Quick Guide on how to create your own Kingdom :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Some people were asking me on how to create an own Kingdom properly. I figure this is the safest/easiest way without losing too much relation:

- Get the "Artisan Community" Trading Perk
- establish Workshops (Wool weavers in the khuzait area, Wine Press at marunath)
- remember you lose the workshops in towns of factions you are at war with
- go into Hideout/Tournament fights to boost renown
- Hit Clan Tier 4
- Search for a settlement around varcheg which switched a faction recently (most likely there are not a lot of troops in there)
- Start war by attacking a Party leader or make a hostile action in a village which is belonging to the certain faction.
- Start Siege
- Take the Castle
- Barter Peace (As long as you dont create your kingdom you can barter peace with money)
- Create Kingdom (Clan tab -> Top right "create Kingdom" Button)

Conquering the first Settlement is the hardest thing to do. You need to find a Settlement with a low ammount of troops. The Siege preparation is going to be very slow so you want to be sure that the faction which currently owns the settlement is distracted, not around or low on troops. Don't rush to siege, take your time and wait for the right moment :smile:

You can also join a Kingdom as a Vassal and leave it after you got a settlement. You will loose a lot of relation doing so.

Last edited:
Have at least two million so you can afford to pay huge tribute amounts when every kingdom declares war on you at once.
Thats why you should create on the border. Since my last 3 playthroughs getting all the settlements this was not happening anymore in the early state of the kingdom. Now i have Sturgians, half of Battania and some Empire settlements under my control. The highest ammount of Kingdoms i was at war against at once was 2 and i could easily peace out with my Influence. You cant make Peace using gold since 1.5.10. Kingdoms dont declare war on you chaoticly since 1.5.7 at least.
I recommend updating the game :wink:

Thats why you should create on the border. Since my last 3 playthroughs getting all the settlements this was not happening anymore in the early state of the kingdom. Now i have Sturgians, half of Battania and some Empire settlements under my control. The highest ammount of Kingdoms i was at war against at once was 2 and i could easily peace out with my Influence. You cant make Peace using gold since 1.5.10. Kingdoms dont declare war on you chaoticly since 1.5.7 at least.
I am playing on 1.6 and created kingdoms in both 1.5.7 and 1.5.10; in both cases the AI dogpiled. Once while I was holding Razih, Danaustica and Husn Fulq, the other time when I held Vosstrum and Onira.

Some people were asking me on how to create an own Kingdom properly. I figure this is the safest/easiest way without losing too much relation:

- Get the "Artisan Community" Trading Perk
- establish Workshops
- go into Hideout/Tournament fights
- Hit Clan Tier 4
- Search for a settlement at the border area of the map which switched a faction recently (most likely there are not a lot of troops in there) I recommend the Sturgian Area.
- Start war by attacking a Party leader or make a hostile action in a village which is belonging to the certain faction.
- Start Siege
- Take the Castle
- Barter Peace (As long as you dont create your kingdom you can barter peace with money)
- Create Kingdom (Clan tab -> Top right "create Kingdom" Button)

Conquering the first Settlement is the hardest thing to do. You need to find a Settlement with a low ammount of troops. The Siege preparation is going to be very slow so you want to be sure that the faction which currently owns the settlement is distracted, not around or low on troops. Don't rush to siege, take your time and wait for the right moment :smile:

You can also join a Kingdom as a Vassal and leave it after you got a settlement. You will loose a lot of relation doing so.

This is extremely bad advice for anyone who doesn't know what they're doing. And if you know what you're doing you don't do it ?
Kids, DO NOT press make kingdom button right away at clan rank 4 and 1 fief, do not. DON'T DO IT.
I have a lot more to say, I'll be back. I'm not trying to be mean but...well..

You need many more fiefs to have enough power level to be attractive to vassals, IME you need about a faction worth of land and decent garrisons for them to feel safe joining you. This will also support you as once you have vassals you often won't be able to give yourself more fiefs.

It's absolutely about 10X easier to stay in the solo clan form and attack a faction 1 v1 to gain more fiefs (and money) then it is to make a kingdom and open yourself up top multiple factions and rely on you army...army can only go to one place at once.... your villages get raided, you food, plummets... you lose. Lone clan : always faster, can easily take down 1 faction.

As @Apocal says, you want about 2m saved up for recruiting you first clans. About 200K for a fief-less clan who likes you okay is average, but 2m gives you some flexibility. You need fief-less clans so if there aren't any go make some! This goes hand in hand with expanding you holdings in the prep-work before you press make-kingdom.

Get the "Artisan Community" Trading Perk
- establish Workshops

What's this fluff? I just start being down lords strait out of the ? money, renown, weakening my target faction, it starts day 1, not rank 4.
Kids, tournaments are fine and dandy, but do "deliver the herd" and steal the horses! Get them horses! All of them! Sell some use some,
then get yourself married! Then rescue your brother, set him as quarter master and you've got 85 party size, be a merc, be a bully, either is fine.

This is almost decent advice, for someone who needs advice, with the caveat that you still need many more fiefs then 1, money, all that jazz to get vassals.

?

Last edited:
Since I use Start Kingdom mod I always started as a king. It's funny because it happens when everyone are at same stats and I control all the army even when I help any party.

This is extremely bad advice for anyone who doesn't know what they're doing. And if you know what you're doing you don't do it ?
Kids, DO NOT press make kingdom button right away at clan rank 4 and 1 fief, do not. DON'T DO IT.
I have a lot more to say, I'll be back. I'm not trying to be mean but...well..
i know some taleworlds forum users like to be mean, toxic, and all knowing. no worries, you arent mean, maybe a little bit behind :smile:

You need many more fiefs to have enough power level to be attractive to vassals, IME you need about a faction worth of land and decent garrisons for them to feel safe joining you. This will also support you as once you have vassals you often won't be able to give yourself more fiefs.
get vassals without fiefs, there are enough around. i didnt have had any problem with that so far. you dont need more than 2 at the beginning anyway.

You can go with mercanaries and 2 more vassals early on to still get your fiefs. i dont know where you got the information from that vassals are attracted by the ammount of fiefs you have. would be nice to see a source to that.
It's absolutely about 10X easier to stay in the solo clan form and attack a faction 1 v1 to gain more fiefs (and money) then it is to make a kingdom and open yourself up top multiple factions and rely on you army...army can only go to one place at once.... your villages get raided, you food, plummets... you lose. Lone clan : always faster, can easily take down 1 faction.
you cant create an army without establishing a kingdom, so how do you act against an enemy army approaching you without abusing stuff? if your crime rating gets to high, kingdoms declare war on you even without your kingdom established. it just happened to me earlier this week. so you need to buy yourself out way more often. sounds not legit at all. maybe on an easy difficulty.

As @Apocal says, you want about 2m saved up for recruiting you first clans. About 200K for a fief-less clan who likes you okay is average, but 2m gives you some flexibility. You need fief-less clans so if there aren't any go make some! This goes hand in hand with expanding you holdings in the prep-work before you press make-kingdom.
You can go with mercanaries and 2 more vassals early on to still get your fiefs. vassals with fiefs probably dont want to join as they are fine with where they are. saving up to 2 millions sounds like a waste of time. you can be faster on the get go.

Get the "Artisan Community" Trading Perk
- establish Workshops
What's this fluff? I just start being down lords strait out of the ? money, renown, weakening my target faction, it starts day 1, not rank 4.
Kids, tournaments are fine and dandy, but do "deliver the herd" and steal the horses! Get them horses! All of them! Sell some use some,
then get yourself married! Then rescue your brother, set him as quarter master and you've got 85 party size, be a merc, be a bully, either is fine.
oh so you are still playing on campaign mode :smile:

overall you need to understand that bannerlord is a sandbox game. there isnt only one way to play the game. i always play the game on the highest difficulty with permadeath and everything enabled. i get all the settlements with each patch released with avoiding abusive content. so i thought it would be worth to sharet. just because you feel right with what you are doing doesnt mean that iam wrong. i didnt wanted to offend you and i appreciate that you found a way that is more attractive to you. feel free to share your thoughts on your own thread.

have a nice day and dont forget to be toxic with your answer!

i dont know where you got the information from that vassals are attracted by the ammount of fiefs you have. would be nice to see a source to that.
@Flesson19 @bonerstorm Hey do you guys remember what thread that was where we just discussed all this at length with the Dev who made the mechanic in the current version of the game? This guy could use link. Also, what else could we tell him to help him with his guide since obviously he wants to make the best guide he can, not just dump low effort nonsense and call it day.
so how do you act against an enemy army approaching you without abusing stuff?
I beat them up with soupier troops and soupier micro and soupier speed. ?
Also I do this:

Perhaps you're the one behind in tech.

just because you feel right with what you are doing doesnt mean that iam wrong.
Every single day somebody tries to make a kingdom at rank 4 with 1 fief and gets a very unpleasant result and asks for help, you guide can't help them and only increases this issue for new players.

have a nice day and dont forget to be toxic with your answer!

Also, what else could we tell him to help him with his guide since obviously he wants to make the best guide he can, not just dump low effort nonsense and call it day.
nonsense? dude i was succesful with that more than once so it is viable. i shared this thought. if you think there is just one way to play the game then go ahead but who the hell made you a forum officer to act like that? as i said i didnt wanted to offend you. please leave others alone with that super annoying arrogance.

Also I do this:
Abuse Stuff, make it ridiculous. great! Not anyones deal but do your thing. Remember not everyone wants to play like that all day long. you do you.

Every single day somebody tries to make a kingdom at rank 4 with 1 fief and gets a very unpleasant result and asks for help, you guide can't help them and only increases this issue for new players.
This is about ONE way how to get there. players questions should get answered. thing is more than possible and not hard at all if you know how. i explained in my answer before. if you dont want to do that, leave it alone and stay in your bubble.

Last edited:
I am playing on 1.6 and created kingdoms in both 1.5.7 and 1.5.10; in both cases the AI dogpiled. Once while I was holding Razih, Danaustica and Husn Fulq, the other time when I held Vosstrum and Onira.
i know what you mean, its very frustrating. the problem with those areas is that they are surrounded by multiple factions. factions declare war on you depending on the distance to you and your strength-settlement relation. i guess the whole thing started with claiming danaustica, as it is in touch with the aserai, southern empire and the khuzait. vostrum and onira is very much centered so same with that. in order to make sure that you dont get dogpiled early on, an area with just one or two factions around is a better choice. thats why i recommend the north-east area. if i dont want to get in touch with another faction, i leave one or two settlements in between me and the others. i do claim those places as soon as i feel ready for the next step to continue.

Last edited:
Quite recently, when I play the game, I start to imagine AnandaShanti in my head saying "why did you spend all that denars for that useless thing", "why are running away from that lord, go and beat him", "why are you wasting time on this useless quest" :grin: :grin: :grin: . I am not saying these because it is a bad thing btw @AnandaShanti.

Quite recently, when I play the game, I start to imagine AnandaShanti in my head saying "why did you spend all that denars for that useless thing", "why are running away from that lord, go and beat him", "why are you wasting time on this useless quest" :grin: :grin: :grin: . I am not saying these because it is a bad thing btw @AnandaShanti.
Imagine the voice I hear in my head......
The e.1.6.0 thread? Meh, I tried.
Yes that's where it was! I see @bonerstorm is muted now I feel bad for @ing him.

Won't really matter what steps I take when I throw 500 sword sisters on steroids at all my enemies.
Tell me more about this I'm intrigued! Is this a mod or what unit do you feel is like sword sisters?

I do not remember the thread
I watched your helping hands smithing test! Good work! Hope they're gentle with the nerf :xf-wink:

This is about ONE way how to get there. players questions should get answered.
What you outlined (after getting rank 4), is literally the exact things you have to do for the game to let you make a faction, but people do exactly that every day and have a huge problem from doing it. I actually misread your advice and though it was better: I thought you said to take a town on the edge of map and agreed, but now I see you just mean any town that's switched sides. I would ad the caveat that although it may be easier to capture, it may have significant stability issues and there's a reason it's changed hands many times that may be relevant when you do create a kingdom.... however that's all fine IF you intend to take more fiefs and do the proper work before making the kingdom. Also remind people to sell thier workshops you told them make, before they create the kingdom or they may lose them.

I'm giving you information, you can digest it or not, but you don't decide who posts what in your thread

I only create a kingdom when all of my cities are prospering and I run out of more rebel cities to take.

With rebellions happening, why would anybody bother with declaring war to take some tiny backwater on the edge of the map when with a little time, you can become lord of the most prestigious cities on the map without any war?

What you outlined (after getting rank 4), is literally the exact things you have to do for the game to let you make a faction, but people do exactly that every day and have a huge problem from doing it. I actually misread your advice and though it was better: I thought you said to take a town on the edge of map and agreed, but now I see you just mean any town that's switched sides. I would ad the caveat that although it may be easier to capture, it may have significant stability issues and there's a reason it's changed hands many times that may be relevant when you do create a kingdom.... however that's all fine IF you intend to take more fiefs and do the proper work before making the kingdom. Also remind people to sell thier workshops you told them make, before they create the kingdom or they may lose them.

I'm giving you information, you can digest it or not, but you don't decide who posts what in your thread
The workshops are there to boost the renown in the first place, i appreciate your advices here anyway. i understand and will edit later to make it more clear for new players.
this is the first reply were you give relyable information. there is just not much room of exchange when you concentrate on mocking others and spreading salt. dont get me wrong but your other replies werent that helpful. it just felt like you were more about how to abuse the game but play. comming at me with keeping guys in prison forever and all that good science stuff. this is not what i was about. i just wanted to present a possible, less abusive way. iam aware that there is more than one way to approach things. are you?
furthermore if someone is having problems with the approach then he's invited to ask questions. i dont have problems with that.
I only create a kingdom when all of my cities are prospering and I run out of more rebel cities to take.

With rebellions happening, why would anybody bother with declaring war to take some tiny backwater on the edge of the map when with a little time, you can become lord of the most prestigious cities on the map without any war?
Well there are different ways to play i guess :grin: i just have a fun time creating and increasing the size of my kingdom and it needs to start somewhere.
how do you go on after you created a kingdom? i could imagine a lot of factions are declaring war on you while you dont have a lot of power. how do you get along with it?

I like the the games where I get rebel towns only too! There's something really good about seeing your towns become safe and prosperous while the rest of the map is in war all the time! I haven't done it in 1.6 yet because I want to be vassals and try the "capture a town" quests.

Well there are different ways to play i guess :grin: i just have a fun time creating and increasing the size of my kingdom and it needs to start somewhere.
how do you go on after you created a kingdom? i could imagine a lot of factions are declaring war on you while you dont have a lot of power. how do you get along with it?
In my last playthrough - although it was in 1.5.9 so I'll let you know how it goes in my new playthrough - I had 5 cities - all prospering and peaceful for a generation before I declared a kingdom. By that point I had enough parties to form a decently large army without other clans.

When I declared a kingdom, nobody attacked me for ages which gave me quite a bit of time to gather several clans. My first war happened through my own nobles and it enabled me to link my main cities with castles - my kingdom was inside the empire, and stronger than the Southern Empire from the outset (I owned most of their cities already). In fact, it was almost like they were my private castle owning sub-faction until I stripped them of castles and basically eliminated them.

It really speeds things up to be independently wealthy and powerful when you go through the technicality of declaring a kingdom.

I feel like there are fewer rebellions in 1.6.0 so I haven't been able to play the same way - I'm 10 years in without a rebellion so I might see if I can revive Sturgia.

In my last playthrough - although it was in 1.5.9 so I'll let you know how it goes in my new playthrough - I had 5 cities - all prospering and peaceful for a generation before I declared a kingdom. By that point I had enough parties to form a decently large army without other clans.

When I declared a kingdom, nobody attacked me for ages which gave me quite a bit of time to gather several clans. My first war happened through my own nobles and it enabled me to link my main cities with castles - my kingdom was inside the empire, and stronger than the Southern Empire from the outset (I owned most of their cities already). In fact, it was almost like they were my private castle owning sub-faction until I stripped them of castles and basically eliminated them.

It really speeds things up to be independently wealthy and powerful when you go through the technicality of declaring a kingdom.

I feel like there are fewer rebellions in 1.6.0 so I haven't been able to play the same way - I'm 10 years in without a rebellion so I might see if I can revive Sturgia.
What suprises me is, that no one declares war on you. are you even in the need getting more vassals? didnt expected that at all. no matter the 1.5.9. i gonna check that stuff out it sounds hillarious :grin:

Back
Top Bottom