Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

kraggrim said:
Eh? The gameplay would be pretty much the same with it, you stand in a shield wall and poke dudes with a sharp stick when they get close. In fact using this feature would remove gameplay options: commanding other troops in battle and choosing when and where to fight battles.
I doubt that adding that as a feature would remove anything form gameplay, after all it would be just an extra dialog option. :razz:
You join Jarl/Earderman's shieldwall to gain reputation/experience and after you become famous and make enough money you command your own troops. That was present in Brytenwalda, plus it would be rather historically accurate and would add a lot of immersion to the game. Oh well.

kalarhan said:
dorgus142 said:
I know there is a random event when you own something other than a Village, that you have the option to gai +1 int and/or +1 str.

I'm currently owning a fort (Gobhann) but the event doesn't show up. Does anyone know if there is any trigger? Or pure luck?
random event that can happen when you enter a town. You do not need to own a village, etc

Wait... don't need to?

I mean the event that a priest and a warrior come to you asking to build a Temple or Training Grounds. They give you +1 int and +1 str, respectively. But if you have 4k denars you can build both, and get both stats.

Also, I don't seem to find an updated information anywhere. In reforged, which one is currently the best armor in the game? For Sandbox, so Orm's armor doesn't count. Is it still the scale one you get from tournaments?

michalurban said:
Hi,

I'd like to import my Native character to my new Viking conquest game. I already realized simple IMPORT won't work (it works but my 32lvl guy is worse than the 1lvl Viking I start with lol). But I read in numerous threads I should start a new Viking game, export my character, then adjust the new character so it would resemble my original one and import it back. My question is - how to to that?

I know how to export, edit and import a character, that's not the problem. The problem is, with the different way Vikings handle points, I have no idea how high set (for example) my leadership skill, when the Native leadership is 10. And that applies to every skill. I realized that with the new system I probably got more points to distribute as well.

Any idea? Should I just multiply every atribute or skill with some number, say 3? Thanks! :smile:

PS: My character here:
charfile_version = 1
name = Michal
xp = 537261
money = 1125

attribute_points = 0
skill_points = 0
weapon_points = 3

strength = 12
agility = 12
intelligence = 9
charisma = 32

trade = 0
leadership = 10
prisoner_management = 3
reserved_skill_1 = 0
reserved_skill_2 = 0
reserved_skill_3 = 0
reserved_skill_4 = 0
persuasion = 3
engineer = 3
first_aid = 0
surgery = 3
wound_treatment = 2
inventory_management = 3
spotting = 1
path-finding = 1
tactics = 1
tracking = 0
trainer = 0
reserved_skill_5 = 0
reserved_skill_6 = 0
reserved_skill_7 = 0
reserved_skill_8 = 0
looting = 0
horse_archery = 0
riding = 4
athletics = 4
shield = 4
weapon_master = 4
reserved_skill_9 = 0
reserved_skill_10 = 0
reserved_skill_11 = 0
reserved_skill_12 = 0
reserved_skill_13 = 0
power_draw = 0
power_throw = 0
power_strike = 4
ironflesh = 4
reserved_skill_14 = 0
reserved_skill_15 = 0
reserved_skill_16 = 0
reserved_skill_17 = 0
reserved_skill_18 = 0

one_handed_weapons = 271
two_handed_weapons = 168
polearms = 94
archery = 45
crossbows = 31
throwing = 31
firearms = 0

face_key_1 = 20a000191
face_key_2 = 36db6db6db6db6db

PPS: A convertor utility would be great LOL!  :grin:
enable cheats (setting, before you start the game)
start the game
create your character
open your character screen. Use SHIFT+L to gain free xp fast. Level to whatever you want.
save
close game
turn off cheats
play

Thank you for your answer! :smile: Do you have any idea how high should my level in Vikings be to match my lvl 32 in Native, please? Or should I try to match experience points (537261)?

michalurban said:
michalurban said:
Hi,

I'd like to import my Native character to my new Viking conquest game. I already realized simple IMPORT won't work (it works but my 32lvl guy is worse than the 1lvl Viking I start with lol). But I read in numerous threads I should start a new Viking game, export my character, then adjust the new character so it would resemble my original one and import it back. My question is - how to to that?

I know how to export, edit and import a character, that's not the problem. The problem is, with the different way Vikings handle points, I have no idea how high set (for example) my leadership skill, when the Native leadership is 10. And that applies to every skill. I realized that with the new system I probably got more points to distribute as well.

Any idea? Should I just multiply every atribute or skill with some number, say 3? Thanks! :smile:

PS: My character here:
charfile_version = 1
name = Michal
xp = 537261
money = 1125

attribute_points = 0
skill_points = 0
weapon_points = 3

strength = 12
agility = 12
intelligence = 9
charisma = 32

trade = 0
leadership = 10
prisoner_management = 3
reserved_skill_1 = 0
reserved_skill_2 = 0
reserved_skill_3 = 0
reserved_skill_4 = 0
persuasion = 3
engineer = 3
first_aid = 0
surgery = 3
wound_treatment = 2
inventory_management = 3
spotting = 1
path-finding = 1
tactics = 1
tracking = 0
trainer = 0
reserved_skill_5 = 0
reserved_skill_6 = 0
reserved_skill_7 = 0
reserved_skill_8 = 0
looting = 0
horse_archery = 0
riding = 4
athletics = 4
shield = 4
weapon_master = 4
reserved_skill_9 = 0
reserved_skill_10 = 0
reserved_skill_11 = 0
reserved_skill_12 = 0
reserved_skill_13 = 0
power_draw = 0
power_throw = 0
power_strike = 4
ironflesh = 4
reserved_skill_14 = 0
reserved_skill_15 = 0
reserved_skill_16 = 0
reserved_skill_17 = 0
reserved_skill_18 = 0

one_handed_weapons = 271
two_handed_weapons = 168
polearms = 94
archery = 45
crossbows = 31
throwing = 31
firearms = 0

face_key_1 = 20a000191
face_key_2 = 36db6db6db6db6db

PPS: A convertor utility would be great LOL!  :grin:
enable cheats (setting, before you start the game)
start the game
create your character
open your character screen. Use SHIFT+L to gain free xp fast. Level to whatever you want.
save
close game
turn off cheats
play
Thank you for your answer! :smile: Do you have any idea how high should my level in Vikings be to match my lvl 32 in Native, please? Or should I try to match experience points (537261)?

24-32, so you can train troops. Btw, you can use the same cheat code with your companions to quickly level them up as well.
And check out Royal Sandbox, you start the game as a king, with 4 companions, some cash and a higher level already.

dorgus142 said:
kalarhan said:
dorgus142 said:
I know there is a random event when you own something other than a Village, that you have the option to gai +1 int and/or +1 str.

I'm currently owning a fort (Gobhann) but the event doesn't show up. Does anyone know if there is any trigger? Or pure luck?
random event that can happen when you enter a town. You do not need to own a village, etc
Wait... don't need to?

I mean the event that a priest and a warrior come to you asking to build a Temple or Training Grounds. They give you +1 int and +1 str, respectively. But if you have 4k denars you can build both, and get both stats.
Also, I don't seem to find an updated information anywhere. In reforged, which one is
currently the best armor in the game?

Like I said it is a random event, you need to be lord of a walled center (not a village) and visit it with a small army (>40) in day-time and hope for the best (dice rolls).

"Best" is a open concept, no way to answer that as each player likes different stats (highest defense, heavy versus medium, cost, etc).
You can easily see the entire game inventory by using the cheat menu inventory and check for yourself tho

The Onion Knight said:
How do you torture a prisoner?
Capture a lord and put him in your dungeon (after building a prison tower). Talk to the npc inside your prison for more information.

The Onion Knight said:
I recently started a brewery business in Ribe and I'm not happy with the profit it's been making compared to the price I bought it for. And also considering I have troop wages to pay aswell as running my refuge. So I want to purchase the raw materials myself for as cheap as possible (although Wheat and Barley are already cheap as hell). So I was wondering which town sells the cheapest wheat and which town sells the cheapest barley?
Economy is random and dynamic (it changes over time), so you will need to visit the centers and check it for yourself. Remember you can ask the trader in a town for extra information as well.

kalarhan said:
dorgus142 said:
kalarhan said:
dorgus142 said:

Wait... don't need to?

Also, I don't seem to find an updated information anywhere. In reforged, which one is
currently the best armor in the game?

Like I said it is a random event, you need to be lord of a walled center (not a village) and visit it with a small army (>40) in day-time and hope for the best (dice rolls).

"Best" is a open concept, no way to answer that as each player likes different stats (highest defense, heavy versus medium, cost, etc).
You can easily see the entire game inventory by using the cheat menu inventory and check for yourself tho

OHHH thank you so much! I didn't know i needed a small army. I was missing this trigger I guess.

And yeah, I meant highest defense. I used the cheat meny to search for them, now I know. Thank you again.

Is it normal to have only 1 companion leveling up. He is at the top of my "list" but I find it odd that none of the other 5 I have, have ever gained a level.
Didnt want to post as a bug before Im sure. :smile:

FlashHeart07 said:
Is it normal to have only 1 companion leveling up. He is at the top of my "list" but I find it odd that none of the other 5 I have, have ever gained a level.

all troops (including companions) gain XP.

-They have the same share after combat
-They will get extra bonus xp for killing (combat)
-They will gain training XP as long you are higher level than they are

try fighting some battles without a army (just your companions), quickest way to level them up

kalarhan said:
FlashHeart07 said:

all troops (including companions) gain XP.

-They have the same share after combat
-They will get extra bonus xp for killing (combat)
-They will gain training XP as long you are higher level than they are

try fighting some battles without a army (just your companions), quickest way to level them up

Thanks. :smile: I will try that.

Hi guys, I completed the quest "Vrenhin Loegr", I have the trophy, but what am I doing with it ? Selling ? Showing off ? Don't tell I shed the blood of my kin for 1000 exp ...

Iltedge said:
Hi guys, I completed the quest "Vrenhin Loegr", I have the trophy, but what am I doing with it ? Selling ? Showing off ? Don't tell I shed the blood of my kin for 1000 exp ...

30k xp (not 1k) and 8k gold. But it is not about the reward, but the journey  :razz:

I'm kinda disapointed, I though I'd have some major relation boost with every briton lord/settlement. But yeah, achieving this goal is quite a big deal. Next step, kicking those germanic sorry ass outta Lloegr.

ronin44 said:
A danish longphort join me and help me at battle against other vilingr or outlaw, is it normal?

the "join in battle" system is being reworked for the next patch. Longport were of the "neutral" faction, this probably will change, so we need to wait for that release.

I got stuck at quest Mael Bresail.

I'm playing sandbox campaign.

after help Morrgian, Mael bresail tell go to his farm with 25 troops. Then I got trapped in Burning house, but just can't find way the way to get out that house. Please help me.

Just walk around the corners of the Mead hall,there is also some topics about this quest in the forum.
Here:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,336410.msg7978115.html#msg7978115

Wondering how to raise the larger cities opinion of you? The mayor doesnt have any jobs to give and I don't want to burn all my money buying ale for the people in the tavern. What are the best / cheapest ways to improve my relation with them? I only need to raise it by 10.

Why doesn't allied Lords join the fight when I attack an enemy Lord? No matter how close he is to me. No one ever joins me.

This issue is also true to Sieges.

dorgus142 said:
Why doesn't allied Lords join the fight when I attack an enemy Lord? No matter how close he is to me. No one ever joins me.
This issue is also true to Sieges.
kalarhan said:
the "join in battle" system is being reworked for the next patch (...) so we need to wait for that release.

The Onion Knight said:
So there's the lord in the faction I'm in (Jarl Bagsecg) and everyone hates him. He owns a castle right near my village and my relation with him is like -30. I've plotted against him with other lords like Sigurd and Sigfrid by asking how do we advance our standings in the realm. I've duelled with him twice and told the King what we think about him twice (denounce lord and tell King quests). And now I have a dialogue  option when talking to this lord that goes something like this, "Jarl Bagsecg, I have had enough of your insolence, it's time to teach you a lesson once and for all!" And I battle his army. Do I get his castle after this? I tried doing it and when I defeated him nothing happened he just lost his army so I loaded a previous save. Can I get his castle by defeating him? What's the point of this feature? What can I get by defeating my rival in battle?

Back
Top Bottom