Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Ezekil1493 said:
1. Is it possible to get married to a companion? How?
IIRC that is not a VC feature (BW has it, right?), so you would need to mod that in.

2. If I want to sail with an army, every ship I buy I would have to bring it to my main port, then it would allow me to use all ships as long as all of them can hold up to 150+ men?
You can "merge" two fleets to make a bigger one, but remember your skill will limit how many you can control  (Sea-King).

You can also get "bigger ships". The busse can hold 90 soldiers. You could move a few hundreds depending on your ships/skill.

Thumrad said:
If you become a vasal of any kingdom, you are no more allowed to hire danish vikings and north raiders? When i was at my own i always could, but since i'm an ally of the laithiland i justa can't do it anymore.
You can hire bandits as long you have renown, cash, free room on your party (troops+prisoners), bad reputation (low honor), ...

If you are trying to do something more specific copy the dialog (the exact words)

1. How does the duel mechanic work? I like the mechanic but often, the enemy either refuses or I don't get the option of fighting myself.

2. Is there an easy way to tweak it so the player is the one who fights with a reputation gain/loss in the balance relative to the opponent's?

DrunkenFrenchman said:
1. How does the duel mechanic work? I like the mechanic but often, the enemy either refuses or I don't get the option of fighting myself.
Depends on which duel you are talking about hehe (against a lord/quest, against your troops/low morale, storyline quest...). So you need to be more specific, copy the dialog/situation details and search on the "game_menus" for the rules.

The "refuge duel" is usually a event which is just a test of your courage... no real duel for that (coward would just accept the terms and lose face).

2. Is there an easy way to tweak it so the player is the one who fights with a reputation gain/loss in the balance relative to the opponent's?
Anything (mostly...) can be tweaked, visit the... Tweaks thread
(btw I did not understand the second part of your question, so you will need to elaborate on that with more details...)

Or do it yourself... check my guide on modding VC: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html

Goloburdeaux said:
Is it possible to reach positive relations with outlaws?

Sure, help them in battles (instead of killing them) and you will gain positive relations. If you are a "bad character" with negative honor/reputation you can even hire them to your party

(must have empty room for soldiers+their prisoners, some renown, enough cash, luck with random rolls, etc)

Also check @kraggrim submod if you want a alternative way of playing with outlaws: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347903.0.html

kalarhan said:
DrunkenFrenchman said:
Depends on which duel you are talking about hehe (against a lord/quest, against your troops/low morale, storyline quest...). So you need to be more specific, copy the dialog/situation details and search on the "game_menus" for the rules.

The "refuge duel" is usually a event which is just a test of your courage... no real duel for that (coward would just accept the terms and lose face).

Anything (mostly...) can be tweaked, visit the... Tweaks thread
(btw I did not understand the second part of your question, so you will need to elaborate on that with more details...)

Or do it yourself... check my guide on modding VC: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html

1. I meant the duels in the commander options (Before fighting a battle). I want them to be commander on commander unless the coward runs from me.

2. In the context of those duels previously described only, have something like 5% of the lords renown be value x, 5% of your renown be value y. If you win, you gain x to your renown and your enemy loses y to his renown. Reverse for reverse result. Obviously I would not want to make it that simple (IF one lord has a significantly higher renown, he should be able to refuse on the ground that you are not worthy of the honor)

And one day, I will look seriously into modding, and you will be free of me and my questions  :iamamoron: but for the time being I will keep hassling Kraggrim and you because you're awesome at it and because I have too many things IRL that have to take priority over my love for gaming  :???:

EDIT: Eventually I'd like to add a scaling reputation gain for personally killing a lord on a battlefield but that'll wait.

DrunkenFrenchman said:
1. I meant the duels in the commander options (Before fighting a battle). I want them to be commander on commander unless the coward runs from me.
2. In the context of those duels previously described only, have something like 5% of the lords renown be value x, 5% of your renown be value y. If you win, you gain x to your renown and your enemy loses y to his renown. Reverse for reverse result. Obviously I would not want to make it that simple (IF one lord has a significantly higher renown, he should be able to refuse on the ground that you are not worthy of the honor)

And one day, I will look seriously into modding, and you will be free of me and my questions  :iamamoron: but for the time being I will keep hassling Kraggrim and you because you're awesome at it and because I have too many things IRL that have to take priority over my love for gaming  :???:

EDIT: Eventually I'd like to add a scaling reputation gain for personally killing a lord on a battlefield but that'll wait.

all possible. Visit my thread on ""Q&A modding VC" to learn how to implement this idea. You can also ask there for more details once you have things started.

:arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html

Remember this thread is for vanilla VC. Tweaks and modding have their own threads  :smile:

Quick Question? Why do some of the lords in viking conquest have the word "Map" in their name? Also can this be fixed/changed?

kalarhan said:
sumchi said:
Quick Question? Why do some of the lords in viking conquest have the word "Map" in their name? Also can this be fixed/changed?

Each culture has their own naming rules (Norse, Anglos, etc), names are not in modern English.

You can change the lords names by altering the file "troops.txt".

You can also mod the game using hte "module_troops.py". See the Q&A for modding thread if you want info on how to do it.

Will require a new game.

Going on what you said about each culture having its own naming rules. I'm guessing that Map and Mac being placed in the middle of spacific lords names is a coding error or was it does on purpose for some reason?

Because I'm an Anglo history major and there has never been a lord or noble with the word Map or Mac in their name.

kalarhan said:
sumchi said:
Because I'm an Anglo history major and there has never been a lord or noble with the word Map or Mac in their name.

They are Welsh (celtic??) :mrgreen: (faction_9 is Gwynedd).

If you want to talk about lore/story of the 9th century visit the appropriate subforum for that: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,377.0.html

Cheers

I'm not sure your understanding the question. It is not only Welsh lords that have the words in their names. Some of the Saxon, Norse, and Swedish lords have it in the middle of their names. Their must have been a reason for it because it is not historically correct. Every time some one on the forum ask why a specific weapon or armor is not available the reasoning is always that "it isn't period appropriate" or "it was not commonly used in that time." So why would the creators do this to the names of the lords if they wish to be historically accurate?

kalarhan said:
sumchi said:
So why would the creators do this to the names of the lords if they wish to be historically accurate?

You can ask them in the lore forum, not a Q&A on general game

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,377.0.html
This is a general game issue not a lore issue... When walking around and talking to lords in game i have to figure out who I'm talking to because every single lord has Map or Mac in their names. Ri Rhodri map Merfyn, Mael Echou map Rhun, and like 20 others. Just to prove a point the two I just posted are from entirely different factions. I'm guessing that you have no affiliation with Taleworlds or the development team and you are only posting to +++ your post count... Also why are you deleting your post?

kalarhan said:
sumchi said:
This is a general game issue not a lore issue... When walking around and talking to lords in game i have to figure out who I'm talking to because every single lord has Map or Mac in their names. Ri Rhodri map Merfyn, Mael Echou map Rhun, and like 20 others. Just to prove a point the two I just posted are from entirely different factions.

I will try to be crystal clear (lol):

1) Is it a game bug? No, it is on purpose
2) What "mac" or "map" means? Probably "son of" or "of", like "Mael Domnall mac Aeda" is the "King/Chief" Domnall son of "Aeda" son of "someone else"

If you want to discuss LORE/How they choosen the names of nobles you can go to lore forum.

It is not a bug, I already told you how you can mod/edit if you wish.
Ok see that makes sense. Instead of telling me to go to another forum you answered my question. I was wondering if it was done on purpose or if it was a coding error. You have now made it clear to me that there is a reason behind it. Now I can go to the other forum and ask what it means exactly. Thank you!

sumchi said:
Also why are you deleting your post?

This is a Q&A thread, if we can keep it "clean" it easier for players to use the search function. When you do a full quote of a post you are just duplicating it/adding junk to the search, so I will delete my post. Simple as that  :smile:

Otherwise someone doing a quick search will have to re-read the same stuff several times trying to figure out what is what

My lords are attacking slave traders, even though I changed faction relations ffrom save editor, they keep attack them, how can I stop it?

Ruan said:
My lords are attacking slave traders, even though I changed faction relations ffrom save editor, they keep attack them, how can I stop it?

They belong to the "Manhunters" faction.

You (if king) need to change relations between "player_faction" and "player_supporters_faction" with them, and then do the same for the "Manhunters" factions

Player_faction likes Manhunters
Player_supporters_faction likes Manhunters
Manhunters likes Player_faction
Manhunters like Player_supporters_factions

^ 4 relations (its a matrix)

If you want to know more ask on the Tweaks thread (if you want to use Save Game Editor, ...) or on the "Q&A Mod VC Thread" if you want to code something for it. This thread is for vanilla questions (game as released by devs)

CakeFlirty said:
(...) Northumbrian who don't like foreigners..
(...) who from the vessels of the kingdom is basically anglo saxon and not dane and such..(...)

TLDR: which nobles in Northhymbre are saxons?

There are only 4 Christians nobles left there (from 15), and a easy hint is that they kept the "English" title of Ealdorman and even King (Cyning).
-> Remember the saxon king is just a puppet

"knight_8_1", "Cyning Egbert", "Egbert",
"knight_8_3", "Ealdorman Ealdred", "Ealdred",
"knight_8_5", "Ealdorman Ricsige", "Ricsige",
"knight_8_6", "Ealdorman Egbert the Second", "Egbert the Second",

Is it possible to conquer a city without plundering it? Right now I have a reputation of 10 and the only options I have are conquer and plunder, plunder and leave, or devastate

HostileInf said:
Is it possible to conquer a city without plundering it?

Only on sandbox (not on storyline mode)

Templar_Maluxul said:
I want to know if it's possible to get a *good* response from a village elder when you ask him about recruiting villagers?

You need more than 4 persuasion (skill). You can check the game code for dialogs if you want more details ("village_elder_recruit2_1" is a good start)

kalarhan said:
You need more than 4 persuasion (skill). You can check the game code for dialogs if you want more details ("village_elder_recruit2_1" is a good start)

I have 10 Persuasion skill too because I focused solely on Charisma but it doesn't work. I would really like to know why.

Templar_Maluxul said:
I would really like to know why.

As I told you: without more info (the exact chain of dialogs) that is what we can tell you.

Open the file module_dialogs.py and search for the conditions related to your case (you can use the lines spoken by the npcs to search it)

This thread has info on how to learn the basics of modding and how to get the source: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html

Back
Top Bottom