Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

kraggrim said:
Laizenbh said:
Alliances are done through the messenger system rather than emissaries. I think the other king has to not be within a certain distance (a couple kingdoms away maybe) and possibly also has to be in the field.  Plus you generally need to be at war with a mutual enemy.

Its normal not being able to send messages?I remember that in the past 2 of my messenger didnt delivered the message, and now the menu dont apear in Mead halls or minister diags.

Katil Tekir said:
kalarhan said:
Katil Tekir said:
About shield-wall, they are moving without my command, randomly, spliting half, going left and right, it useless to use if i am not defending, because forming them is hell of a pain
About 2-handed axes and dual wielding, no, this is not my job, this is a dlc, devs have to add things not players. It is like adding muskets to the Napo dlc. Do you think this is legit?
Easiest form of recruiting? Nope, totally not, You can't play as a raider because everyone will hate you and you can't establish to somewhere

again, this is not a discussion/feedback/complain thread, please take your thoughts to your own thread (create a new one).
also don't quote copy a entire post, use spoiler tags

Well this is a thread to discuss, I am still asking questions if devs said something because I don't follow their threads or pages. And if this is a quick answer thread, then answer the question I said, not something else. I am asking if there will be any change or addition, I am not looking for someone to say me ''Go mod ur own game''
Hi mate, 
Please search the forum the 2H axes threads,  it's widely explained.  You also have options to upgrade your troops easily. This is not a thread to discuss about the topics,  open a a new thread if and only if you feel unable to find the topics you are interested.  I'm sure you will find plenty but if you still consider them as a bug,  go to the support forum

Please,  also read the rules about posting in the forum.
Laizenbh said:
kraggrim said:
Laizenbh said:
Alliances are done through the messenger system rather than emissaries. I think the other king has to not be within a certain distance (a couple kingdoms away maybe) and possibly also has to be in the field.  Plus you generally need to be at war with a mutual enemy.

Its normal not being able to send messages?I remember that in the past 2 of my messenger didnt delivered the message, and now the menu dont apear in Mead halls or minister diags.
The messenger system is still working

So I just assaulted a settlement, but whenever I get to the end, the only option is to pillage them.. I want to capture it, though. What am I doing wrong? D:

Graydar said:
So I just assaulted a settlement, but whenever I get to the end, the only option is to pillage them.. I want to capture it, though. What am I doing wrong? D:

If you're in story mode I think it now stops you actually taking settlements. It was messing with the storyline and causing bugs if I remember correctly.

CeltiberoCaesar said:
Laizenbh said:
kraggrim said:
Laizenbh said:

The messenger system is still working
Ok, i will report and upload my Save in the bugs área.

About to start my first game...does the story mode more or less end up as the sandbox game, once you get past the start up phase? Just wondering what the difference between sandbox and story mode? Thanks.

basilhare said:
About to start my first game...does the story mode more or less end up as the sandbox game, once you get past the start up phase? Just wondering what the difference between sandbox and story mode? Thanks.

storyline is like a RPG with a main story + sideline quests and two major endings (you get to choose). After it is done (20 to 50 hours) it turns into a normal sandbox. Great way to learn the game and the story is really great.

limitations: you can't become a king, no complains from companions, can't conquer some places, some factions can't be destroyed, most companions will join you as part of the story (so don't go hunting them out in taverns like native), etc

I have never made one of my companions a vassal, but because right now a bug is affecting me, im considering it.

Bug: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=340527.msg8100030#msg8100030

But there a couple thing I would like to know first:

1- All I have to do is give him a fief?
2- Will he keep leveling up when he fights?
3- Will I be able to assign his skill points when talking to him?
4- Is there any way to make him come back to my party and leave his territories?
5- Can I change the items he uses once he is a vassal?
6- Will he have any other difference to the "normal" vassals?

Thanks.

Gogo said:
I have never made one of my companions a vassal,
The companion will become a normal vassal (with personality affecting decisions, same dialog options, etc). You can't recruit him back into a normal companion after that.

Think of them as the easiest way to recruit vassals to a new kingdom.

1-yes
2-yes
3-yes
4-No
5-No, and the gear he has the moment you make him a lord also change
6-So far i havent ser any diference, beware giving fiefs to companions without nobility in background history(such as brunhild). This cause a lot of relation drop with lots of lords in all factions

Thanks for all the answers.

So, I shouldnt bother to give him good items? All the items he will get when becominng a vassal are already pre set or does the ones he already have affect his vassal gear in any way?

Some stuff can get swapped out, dunno if there's a price comparison or something. Safest would be to strip his gear before you do it then use this tweak to readjust it.

Gogo said:
I have staff working on tax loss motigation.

Why is my tax inefficiency so big? http://i.imgur.com/Z5u6uty.jpg

your AI campaign defines the base for it (the harder it is, the lower the limit)
if you have +50% relation with your minister you get a bonus
and the "staff" you pay 3.000 a week gives another bonus

Regardless of that: you still have a limit (how many towns, forts and villages you can own). Towns are worth 2 points, forts and villages 1 point.

When you go beyond the limit you will get corruption penalty. Again your campaign AI will define the % (how much you lose).

In your case: improve relation with minister; change game difficulty if you want to; give centers to your vassals

TLDR: you can't own the entire world, you need to depend on vassals

Ordo_Lyrae said:
Which dialogue option do I choose to have my trainer train my troops in my refuge?

Talk to him.

Look at the troop tree (Camp menu, Troop Tree)

Troop A ---------------> Troop B -------------> Troop C
                      |
                      |------> Troop D

Normal path: it will train A -> B -> C
Alternative path: it will train A -> D

Two quick questions:

[list type=decimal]
[*]I play a female character who still has no fief and I just married a Jarl. What does that change for my future gameplay? What are the benefits I can reap from this marriage? Any suggestions of how I should exploit this?
[*]How can I properly set up my army for a battle? It seems the game puts archers in front of infantry, whether with automatic setup or with the command "everyone hold this position". What can I do to have spearmen in front row (because of javelins), followed by normal infantry and supporters (archers/hornmen/standard bearers/gothi)? In which groups should I put my units (spearmen, normal infantry, archers) for proper placement in both situations?
[/list]

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Back
Top Bottom