Quoting posts from locked topics?

Users who are viewing this thread

MadocComadrin

Water-Borne Annelid
Count
Why exactly can't we quote from locked topics? Well, I know the obvious reason, but there are some things that would be really nice to quote, eg the rules or a sig-worthy post, that can't be(or at least, not conveniently) since it's in a locked topic. Is there some way to add a non-replying quote button to locked-topic posts (perhaps it could copy the quote into the clip-board?). It's not that big of a deal, but just throwing it out there.

Nah, you have add
Code:
link=topic=113825.msg3598223#msg3598223
along with the author attribute and the date attribute. However, the date attribute is a timestamp, so figuring it out is kindof hard.

MadocComadrin said:
Nah, you have add
Code:
along with the author attribute and the date attribute. However, the date attribute is a timestamp, so figuring it out is kindof hard.

The timestamp is in seconds, counting from December 31, 1969 at 7:00:00PM (EST).
I've slapped together a quote or two from a locked topic with a little math this way before...though I tend to start with a date and time much closer to the post I'm trying to quote from. And it probably reflects an overly anal-retentive nature.

[me=Caba]shrugs *[/me]

MadocComadrin said:
Nah, you have add
Code:
Actually, he may have merely written '0000000000', then '0000000001' in the date section to see it.  :razz:

Archonsond will be the first in a loooong line of Archonsod's descendants to greet people politely? :razz:

Back
Top Bottom