Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

I recruited Ymira, Sajjad, and Klethi. Sajjad hated both of them, but tolerated it for a while. Then he left because he didn't like the state of affairs (his morale was at 0). That was about 10-20 days ago. Now Ymira just left because of the same reasons. I don't have Odval. I now don't have Sajjad. Who the hell was she mad at? According to this, no one. Also, I haven't done a single unchivalrous thing, I've never run out of food, run away, neglected to pay the troops, taken heavy casualties, or even lost a battle. I think I failed one quest, but that was before I had any of them, and I'm not far enough in the game to start my own kingdom for emissaries to matter.

So what the crap were they mad about?

Double A said:
I recruited Ymira, Sajjad, and Klethi. Sajjad hated both of them, but tolerated it for a while. Then he left because he didn't like the state of affairs (his morale was at 0). That was about 10-20 days ago. Now Ymira just left because of the same reasons. I don't have Odval. I now don't have Sajjad. Who the hell was she mad at? According to this, no one. Also, I haven't done a single unchivalrous thing, I've never run out of food, run away, neglected to pay the troops, taken heavy casualties, or even lost a battle. I think I failed one quest, but that was before I had any of them, and I'm not far enough in the game to start my own kingdom for emissaries to matter.

So what the crap were they mad about?

I had a similar morale problem when I was starting out. I'm not sure, but I think they might not like getting knocked out in combat a lot.

That would make sense for Sajjad, but Ymira is pretty far down the line and I rarely notice her getting knocked out. Plus Matheld got knocked out more and I haven't heard any whining from her.

Also, Ymira was still pissed about my choice in companions. How long does it normally take for a hero to get over something?

impi07 said:
Techercizer said:
Does anyone know what barracks do? I've tried searching around the forums, but can't find anything definitive.

I want to know that too.
A quick glance at the code shows a barracks giving higher level recruits from a village if that village has a barracks.
...but a barracks is only build-able in towns and castles.

So, what does a barracks do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

EDIT - as of patch 2.52, a barracks in a town or castle will improve the quality/number of recruits in the villages attached to it. It will also get your towns/castles better reinforcements if you use the Mange this Town/Castle->Recruit some troops option.

Just MBtweaking before I start another game and noticed that min relationship with town before start enterprise is greyed out at 0, why is that?

Ferodaktyl said:
what Freelancer version does Floris 2.5 use?
Haven't got a version number for it per-se, but more bug-fixed and 'up-to-date' than you'll find released in the Freelancer board.

edbzoso said:
Just MBtweaking before I start another game and noticed that min relationship with town before start enterprise is greyed out at 0, why is that?
TweakMB must not know what to do with the code in that spot...one of the mods probably changed something and kefka didn't get to making it work.

Will there be a patch for the expanded mod pack?  :???:  The only patch I can find is the one for the gameplay edition.

AFAIK, the patch for the gameplay version is unneeded for expanded, since the expanded came with the patch already built in.  I could be wrong, but that's what I've been told.

371noble6 said:
AFAIK, the patch for the gameplay version is unneeded for expanded, since the expanded came with the patch already built in.  I could be wrong, but that's what I've been told.
This is correct.
The only version with a patch at present is Gameplay.

A patch is in the works, however, and should be "nearing" completion.

is sigmund supposed to be the constable when i recruit him to my castle?
i recruited him when i already had a constable

This is probably the one of most annoying things imaginable: The game has somehow set Unnamed 6 to my default group, rather than Everyone. Every time I enter a new area, it changes. This makes prison breaks and battles in villages particularly painful because now I have to take even more time to get my thoughts together.

This has never happened to me before. Is it a bug or did I just press the wrong button?

Double A said:
This is probably the one of most annoying things imaginable: The game has somehow set Unnamed 6 to my default group, rather than Everyone. Every time I enter a new area, it changes. This makes prison breaks and battles in villages particularly painful because now I have to take even more time to get my thoughts together.

This has never happened to me before. Is it a bug or did I just press the wrong button?
Neither a bug nor you pressing a wrong button. All of your bodyguards should be assigned to Unnamed 6 for the duration of your visit for ease of commanding them. I thought it helpful when I coded that...a year ago?...no one's ever commented on it though. Not helpful?

PotatoCat said:
is sigmund supposed to be the constable when i recruit him to my castle?
i recruited him when i already had a constable
No, Sigmund is just there to have an easier access to the customizable troops. The other constable deals with standard recruiting, patrols, etc.

Double A said:
Oh, well then, that's a bit different. I downloaded this mod Sunday-ish, so I wouldn't know.
Might just be that everyone hasn't noticed. Tis possible.
Would make most sense to you to just leave it on grc_everyone? Would you rather bodyguards don't get grouped together, too?

It's dreadfully confusing, since Unnamed 6 (or, in my case Non-Combat Heroes) is where I usually group all the heroes I don't want rushing into battle, like Jeremus. Seeing my big burly beefy bodyguards addressed by that order is dreadfully confusing o_o.

Yeah, I'd prefer if it was set to everyone for default. I just throw my heroes in with the rest of the army, considering being my bodyguard would be a terribly short job, thanks to all the crazy crap I do with a courser.

But anyway, I'd prefer not to have to do an extra button press when I'm trying to not get my face chopped off by an angry prison guard or switch my bodyguards back and forth between key 9 and key whatever every time I want to go rescue someone. It would be nice if you could choose which key you want default to be in the mod options menu.

edit: What're the differences between the 3 levels of the extra diplomacy mod?

Back
Top Bottom