Ransom Question..

Users who are viewing this thread

I've defeated the Nords. My last prisoner is a Nord and i'm not sure if anyones gonna pay his ransom.
Just to make sure, I really did defeat them officially as it pop'd up in a message.

Does somone 'pop up buy' them?
Do I have to look for someone?
Is he stuck as a prisoner?

Thanks in advance. 

:P said:
Does somone 'pop up buy' them?
Sort of, when a faction is defeated slowly over time the lords switch to different factions. Another faction may pay his ransom. You could also just wait until he escapes.

Do I have to look for someone?
You don't look for them, they come to you basically, a screen pops up and offer you a ransom.

Is he stuck as a prisoner?
No, he can escape just like any other lord and when he does he will probably join another faction.

Folthrik said:
Sort of, when a faction is defeated slowly over time the lords switch to different factions. Another faction may pay his ransom. You could also just wait until he escapes.

Folthrik, I think that he just escapes. I have had lords as prisoners after eliminating their factions numerous times, and not once have I been offered ransom by their faction, because their faction is defeated. As long as they are your prisoner, they are still technically a lord of that kingdom. Until they escape, and are able to swear allegiance to another kingdom, they will remain so. And seeing as you have defeated their original faction, no one will pay their ransom. Therefore, you must wait for them to escape.

I think it's stupid that the lords are able to swear allegiance to a new country after theirs is defeated. It makes world conquest games a pain in the ass  :mad:

Lyze said:
Folthrik said:

Folthrik, I think that he just escapes. I have had lords as prisoners after eliminating their factions numerous times, and not once have I been offered ransom by their faction, because their faction is defeated. As long as they are your prisoner, they are still technically a lord of that kingdom. Until they escape, and are able to swear allegiance to another kingdom, they will remain so. And seeing as you have defeated their original faction, no one will pay their ransom. Therefore, you must wait for them to escape.
I never said their OWN faction offers the ransom.

I know that, Folthrik. But who would offer the ransom for a landless lord, who has sworn allegiance to a defeated (and presumably dead, seeing as the character disappears) king. It just doesn't make any sense. I certainly wouldn't. And you'll notice that when defeated lords of defeated factions are accepted by other factions, they own no fiefs. Nothing. At all. So who would bother ransoming them? They're not worth anything. That was exactly my point.

Back
Top Bottom