Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

iceoskar said:
Hey guys, can someone help me with editing the amount of freelancers Sigmund dishes out ?  i want to make the freelancers my entire army, and when getting 10 - 15 a week, getting them into hundreds or even thousands (for keeping at home and with my lords) will take me forever :razz:

An answer is in this thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,215226.msg5135340.html

You can adjust the amount of recruits he has available at script "update_ranger_master" in module_scripts.py.  Currently it picks a random number between 10-20 then stores that into the "$g_num_ranger_recruits" global.

(store_random_in_range, ":num", 10, 20),
(assign, "$g_num_ranger_recruits", ":num"),

Although I myself havn't found the file module_scripts.py, I guess I need the dev suite for that?
If you, like me, don't have the dev suite installed, then this will work too:

Go into the floris module directory and backup the file scripts.txt.
In this file search for the line "update_ranger_master -1". The line below this is something like this:
Code:
4 4 0 2136 3 1224979098644774912 10 20 2133 2 144115188075857210 1224979098644774912 3 0
There in the middle is ' 10 20 '. The 10 being the minimum and the 20 the maximum recruits he can offer,
edit them to whatever you want it to be.
I tried 30 and 50 and got 44 recruits out of him the first time he had some again. :smile:

kevindrosario said:
Morgh's party template editor has something about loot. I've never messed with the loot though so I don't know exactly how to use it.
Morgh's won't help. You need to install the Dev Suite and get comfortable with Module System coding to really get into the loot code. It's been changed from Native (for Custom Commander's autoloot, etc) so there's no easy way to flip numbers in a .txt file.

What's with the negative stats on items?  I just looted a shield that lists -56 hit points and -4 resistance.  I guess that must be -56 to the shield strength and not MY hit points.  So then why isn't this 250 shield simply listed as 194?  Likewise why isn't the 8 resistance listed as 4 instead of shown as 8 with a -4?  Is this based on my shield skill or something?

What is the prefix on the shield?  Usually the modifiers seen at the bottom of a tooltip for an item are related to the item's prefix (lordly, masterwork, cheap, etc).

Windyplains said:
What is the prefix on the shield?  Usually the modifiers seen at the bottom of a tooltip for an item are related to the item's prefix (lordly, masterwork, cheap, etc).

It's cracked.  So you're saying that the stats for the shield (strength and resistance) are as listed and the modifiers are just showing how a cracked shield is worse than a non cracked one?

kevindrosario said:
I've noticed this on a couple of occasions where if I attack the patrol, I will have to face both the patrol and the lord. But if I attack the lord, the patrol will not reinforce. Is this always the case? Because if it is I would like to know so I can take full advantage of it  :mrgreen:
This is always the case. Exploit away.
It is an oversight in Diplomacy's code. Thanks for pointing it out for us to fix :wink:

Let me hijack this thread for a moment. If I don't belong to a faction and start forcing villages to give me their supplies, will I be chase by the lord of that village? 

I really liked the music in gameplay, but apparently in Basic i only hear the default one's of native?
Can this be changed?

Also the game can't seem to find the tent texture when u try to camp :l

Hi,

Was wondering if shield damage has been taken out in this mod.  I've had plenty of shields so battered I had to throw them down in a battle- an Elite Cavalry Shield comes to mind.  It has remained an Elite Cavalry Shield for more than 10 times it's been destroyed in battle.  Did this mod take out shield degradation?  If so which file do I mod to put it back in.

Also I've had my horse shot out from underneath me a few times- only rarely has it ever been lamed or died on me.  I'd like to increase the odds of that.  Which file might those things be contained in?

Thanks a LOT for this awesome mod!

1:  Is this possible while playing the game?  As in I am the lord of somewhere so I want to change the name officially?

2: If not could someone help me on finding the file(s) where they are contained?  Heck, maybe tell me this anyway so I can set some places up before my game starts. :smile:

THanks!

Lorca said:
Let me hijack this thread for a moment. If I don't belong to a faction and start forcing villages to give me their supplies, will I be chase by the lord of that village?
No, there's only the slightest of penalties: a 1 point relation hit with that lord (and 3 points with the village). This is Native and hasn't been modified.

Ioeuy said:
1:  Is this possible while playing the game?  As in I am the lord of somewhere so I want to change the name officially?
No, not possible (at this time) to do in-game.

Ioeuy said:
2: If not could someone help me on finding the file(s) where they are contained?  Heck, maybe tell me this anyway so I can set some places up before my game starts. :smile:
parties.txt
Use a nice GUI tool like Morgh's Editor.

Ioeuy said:
Was wondering if shield damage has been taken out in this mod.  I've had plenty of shields so battered I had to throw them down in a battle- an Elite Cavalry Shield comes to mind.  It has remained an Elite Cavalry Shield for more than 10 times it's been destroyed in battle.  Did this mod take out shield degradation?  If so which file do I mod to put it back in.
Not at all. Some shields have more HP/resistance than others, of course, but most folks here are complaining about how shields have too little HP and are breaking too much.

Ioeuy said:
Also I've had my horse shot out from underneath me a few times- only rarely has it ever been lamed or died on me.  I'd like to increase the odds of that.  Which file might those things be contained in?
This is handled by the game engine and is not moddable.

oTeC said:
I really liked the music in gameplay, but apparently in Basic i only hear the default one's of native?
Can this be changed?

monnikje said:
Features

Here I'll list the features of the Floris Mod Pack. Each feature has noted if it's present in the Basic, Gameplay or Expanded version.

• New songs:
    BE: 109 new songs
    G: 65 new songs

Basic and Expanded have more new songs than Gameplay.

Thanks for such quick answers.

Ok, one more:
If I change names in Parties.txt- should I not also change them in mapicons.txt?  And in strings.txt?  Looks like mapicons.txt especially might affect game play?

Ioeuy said:
Ok, one more:
If I change names in Parties.txt- should I not also change them in mapicons.txt?  And in strings.txt?  Looks like mapicons.txt especially might affect game play?
Mapicons is just a list of meshes (game models) that is used elsewhere. You shouldn't touch it.
The strings file shouldn't have the party's names in them many places--you can check and change any times you find it, but it shouldn't be there much. If a party name is needed, the game gets it from memory/the parties.txt file, not from strings.

Or does it play by the same rules mostly?

Which level in Floris is the most balanced as far as resources but doesn't force the AI to do totally stupid choices artificially.

I'm wondering how the reinforcement mechanic of the game works- and how Floris has modded it if at all- meaning when I send my lord out to collect reinforcements of cvarious types, he inevitably gets attacked or something and I lose them all?  Is this WAD?

Back
Top Bottom