Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Your money or your life to the new Viking!

Hi guys, I have some questions (well a lot of them) about VC. I was wondering if you can help me as I have started playing less than a week ago.

1) Is there any point in upgrading your village when you become a vassal?
2) Companion wages. They already doubled for me for some odd reason and it is draining my pocket very quickly! Is there a limit?
3) Fiefs
- Is there a point of upgrading your village?
- to get more villages/castles do you just increase your renown and reputation with King and help him in war and than he will give me it?

Tirion Fordring said:
Your money or your life to the new Viking!

Hi guys, I have some questions (well a lot of them) about VC. I was wondering if you can help me as I have started playing less than a week ago.

1) Is there any point in upgrading your village when you become a vassal?
2) Companion wages. They already doubled for me for some odd reason and it is draining my pocket very quickly! Is there a limit?
3) Fiefs
- Is there a point of upgrading your village?
- to get more villages/castles do you just increase your renown and reputation with King and help him in war and than he will give me it?

1 - It has the same advantages that vanila game (and most of the mods) has....the village takes more time to raid and increased prosperity, if you defend it from raids it can become a good source of coin and soldiers, its hard to keep this on late game however when you start to defend large territories and get more fiefs.
2- The companions are elite troops, nothing can be done here i think.
3- Yes, you need renown and reputation with the king...keep in mind however that there is a limit on this and ever if the king love you more than his wife you wont get fiefs all the time. Also the more fiefs you have the more money you start to loose due to tax ineficiency.

Ah, I have just got a permanent wound on my face (hit on the head) because I can not find any information about level cap other than from 2010! I believe in Reforged edition there is a level cap which is not 99?
Any help appreciated!

Tirion Fordring said:
Ah, I have just got a permanent wound on my face (hit on the head) because I can not find any information about level cap other than from 2010! I believe in Reforged edition there is a level cap which is not 99?
Any help appreciated!
What do you mean by level cap? As far as I know, in Warband the game starts to go crazy after level 63.

erennuman_mb said:
Tirion Fordring said:
Any help appreciated!
What do you mean by level cap? As far as I know, in Warband the game starts to go crazy after level 63.

Doubt you will level over 30s without cheats, even if you play for 2-3 years (ingame)  :shifty:

If you are dying in combat just reduce game difficulty. You have a option just for you (the player).

erennuman_mb said:
Tirion Fordring said:
Any help appreciated!

I mean maximum level character can reach. If there is maximum

Tirion Fordring said:

I know, and my answer stands: you won't even reach 40, so no reason to worry about WB issues after 60s or 100s, you will never get there  :smile:

Don't remember anyone testing this. You are free to try, but as its a cheat/exploit you just need to remember its on you the risk. If you corrupt your savegame, you will have to start over. Besides that, there are gameplay changes with the player level, so you may even throw the game balance off ... making the AI even tougher to beat (bigger armies, etc)

Tirion Fordring said:
There is a soft cap (as it is unattainable without cheating) that´s around 60, and if you push past it your game will break in several ways (armies in the hundreds fleeing from just you, bandits in the thousands roaming around, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria...). There is probably a hard cap, but I´ve never tried to find it.

Hello. Is there any other way, to get more money per item than bandits? I mean Weapons, Armor etc. Because to trade with them you have to have -20 rep, which I don't want to ecnounter.

Odinas said:
Hello. Is there any other way, to get more money per item than bandits? I mean Weapons, Armor etc. Because to trade with them you have to have -20 rep, which I don't want to ecnounter.
The weaponsmith and armorer in your refuge gives you roughly the same prices, I guess. I always use them when I have good stuff to sell.

It is me again! As my king seems not to give me any fiefs I decided to buy myself a farmstead. What should I buy in Northvegr? Money is not a problem!

Tirion Fordring said:
What should I buy in Northvegr? Money is not a problem!

NPC gives you information on expected profit, altho that is dynamic so it can change over time. Don't expect to make much from them, its not like in Native where you can buy 10 enterprises and pay for all your armies. In VC they will take a long time to pay the investment back, and you won't be rich because of your Corp Empire. Instead you need to focus on towns, trade and looting.

kalarhan said:
Tirion Fordring said:
What should I buy in Northvegr? Money is not a problem!

NPC gives you information on expected profit, altho that is dynamic so it can change over time. Don't expect to make much from them, its not like in Native where you can buy 10 enterprises and pay for all your armies. In VC they will take a long time to pay the investment back, and you won't be rich because of your Corp Empire. Instead you need to focus on towns, trade and looting.

Aye, that's the problem! I have got like 40k from trading and I don't know where to invest it because my Sea King is super small so I can't buy more ships to sail from Norway to England!

Tirion Fordring said:
I have got like 40k... Sea King is super small ... sail from Norway to England!

1) You can increase your skill level (level up more)
2) Get companions to help you with skills
3) Pay for the trip (port towns allow you to travel to others by hiring a ship transport)
--> if you can't afford to take your entire army leave some behind. Either on a castle/town, your refuge or a Quarter
4) Buy a ship/ships, see (3) if you have a big army

There is no reason to stay locked in a region, unless you want to

In the game -> open notes, game concepts, and read the tutorials. The above is explained there, among other important stuff

kalarhan said:
Tirion Fordring said:
I have got like 40k... Sea King is super small ... sail from Norway to England!

1) You can increase your skill level (level up more)
2) Get companions to help you with skills
3) Pay for the trip (port towns allow you to travel to others by hiring a ship transport)
--> if you can't afford to take your entire army leave some behind. Either on a castle/town, your refuge or a Quarter
4) Buy a ship/ships, see (3) if you have a big army

There is no reason to stay locked in a region, unless you want to

In the game -> open notes, game concepts, and read the tutorials. The above is explained there, among other important stuff

1) I am at level 21. Completely forgot about Sea King tho.
2) Sea King is personal?
4) I have built myself 2 27 men ships and going to get 90 men ship soon ^^

Question about enterprises: what happen if I have them in enemy kingdom?
Eg: at war with Bebbanbruh, have a weavery there.

Hey guys a quick question on troops. 160 days into my playthrough as a norse soon to be king. Im building up my army and atm have it split mostly 50/50 between drengr and hirthmathr. I checked and their stats and they have the same power strike and iron flesh. And they seem to have the same armour. Yet the hirthmathr and even my rekkr's tend to die and get KOed a lot more than my drengr. Not sure if there is a difference in armour or just the defensive advantage of the spear to keep them at a distance. Just wondering if there is a definitive reason why they get dropped so easily.

Back
Top Bottom