change the troop id from there?
At the beginning of the troops.txt there is this:
Code:
troopsfile version 2
The number, which is 930 for native, is the amount of different troops in the module. You have to change that number to match the number of troops in your mod. Count your added troops carefully many times and make the number match the amount of troops.

I already did that of course. That does not fix the problem though. I was able to get it to work somewhat. I was able to fix the dialogue with the chamberlain but now all recruiters out in the field have the chamberlain conversation topics. That is fine with me because I just dont bother talking to the recruiters, but I am sure there is some way to fix it.

herre said:
Well if it is save compatible you just copy savegame
Otherwise it's not possible
I copied my savegame and but it diidn't wrok. My save appeared at the load game menu but when I clicked it to load, it said "Select your story" and the only option was "Go Back"

As a newb, I cannot install this. I don't want to start a whole new game with Recruiter Mod Module and it isn't save friendly. I don't know how to add the recruiters in my Native module, and also I don't know what to do with those source codes you provided. I have read the readme but didn't understand anything.

Back
Top Bottom