Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi y'all
I'm trying to effectively defend the town of Rath Celtair right now but so far I have been getting rekt when fighting against a smaller attacking army even though I am defending with a sufficient garrison and elite infantry? This is the first time I have had trouble defending in a siege - Is there something Im missing here or is this castle just crap to defend?

Hey all. Just wondering if there is any limit to the amount of game days you can play on a single character. I am playing as a vassal of northhymbre and just taking it slowly. Just don't wanna get half way through a play through to find I ran out of time and died of old age lol

þörleifr said:
limit to the amount of game days you can play on a single character

no limits on sandbox, but you will lose your "luck" over the years so don't get captured or you will start to lose stats  :mrgreen:

its unusual for someone to play over 2 years (~800days), but you can keep going for 5000 if you are crazy enough

HostileInf said:
town of Rath Celtair
Different places will require you to rethink your tactics. Some forts/towns are easy to exploit and win against any odds, while others will be much tougher. Try different things, its your job as the commander  :smile:

Can you change relation with cristians and factions using troop editor?

EDIT : I mean save editor :razz:

EDIT #2 : Can you convert back to paganism after converting to christianity?

kalarhan said:
Different places will require you to rethink your tactics. Some forts/towns are easy to exploit and win against any odds, while others will be much tougher. Try different things, its your job as the commander  :smile:
I think I'm just going to sack the town and move on, seems that it favors the attacker more than the defender

kalarhan said:
pizdica said:
using troop editor?

yes, but you need to check the Tweaks thread. Search for MnBSaveGameEditor (savegame editor, not troop editor) in there, or just visit the tool thread in the Forge.

This one is for regular/vanilla questions.
pizdica said:
Can you change relation with cristians and factions using troop editor?

EDIT : I mean save editor :razz: <----------------------------------------------------------

Formations questions:

Lennert_S said:
Is there a way to get them back in a nice long line?

First I think you should read the guide on formations (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323183.0.html). Also create a new game and join any battle to see ingame tutorial (guess you missed it last time).

You have a couple basic alternatives:
1) Visit your camp, options, and disable advanced formations

2) If you still using advanced formations:

2.1) Remember you can create any "formation" and "save it". Check your F1-F4 commands. Next battle will use the formation template you saved.

2.2) F4 menu (advanced formations) last command is "No Formation". That means they will go back to native style (the selected group/groups) of a long line.

2.3) You can always use the "spread out" command a few times

Sumtingwong said:
line up to your left, also the rank splitting with "EVeryone Hold this position"
Same options menu: camp->options, check the one where you select your division. The other groups will be around that (by default you are on 0/none). If you want be in the mix of a shield-wall, why not put yourself on division 1? And so on.

edit: spoiler hidding the post, as it was quoted below...

kalarhan said:
Formations questions:

Lennert_S said:
Is there a way to get them back in a nice long line?

First I think you should read the guide on formations (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323183.0.html). Also create a new game and join any battle to see ingame tutorial (guess you missed it last time).

You have a couple basic alternatives:
1) Visit your camp, options, and disable advanced formations

2) If you still using advanced formations:

2.1) Remember you can create any "formation" and "save it". Check your F1-F4 commands. Next battle will use the formation template you saved.

2.2) F4 menu (advanced formations) last command is "No Formation". That means they will go back to native style (the selected group/groups) of a long line.

2.3) You can always use the "spread out" command a few times

Sumtingwong said:
line up to your left, also the rank splitting with "EVeryone Hold this position"
Same options menu: camp->options, check the one where you select your division. The other groups will be around that (by default you are on 0/none). If you want be in the mix of a shield-wall, why not put yourself on division 1? And so on.
They still line up to your left, im witnessing it right now. The one thing with formations native did right was put you in the center of a formation - PERIOD-. I don't get this at all...

What is the exact number of ships that each level of sea king skill allows you to command in your fleet?

Do companions sea King skills stack? I did some search on the forum but there is conflicting information. Some say they do some say they don't.

How much troops can a castle hold? Im asking because i saw a message "your castle has too many troops and some can be levyed by a marshal? I only have under 300 troops in there.

It seems with 2.023 my current game is broken. :sad: I cant repatch it through steam. Any solutions?
I Get some trigger Message with have 179 and need 180....

Thx DS

Dsshadow said:
I Get some trigger Message with have 179 and need 180....

Game still has only 179 simple triggers on V2.023. Its your savegame that is corrupted, not the game installation. Open a older backup or start a new one.

If you are not playing on realistic mode (ironman, autosave): check your savegame folder for a last_savegame_backup.sav. Rename it to sg01.sav and try to open it.

kalarhan said:
If you are not playing on realistic mode (ironman, autosave): check your savegame folder for a last_savegame_backup.sav. Rename it to sg01.sav and try to open it.

Just as a personal note. I gave up playing Warband on "No Save" a long time ago. There have always been situations where the game breaks and you need to reload. VC being based on Warband has some of those quirks too. I am just disciplined and do not reload unless it is necessary.

Ivan Khan said:
Just as a personal note. I gave up playing Warband on "No Save" a long time ago.

If you play Storyline you will notice that you can't even select "Realistic Mode" anymore (since VC RE).  :mrgreen:

Like @Ivan said: just don't use it. Save often and use multiple slots :XD

Back
Top Bottom