Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Does a companion's morale affect their effectiveness in battle?  I have a couple who aren't entirely happy with my choice of companions so their morale fluctuates a bit depending on circumstance.  Wondering if it might be best to tell Odval to hit the road so that Alayen will pull that stick out of his arse and go back to cheerfully lancing the enemy.

I think it does. Morale certainly affects regular troops, so it might affect companions as well. But I haven't noticed this because I typically only use companions that like each other lol.

I noticed a couple of you mentioned this so wondering how to do them.

Where do I go, and what, do I have to edit to get..

1.) Cattle to follow me?

2.) Reduce troop food intake;or make food last longer, what ever it does?

Thanks

And thanks Hana, I did not notice an accuracy difference when using a bow with same power draw as myself.

If I'm not mistaken, cattle tweak can be edited using TweakMB. Food should also be editable with it.

I edited mine from within the module system though. I keep rebuilding it while testing all the stuff I've been modding, so .txt tweaks don't last with me.

Is there a way to make a sort of subsets of a group? Like, let's say I want two rows of infantry, one with shield and polearm ideal for stopping cavalry and another with throwing weapons. I'd want to pretty much move and command them as a single organized unit most of the time, but without having them line up together. Say I have them as group 1 and group 7, but I make 7 a subset of 1 so that whatever command I give to 1 applies to 7 except when I specify 7 separately and specifically. I'd have 7 fall back 10 or 20 paces in a separate row, then just command both rows from there just using group 1. Is there a simple way to do this or do I have to command them as separate groups all the time?

Hopefully I explained that well enough. :S

Subgroups, no. But there's an alternative, which works just as well (with a few more presses than you're hoping). You can select multiple groups and issue orders to them simultaneously. Press the number of the first group, hold Shift then press the number of the second group.

So if you pick Infantry (group 1), hold Shift and press 7 for your infantry-with-throwing-weapons group, for example, and issue them both the order to charge, they'll both charge. :grin: If you select 1 without pressing Shift, it'll de-select 7.

I hope that's clear enough lol.

So, let me get this straight.

Vaegirs - based specifically (via names) off of the Principality of Moscovy, Novogrod, Pskov and the Eastern Roman Empire (i.e. Byzantines)

Rhogos - based on names, they have an Italian tone to them which is weird...I more so saw them as either being actually like Greek-City states. Though with a term like 'Doge' - it's more so Venetian influence.

Swabia - Central European/Heliege Rumschie Reich influence.

And the other two are so obvious in their names that it is rather impossible to not know what their influences are.

Swadia:
I think the similarities between Swadia and Swabia are only in name. Swabia was Germanic while the Swadians had always had this feel of being a very medieval English/French feel to it, with its heavy knights and soldiers and the use of longbowmen, which was considered to be a very English thing. Although in Native, a lot of the names have a hint of Germanic flavor in them. Let's just say that maybe the influence for Swadia is very western Europe, to include England, France and Germany in the equation.

Vaegir:
Yes, it's pretty much from the Kievan Rus and the nearby and similar principalities, all the way up to the attacks from the Mongolian Horde at around the same time the game is based on.

Rhodoks:
There's lots of argument on who the Rhodoks are really based on, but I like to think they are loosely based, at least by name, on the island of Rhodes, which is in Greece but was obviously under Roman rule in the previous generations. In the medieval transition period (between Byzantine era and high medieval), it was one of the most important trading posts, and was the base for the Knights Hospitaller during the Crusades, and a station for Byzantine armies in the generations before. It was an important trade and military location until the end of the medieval era because it was a gateway port between southern Europe (Greece, Italy, Spain) and the Middle East.

They were known for their spearmen (Peltasts, of Byzantine discipline), and employed Varangians from an old agreement with the Kievan Rus, and other foreign mercenaries.

In short, the Rhodoks are probably Byzantine+Holy Roman Imperial in influence (crossbows were used by the Crusaders, but not popular among the Byzantine armies).

I want to think that the translated army of the Rhodoks have little/no cavalry to speak of despite the Byzantine/Komnenian doctrine of using heavy cataphract cavalry is because of the mountain topography. This same mountain topography is also why we have a mixed Scottish highlander set of troops in Floris, which I don't object to despite the strange possibility of a Doge mac Domangairt or some other Scottish name. o_O

No way to do that now except actually beating them, then renaming your faction to what they used to be. It's obviously not the same but yeah we don't have a system for that in place yet.

Hi,

I was wondering how do you get patrols?

I own a castle with everything built in it, but I can't seem to find a way of activating patrols etc

Hanakoganei said:
No way to do that now except actually beating them, then renaming your faction to what they used to be. It's obviously not the same but yeah we don't have a system for that in place yet.

annnd how does that work?

wicked01 said:
Um, where does one find a Constable? :razz:
The Constable is a staff member that you can hire via your Minister, who you in turn hire when you get your own castle.

Indoril said:
annnd how does that work?
Under the Camp Menu -> Take an Action, there should be an option to rename your kingdom. Again, this is just cosmetic, and you won't actually be new ruler of the Kingdom of Swadia. But it works if you really just want the idea of using their name for your kingdom.

The Constable is a staff member that you can hire via your Minister, who you in turn hire when you get your own castle.

Um, are you sure it's a castle and not a city? as I can't see the option.. :sad:

I get something like manage city, manage garrison, wait here for some time, and leave..

You have to talk to your Minister in the Lord's Hall inside the castle to hire a Constable. The Constable (and other staff members) will show up in the Lord's Hall as well. After hiring, you simply need to re-enter the Lord's Hall.

Indoril said:
So, you can never become King of Swadia if you're a vassal to the King, no coups or anything?
No, sadly. You can rebel against them, but it will lead to you starting your own kingdom instead of fighting for the actual throne of Swadia.

You can suggest it though to be a feature included in the future. Steal the crown of an existing faction and become its new ruler. It sounds like something that's relatively easy to do, compared to a lot of the stuff they're working on now anyway.

You have to talk to your Minister in the Lord's Hall inside the castle to hire a Constable. The Constable (and other staff members) will show up in the Lord's Hall as well. After hiring, you simply need to re-enter the Lord's Hall.

um... would something be broken if I can't see the minister in the Lord's Hall / he's not there?

Do you own that castle? Were you not given the option to hire a minister before?

If it's a new castle that was just given to you, you may have to wait a while before you're given the option. Maybe up to a few weeks in fact. It's instant if you started your own kingdom, though.

Back
Top Bottom