Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

TheBarbarian said:
getting all the companions together; it's an option in the cheat menu?

yes........

do not use it on a normal game, do not use it on a normal game, do not use it on storyline game, do not ... you got my point (use it only for test on a test savegame)

kalarhan said:
TheBarbarian said:
getting all the companions together; it's an option in the cheat menu?

yes........

do not use it on a normal game, do not use it on a normal game, do not use it on storyline game, do not ... you got my point (use it only for test on a test savegame)

I don't normally use the cheatmenu, which is why I was asking. :razz:

Also, is there a certain level of relationship you have to be with bandits/vikings to recruit them at their dens? I only have the options to attack the den or sell my loot to them.

TheBarbarian said:
recruit them at their dens?

you can recruit them on the world map if you find a band of bandits.

You will need good relation with the faction and negative reputation first, besides cash and enough space on your own army for all their troops + prisoners.

kalarhan said:
TheBarbarian said:
recruit them at their dens?

you can recruit them on the world map if you find a band of bandits.

You will need good relation with the faction and negative reputation first, besides cash and enough space on your own army for all their troops + prisoners.

Hmm, for some reason I could've sworn I read somewhere you can recruit from dens as well.

Make sure you have a bigger party than them. I tried to recruit 30 northmathr vikings with a party of 40 men. They declined my offer and destroyed me. Also what's the deal with recruiting them for free. I asked one to join me and they said we heard you give good loot. We will join for free. Is there any specific is criteria for it.

TheBarbarian said:
Hmm, for some reason I could've sworn I read somewhere you can recruit from dens as well.

This was a (false) rumour from Brytenwalda that has somehow also made it's way over to VC, sorry :smile:.

þörleifr said:
Also what's the deal with recruiting them for free. I asked one to join me and they said we heard you give good loot. We will join for free. Is there any specific is criteria for it.

I think high renown and a very negative rep.

stevehoos said:
Should my renown be continually dropping..... ah... isn't there enough renown drop already in this without a -5 point drop every 2 weeks?  :roll:

renown = fame

if you stay hidden inside your castle drinking mead people will forget about you ... go out and remember them why they should fear you :XD

Is there a way to make companions into vassals? I'm a king and I want to give them land and armies.

Mogh said:
Is there a way to make companions into vassals? I'm a king and I want to give them land and armies.

yes, just talk to them when they are in your party, you will have a dialog option for that (you need to have a fief available, can be one of yours or one without a lord)

I always wondered this. I know about the traits, berserker, inspiring, tough and strong, but what are special traits? In the character menu, it's under traits, but afaik I've never gotten something there.

TheBarbarian said:
but what are special traits?

trait is a skill (passive or active) for combat
special trait is a "achievement" that gives a minor passive bonus. You can only have one special trait.

Example: get enough lovers and you will get a special trait that gives a minor buff to your relations with ladies ("Ladies' Man").

Besides that there are other 2 related to prisoners (get enough lords in your dungeon) and wine (put enough wine in your court chest)

The Onion Knight said:
I was just wondering about the captain. When speaking to him you have a dialogue option to say "is there anything I should know?". Everytime I ask this he says nothing right now or something like that. I just want to know what this dialogue option does? Oh and by the way if you build a refuge next to like a Danish longphort or a robbers den do you get recruits from them?

Captain is responsible for upgrades. If you already have all of them (base upgrades and port if near water), then that is it, nothing to him to do :XP (unless you destroy the refuge and start over somewhere else)

Recruiting bandits: no

Tonic22 said:
I had a trophy when beating a lord. What is that and what's the point ? It's kinda cheap so i guess it's not for money.

Visit a town, choose the "Trade with locals" option and you will get a new option to give the trophy in exchange for money and XP.

That is the point: they give cash and experience

The Onion Knight said:
I was just wondering about the captain. When speaking to him you have a dialogue option to say "is there anything I should know?". Everytime I ask this he says nothing right now or something like that. I just want to know what this dialogue option does? Oh and by the way if you build a refuge next to like a Danish longphort or a robbers den do you get recruits from them?

Captain is responsible for upgrades. If you already have all of them (base upgrades and port if near water), then that is it, nothing to him to do :XP (unless you destroy the refuge and start over somewhere else)

Yeah but my refuge is at first level I haven't done anything with it and no matter when I ask he always says nothing?

The Onion Knight said:
Yeah but my refuge is at first level I haven't done anything with it and no matter when I ask he always says nothing?

Yes, he has nothing else to say. Not sure what else I can say besides he has nothing to tell you :XD

That dialog will always result in him saying the same thing, you can think of it as just a polite reply of the captain for his liege lord

"Hello captain"
"Sir!"
"Anything to report?"
"No sir! Everything is fine, sir! Thank you for asking sir!"

Tonic22 said:
Will the factions removed reborn one day or the game will become a heap of large factions?

there is a slight chance that a destroyed faction may reaper (revolt system) over time. About the map progress that is very random and you would see big differences between different campaigns, even more if you are influencing it directly with your attacks.

Back
Top Bottom